Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Art wise I really like some of the zones, armor and creatures. Hopefully they tone down the triple RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Worse:

Not just the covenants, but now we also have that Tower thingie that will grant you powers that, again, will ONLY last that expansion. Joy.
    dude it give you power for the Tower. That all, is like u unlock power up so you can go deeper on the tower.
    Is a mechanic for that only part.

So no new class, no new race. Just more of the same.

- 10 levels
    - 4-5 zones
    - 8 Dungeons
    - 1 Raid

Thats it....I really hope there is more.

Ion put on a good presentation, some of the stuff he mentioned like class de-pruning, less randomization on rewards, race customizations, are all great, but not really expansion sellers in my mind. Obviously no new class at this point and that's a big disappointment for me, no mention of class sets either, not super pumped if they tie armor to armor types again outside of covenant armor sets. I don't know, I think they're taking a good approach to shadowlands from what I've seen but there was no large "WoW" factor, no pun intended.

Modern new player zone, can play through any expansion in its entirety to get 1-50.

Only thing to make me say "Nice!"

It really feel there's not a lot of new things but they are actually focusing on adding a lot of player suggestion and fixing what needs to be fixed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the forsaken features lol one of the female models looked like elvira

One more thing:
    no new class, scrubs, level a wildhammer dwarf and pandaren dk

This "Shadowlands will return to class identity as opposed to spec identity." is sad to me...
    one expansion saying they want more spec identity and a fire mage should have less frost spell and what not.. and now we go back -.-"

I'm glad Allied Races are taking the backseat for a while.

Blizzard : "We want you to have something when you log it"
    MMO-C : "OMG, they just talk about MAU"

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you told me this without showing me the graphics and told me it was a Rift or Aion expansion i would believe you. Good lord this is so lame.

Lets be honest, you would have typed this exact same message about literally ANYTHING Blizzard could have possibly shown today. Pathetic troll is pathetic.

Fixing professions and m+ chest. This are features for a patch they withheld to put into an expansion.
    Same with returning removed abilites.

Basically deliver a broken product and then fix some points and get praised by sheeps. Great strategy.

if they actually fix the game and make it fun again i can deal with a handful of things i dont like (like stat and level squish). hopefully they stop removing stuff from the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Worse:

Not just the covenants, but now we also have that Tower thingie that will grant you powers that, again, will ONLY last that expansion. Joy.
    Oh no no. Those powers in the tower will last ONLY in THAT run IN the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    well go play another game man.

Im all in for this expansion so far everything they speak about sound great and cool. They remove alot of the rng from areas of the game. And add cool options as rewards.
    So yeah im happy.
    No where did they say did they remove a lot of the RNG. They may mask it, but it will be there , more than likely even worse. Enjoy a game thats not adding anything new. No mention of Pathfinder that i have seen so Flying is going to be yet another grind. And another Expansion centering around Sylvanas> Boring as fuck
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that everyone can be a DK but the rest sounds good.

Nice I've always wanted to lok like Whitney Houston lol

So far very underwhelming. The customization for races is pretty cool, but it's too little too late.

Here's hoping for more interesting info tomorrow. All in all, I'm glad I set expectations low.

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    This "Shadowlands will return to class identity as opposed to spec identity." is sad to me...
    one expansion saying they want more spec identity and a fire mage should have less frost spell and what not.. and now we go back -.-"
    A mage is a mage. A fire mage is just a mage that specializes in fire, but still has a wide repertoire. Get over it.