Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Much like the log in quote, guilds are supposed to be groups of like minded individuals. Now for many they forget this and really only care if raid times and progression match what they want. If you don't like your guilds raid policies leave, no reason to post here and be upset about it.
    The guild is awesome, then they hit us with this bomb over discord after the last raid. Leaving the guild at this stage is a lot to throw away but anyway I'll mull it over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    When you said "minus" I took that to mean they're taking away DKP.
    Then I read inside and you change your story.
    Because it is effectively minus dkp to my main if they give dkp to the mains of people who level alts and I decide not to level an alt. It amounts to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The guild is awesome, then they hit us with this bomb over discord after the last raid. Leaving the guild at this stage is a lot to throw away but anyway I'll mull it over.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is effectively minus dkp to my main if they give dkp to the mains of people who level alts and I decide not to level an alt. It amounts to the same thing.
    If you really don't like the change you don't have a choice. You phrase it as losing dkp for not having an alt. You could see it from the other side of being rewarded for doing more to help the run. Ultimately if they move forward you join in or get over it or you find a new group.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Split raiding is a very good idea in classic, but ALREADY requiring alts is a bit bullshit, the timetable is too quick for that. Should've given people at least until the end of the year, you don't really need split MC runs, you'd need an MC run + a binding run which can be done by socials/random alts in a 15-20 man run.

It's funny that a lot of new tryhard guilds overburden their members. Any good guild from the private scene usually let the MC-phase be ffa, and start to worry about requirements after, building their strong core roster and gold+consums for BWL/ZG/AQ/Naxx. People caring about MC is ridiculous, especially with Batching still in the game. Can't even 'race' MC properly because of the possiblity of pre-clearing trash, and casters cannot rank because of the RNG lottery with them lacking hit.

MC is a total shitfest, tryharding it is silly, and losing perfectly good guildmembers in this phase isn't worth it.

My guild required epic mount, engineering and a summonalt last month, the epic mount alone already rekt loads of healers, it's just so unnecessary and often pushed by 2-3 tryhard people the guild is better off without anyway.

Because it is effectively minus dkp
    No it isn't. Others get more dkp because they contribute more to the guild than you do.

That sounds absolutely fucking stupid. Try-Harding MC is indefensible. There is absolutely no reason at this stage to be anywhere that level.

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    it is not not needed because loot is scarce, it is not needed, because it really is not needed... naxx will be cleared on day 1 with everything getting 1 shotted. you dont need gear to do any pve content in vanilla.
    No, but in PvP you do, you need every edge you can get.

And the PvP gear doesn't outshine PvE gear in that arena, so yes I stand by loot split runs being the most effective in Classic. but you're locked to the limited perspective of PvE only.

Is this normal? What my guild is starting to say is that if you level an alt to level 60 you will get bonus DKP on your MAIN! Apparently what they want to do is start running raids with half alts and half mains and funnel the loot to the mains so that we gear up faster.

To me this is BS and is effectively saying that anyone who doesn't level an alt will be punished with minus dkp on their main, it amounts to the same thing. Sure, give dkp to alts but giving dkp to the main is ludicrous.

I actually hate levelling, I already went through that process and don't particularly want to do it again and now my guild wants to turn the game into a job that isn't fun. I am OK with people levelling alts as an option but rewarding the main through an alt is complete BS.
    Find a new guild. Current one is fubar, at least from your perspective. Playing in a shitty guild is shit, so just gquit or quit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basicly, you dont want to leave the guild, i guess because split raiding is great and give people more loot.

But you dont want to level a alt so you can help the rest of the guild benefit from it?

Edit: How much dkp are we talking about here anyway? is it like a big onetime amount when they get 60 with a alt, or do they get dkp worth a full MC clear, just twice (1 with main and 1 with alt)
    Last edited by Roxyfoxy; 2019-11-02 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with all things that involve guilds and personal dislikes on their rules and restrictions: if you're that annoyed about it that you need to make a forum thread to see what others think, you should find a new guild. Sooner the better.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Oh god. Your guild wants you to do split raiding in Classic???? LOOOOOL please no. This is not needed. You should definitely find a new guild.

And giving DKP to the alt wouldn't make any sense. The point is to give all the gear to the mains. The DKP on the alt would amount to nothing. They will never get gear. They would just give DKP to the mains based on what they would have earned on the alts.
    Fixed that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As with all things that involve guilds and personal dislikes on their rules and restrictions: if you're that annoyed about it that you need to make a forum thread to see what others think, you should find a new guild. Sooner the better.
    Some of the best advice I've seen on these forums.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Is this normal? What my guild is starting to say is that if you level an alt to level 60 you will get bonus DKP on your MAIN! Apparently what they want to do is start running raids with half alts and half mains and funnel the loot to the mains so that we gear up faster.

To me this is BS and is effectively saying that anyone who doesn't level an alt will be punished with minus dkp on their main, it amounts to the same thing. Sure, give dkp to alts but giving dkp to the main is ludicrous.

I actually hate levelling, I already went through that process and don't particularly want to do it again and now my guild wants to turn the game into a job that isn't fun. I am OK with people levelling alts as an option but rewarding the main through an alt is complete BS.
    Yes it's ok. Think for a minute. You explained what they are trying to do, split raids so you get more loot in less time (we are doing the same) if you are not helping that happen, why the hell should you get loot over someone who DOES help that happen?