Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So no new class? No new race? Just more of the same?

I expected to be honest a new class or some new races.
    Other than that the zones looks cool, let's see if they bring class sets back.

Quote Originally Posted by Malum View Post
    So no physical collectors edition? Nothing new except some zones? Glad I quit already. Only thing good so far is D4.
    They always announce Physical CE's about 6 months later. Expect to pay $50 more than the "Ultimate Edition" ....

... oh, and no artbook.

I like that they're gonna make leveling meaningful again.
    What's meaningful about them remove more stuff? how does a smaller number make it more meaningful when its functionally gonna be the same?

Honestly putting it back to 60 is arbitrary as all hell... there was no reason what so ever to remove levels especially when boosts are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that only economically illiterate people pre-order digital games. You’re just giving Blizzard an interest-free loan.
    Well, I mean, what else are they going to spend their virtual Blizzard currency on?

> new level cap of 60
    > Heroic Edition ($59.99) includes level-120 character boost

Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    How would Lightforged Draenei DKs work though? Lore wise I mean.
    They will be Azeroth's deadliest inbreeds.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    What's meaningful about them remove more stuff? how does a smaller number make it more meaningful when its functionally gonna be the same?

Honestly putting it back to 60 is arbitrary as all hell... there was no reason what so ever to remove levels especially when boosts are a thing.
    It's not, though.
    Level 60 is kind of an iconic thing for WoW - and doing a squish to lvl 60 right after its 15th anniversary is a good PR move - as proven with Classic, nostalgia sells.
    Plus they can rearrange the talent trees and the spells and abilities to be given more frequently rather than every 15 lvls (I mean, sometimes you went through like 10 levels without a new spell or ability, or maybe with a buff or something shitty that didn't change your gameplay in any meaningful way), which would make the levelling experience much more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    8.4 looks awesome! wait...this is the next expansion?.....

like even bfa did better it had like 8-10 allied races....shadowlands getss umm more races can be dk ....they could literally toggle that on as every race already has the animations...

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    > new level cap of 60

Wat?
    I don't get why this is so hard to grasp. The level squish doesn't happen until the prepatch (most likely). You get the boost to use now.

Will have to wait and see what they talk about in the panels. It'll be interesting to see if they bare bones the physical CE again.
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Phayde; 2019-11-01 at 08:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    > new level cap of 60

Wat?
    Are you dense?

You get an instant 120 boost, once 9.0 goes live it will be an lvl 50 boost.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

> new level cap of 60

Wat?
    yeah you get a 120 now, you go to 50 in a year.

This is sad. Blizzard d needed to hit this expansion out of the park. This seems more underwhelming than BFa. No new class ? Nothing really new but more grinding ....no thanks I will pass. They really needed a home run, they needed something to generate excitement. This ain't it. RIP world of Warcraft

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    When half of the feature list is preorder bonuses you just know we're fucked.

It's very barebone rn.

I just told my guild I would be returning in 9.0 having seen what 8.3 offers and it seems at least to me right now the time saved not having a huge 8.3 patch has not benefited the expansion at all, I mean the video & article seem to have provided the core features already and nothing really else to unveil.

I'm not sold as of now will have to watch the panel but could be the first expansion I don't play on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This is sad. Blizzard d needed to hit this expansion out of the park. This seems more underwhelming than BFa. No new class ? Nothing really new but more grinding ....no thanks I will pass. They really needed a home run, they needed something to generate excitement. This ain't it. RIP world of Warcraft
    Yeah the cinematic looked awesome AF but the features looked lackluster. I'll still probably play the fuck out of it at launch though.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that only economically illiterate people pre-order digital games. You’re just giving Blizzard an interest-free loan.

Wow dude. Are you angry? They are offering some perks right now.

Welp no new class. On one hand, this was the last (and only, realistically) chance Necromancers ever had to be playable. That time is up; this confirms that they will never, ever be playable. On the other hand, which is even worse for me, this is another expansion where Tinkers are not going to be added. While this hardly implies they will never be playable, this is the first "other" expansion where a new class wasn't added, and may mean Blizzard is not going to add anymore. I would be disappointed regardless if this happened.

I don't hate this expansion just because it didn't add the class I've wanted since day one, but I'm skeptical all the same. I don't know enough yet, and until I do I do not know if I will like this expansion. Too many unknowns. The theme, at least, seems kind of cool, I guess. So that's a plus. I like that there's a ton of new lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Malum View Post
    So no physical collectors edition? Nothing new except some zones? Glad I quit already. Only thing good so far is D4.

lol $120 for a digital epic edition because it has a transmog? haha. Welcome to appearance purchases and a new chinese way to play your MMO.
    What, 120? No, 80! And that edition has more then just a transmog. The transmog is also in the 60 dollar edition btw.