Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    @reploid I agree 100% with you.
    I don't think we're getting Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Doesn't really explain TBC, Cata, WoD, or BfA unless you are saying they need 2 expansions straight to fix classes.
    didn't those expansions have new combinations of races and classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The lack of a class is a very good reason to "bitch"
    Enough of this crap, WOW is not a MOBA with 100+ heroes to choose from.
    There is already more classes that the game needs. I can barely recall them all

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    If they were actually listening, no new class means an entire rework of existing classes. No new races mean enhanced customization to current races (and thats already confirmed as a feature on the preorder page)
    Blizzard has not communicated that at all. Are you assuming this based on the survey that was sent to select players?

I heard nothing about this in the announcement.

And if they were listening, then wouldn't a new class be something we should be getting considering the demand for one? Seems like you're inserting a lot of hypotheticals here without taking a moment to realize what people are 'bitching' about.

Class changes, class balance and reworks are not a substitute for a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Everything about the new expansion looks amazing, except for two things:

1. Fucking stupid nothing little CUNT Sylvanas is STILL ALIVE after BfA?????? SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Not only that, but she is now somehow retconned into the most powerful GOD the universe has ever seen??????? Flicking the mighty Lich King away like a fucking mosquito?!?!?!

Absolute horseshit. It's too bad, because the rest of it looks awesome as hell. But I hate it already because of these two insanely stupid things.

But I am ****EXTREMELY**** glad that there will NOT be a stupid fucking idiotic bullshit fuckstain Tinkerer class, like so many dumbfuck retards were squalling and bawling for.
    You haven’t been paying attention. Sylvanas has clearly been empowered by an entity wielding mysterious primal forces. She has been granted new power and Magics by what is presumably a Death God.

Probably lots of characters in wow could have been empowered like her but maybe the Death God wanted someone as a servant/avatar who was down with killing literally every living thing on Azeroth. Sylvanas is down.

Have a little faith.
    in this blizzard? nice try, but no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    didn't those expansions have new combinations of races and classes?
    Nothing that would make class reworks or balancing go on the back burner though?

OP should frequent Reddit wow definitely. A place of rainbow and sunshine filled with sheeps living in a state of eternal bliss. Pure heaven there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The lack of a class is a very good reason to "bitch"
    And what class would that be? Tinker? Necromancer? Yes, very unique classes that EVERYONE will rush to make and play as for years to come I'm sure.

I love it how people been telling Blizzard that WoW needed a big change, that it was in the wrong path etc. Most people hated BFA and they lost an immense amount of subs, so they do a MASSIVE change of direction after an even more massive research (every single person who unsubbed during early bfa was invited to answer a questionnaire) and you guys are not even waiting for the whats next panel before bitching. Shame on you.

If they were actually listening, no new class means an entire rework of existing classes. No new races mean enhanced customization to current races (and thats already confirmed as a feature on the preorder page)

Classic meant they went back and saw what made it good and will work to make retail a better experience.

Have a little faith.
    I'm for telling people to wait until they get more information but you literally just did the opposite. You're claiming they're doing an entire rework of existing classes despite nothing indicating that... Blind optimism is bad and BFA was a prime example of that.

Did I read right that we get something like class skins?

Claim a Covenant’s Power: Players will be called upon to forge a bond with one of four Covenants that rule Shadowlands’ new zones, setting the tone for their journey through the expansion with a full Covenant Campaign. As they level up, they’ll get new abilities based on their choice, including class-specific abilities for each Covenant—as well as developing Soulbinds with specific Covenant members, which grant them access to that character’s specific traits and bonuses.

Does this mean, If I play e.g. Necrolords as a Warlock I get Necromancer Talents?

As they level up, they’ll get new abilities based on their choice

I think, this can be awesome. I'd rather have much love for all the existing classes, than a new class and only one new talent for the existing classes.

Have to agree wholeheartedly here. Even if the expansion has a lack of features on the level of WoD, it doesn't mean they aren't focusing on getting things right. We don't know what features are in store.

The very fact they are doing a level squish gives me more hope than any other expansion before it...because it sounds like EVERY LEVEL matters is a direct nod to Classic itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    How do you know that’s it though? I agree with being skeptical because if that’s all there is it’s kind of small but at the same time we have no clue if that’s it or not. We’ve heard nothing about AP, nothing about forging, nothing about any systems at all. That’s how you know we haven’t heard everything, they haven’t spoken about existing systems.

As long as class design is good, the raids are good and there’s at least a bit of outdoor content to do I’ll be happy. However, I don’t believe weve seen everything that comes with the expansion. I don’t think anyone should have any faith, I think people should remain skeptical but at the same time I personally want all the info first.
    Because they've already put up the preorder on their website, and they're liable to get into legal trouble if they're not completely clear about what it contains.
    This is what we're getting, the only questions right now are class design and such.

If they have good class design then I might try it for a bit, but I am a bit sceptical about class design after the last two expansions.

I love it how people been telling Blizzard that WoW needed a big change, that it was in the wrong path etc. Most people hated BFA and they lost an immense amount of subs, so they do a MASSIVE change of direction after an even more massive research (every single person who unsubbed during early bfa was invited to answer a questionnaire) and you guys are not even waiting for the whats next panel before bitching. Shame on you.

Classic meant they went back and saw what made it good and will work to make retail a better experience.

Have a little faith.
    Can you please tell me how exact this is a "massive change"? All i see ist Legion 3.0 with 4 Reputations where you can get a fancy Transmog at the end and a Island-Expedition-Like Dungeon as Main- and Only-Features. You really think that will raise the subcount? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    You haven’t been paying attention. Sylvanas has clearly been empowered by an entity wielding mysterious primal forces. She has been granted new power and Magics by what is presumably a Death God.

Probably lots of characters in wow could have been empowered like her but maybe the Death God wanted someone as a servant/avatar who was down with killing literally every living thing on Azeroth. Sylvanas is down.

It could have been LITERALLY ANYONE besides Sylvanas, and I would be fine with it. But that goddamn piece of shit has continued to escape justice expansion after expansion after expansion after expansion. I'm SICK of it, and want her GONE, forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    WoD didn't introduce a new Race or Class as a reminder. So, Shadowlands isn't the first. LOL.

Actually wait, Pandaren and all Allied Races can now become DKs ^_^
    That is a poor example for hope.

New customization =/= new classes.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Arthur! When we get to the Shadowlands everything will all come together, you'll see! We'll be picking mangos in Bastion, and all our troubles will be behind us! You just gotta have FaItH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    And what class would that be? Tinker? Necromancer? Yes, very unique classes that EVERYONE will rush to make and play as for years to come I'm sure.
    Every class is significantly represented in player statistics. And it's not my job to come up with new classes, it's theirs.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Focusing on fixing the existing specs is FAR more important than adding a new class.
    I just want to point out that fixing specs/classes shouldn't come at the expense of adding a new class, and vice versa. The two can be mutually exclusive. People praise MoP for being one of the best times in class/spec design, and yet it added a class, so... clearly a contradiction.

We don't even know if we're getting a new class or not yet. We will shortly though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Pandaren dk as hope?

If pandaren were removed from wow and put only to meaningless games like overwatch, hs and hots. That would be hope.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.