Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    CONFIRMED AGAIN. MMO-CHAMP - Current max-level characters will begin Shadowlands at level 50 and work toward the new level cap of 60.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Imagine thinking people after 15 years of playing WoW, leveling with each new expansion to reach level cap being mad about a level squish is just about a number.
    Everything will be crunched down to 50, then you get back to 60. You're still stronger and more powerful than everything else you've ever done in the game's history.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Wasn't stating an opinion dude ... and if you are so worried about a single number being half as big, just write an add on that doubles it for you.
    Your new to the Idea of RPG's I'm guessing, Level gains used to have meanings and the numbers meant something.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    YI'll just play a different game.
    Not sure where you will find another game where you can be level 120 though.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It wasn't an opinion. Spending 2 hours killing 100 boars until you find 3 of them with hearts ... that's objectively a waste of time.
    It is an opinion.

Logging in to level a never ending necklace is objectively a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    CONFIRMED AGAIN. MMO-CHAMP - Current max-level characters will begin Shadowlands at level 50 and work toward the new level cap of 60.
    Why are you posting obnoxiously instead of normally?

I dont give a FUCK about level squish. They can fucking stretch levels to thousands for all I care. Now Ion better give me new class soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    it will destroy WoW. this will be the thing that kills it
    Lol, sure mate. They are reworking the whole leveling experience, which is BADLY overdue. This will definitely not kill anything but feel free to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Your new to the Idea of RPG's I'm guessing
    Yeah - only been playing them for around 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Level gains used to have meanings and the numbers meant something.
    EXACTLY - and that is what they are trying to fix.

- - - Updated - - -

It is an opinion.
    Nope - you should read more clearly.

Logging in to level a never ending necklace is objectively a waste of time.
    It would be - thankfully you didn't need to do that in BfA.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    If that are really all the features fuck this and fuck Blizzard for not listing to what players want and destroying WoW with this.
    You guys said you don't want grinds and that there's too much to do. Seems like they listened pretty clearly.

So I was right I guess....

Yeah - only been playing them for around 30 years.
    and never learned why all that work towards levels mattered wow...
    *sigh the old DING in EQ zone wide congrats... (and the painful deaths) and those numbers meant something, not something to take away on a whim.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-11-01 at 07:57 PM.

We will see how it feels on launch. Hopefully it's a bit like classic lvling

10+ Year Old Account
    Now all I gotta know is if I should level now or later
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So I was right I guess....
    It literally says "the new level cap"

It doesn't say anything like the "SHADOWLANDS level cap of 60"

The new level cap is 60, and will be crunched to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm 100% in favor of the level squish but not if it works like that.

Would be absolutely idiotic to level 1-120 and then randomly drop to 50 in certain areas.

There's no reason they can't easily squish everything down and make things actually matter again. I think this is a huge step in the right direction, but I also think I wouldn't play if it only mattered in the new zones.
    Why? It's like entering new area, when you exit it you are back to "normal" lvl

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this, and can't wait for it. leveling to 120 literally felt meaningless, and this is someone who has done it 10+ times.

People saying it will destroy wow, we will see you in 2 years bitching about the next mechanic change.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    So is there another stat squish already?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So is there another stat squish already?
    Probably. They could, I'm sure, just keep the current stats and squish the levels and systems for that. But why not do both at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I love this, and can't wait for it. leveling to 120 literally felt meaningless, and this is someone who has done it 10+ times.

People saying it will destroy wow, we will see you in 2 years bitching about the next mechanic change.
    idk about that :x. WoW isn't really contending anymore honestly. This might have just been the "bullet" people needed to switch to a differnet MMO (ESO, FFXIV) or even Classic