Don't even care about Sylvanas winning the fight anymore, the What's Next panel made up for everything and more. I couldn't be more excited, can't wait for tomorrow's panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    Watched the announcement and been reading on here and reddit and feel like I know nothing about the game?

No class news, they’ve added a tower infinite dungeon and there’s a level squish? The covenant thing seems vague at best.

Enjoyed the cinematic but not sure so far about what this expansion is supposed to be.
    There were class news. Specificially, they want to dial back spec identity a bit and go back to class identity, which necessitates some class changes.

Covenants will decide your endgame quest campaign akin to how Horde/Alliance did for BfA, except you now get to choose between 4 and they aren't bound to your characters faction. Also get 2 active abilities dependent on your covenant.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There were class news. Specificially, they want to dial back spec identity a bit and go back to class identity, which necessitates some class changes.

Covenants will decide your endgame quest campaign akin to how Horde/Alliance did for BfA, except you now get to choose between 4 and they aren't bound to your characters faction. Also get 2 active abilities dependent on your covenant.
    You're not picking those abilities blind I should mention. You get those abilties during leveling for that specific zone, then at the cap you pick your Covenant and get their abilities permanently.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Towelliee reports that the Alliance and Horde still seem in the same spot as BFA. No cross faction anything.

Might just be for the demo, he also said the class changes aren't implemented yet because the demo is about Bastion, not the revamps.
    I thought he did say there were class changes. Did he mean the full changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    How do these people streaming not have any idea how basic concepts in WoW work?

Torghast boss speculation?

I got my eyes on you.. Hogger!!

Also I’m a little worried to walk into Ardenweald.. there are a lot of Clefthoof’s and Furbolgs that may remember us.

7+ Year Old Account
    if they can give me my fucking 2H frost DK again and maybe 2H shaman i can back with this nonsense expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think you remember wrong...

BfA did most certainly NOT have this sorta positivity.
    Most people complained about more than they praised it.
    Only hype bfa had was just the cinematic trailer. I didn't actually saw people that much excited either (me included)

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    read t he youtube comments, thats why my assumption was based on
    Writing-wise it is dumb, that whole fight was dumb. Out of no where Slyvanas has made a pact with death and has become uber strong. This expansion is literally copying WOD. It's lazy, look back to legion and the start of BFA, I'm getting the feeling blizzard was planning an entirely different story. Since Metzen was around when they made the BFA cinematic and he was shocked by the results of said expansion, remember the writers did BFA because they felt they could do mop "better".

Just look at the reaction between diablo iv and shadowlands, even FFXIV is throwing shade at shadowlands. This is the first time a wow cinematic hasn't got me hyped. I honestly think the wow team hasn't learned their lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the ability de-pruning and the 2 Covenant skills, i hope they add more macro slots and ability bars. As a shaman i can't even make more macros and i only have macros for 2 specs.

Sure some classes i hardly fill up the main bar, but some classes have still way too much buttons and they are still talking about adding more and giving us some back...

Hope the shaman rework won't have to wait for 10.0 this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There definitely feels like there is a chunk missing we are not seeing, though i am not sure what that something is.

Could definitely change by release though, the questing experience is everything and that might in theory be the void i am feeling.

Salty we did not get a transmog revamp announced though, would make me accept close to anything if teh collectable transmogs for my hunter quadrupled, would certianly keep me busy for a while even with nothing worhtwhile to do in the endgame.
    The thing is, how should 8.3 carry us until September? It doesn’t even have a new zone. They didn’t even mention 8.3.5, only the pre patch which is the Scourge invasion (or did I miss something?).

I mean sure I very much anticipate all the finetuning to system but... it feels like in the end it contains so little. It just reminds me a lot of WoD at this point (still I am more optimistic towards Shadowlands).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

You're not picking those abilities blind I should mention. You get those abilties during leveling for that specific zone, then at the cap you pick your Covenant and get their abilities permanently.
    At least on your first character. Once you capped, any subsequent chars can pick a covenant immediately upon entering the Shadowlands.

Stewards look suspiciously similar to Moonkin...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's odd the thread is still named 9.0 after about 5 hours later
    Should be renamed "World of Warcaft: Wrath of The Bolvar"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I thought he did say there were class changes. Did he mean the full changes?
    Guessing full changes. Because yeah some stuff is in, like Holy Power is apparently gone for Pallys. But the crazy stuff (he mentioned stuff like all Warriors having shield block) is probably held back. So you're not relearning rotations.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Don't even care about Sylvanas winning the fight anymore, the What's Next panel made up for everything and more. I couldn't be more excited, can't wait for tomorrow's panel.
    I'm mostly of the same mind, but rewatching the intro cinematic still makes me feel bitter about how it went down. It's not really even a problem that Sylvanas won, the problem is how easily she won. Even Saurfang was able to put a scratch on her, but the Lich King can't? She should've lost something.

She fights like a god-emoting roleplayer. It's so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's explicitly part of the story that everybody ends up in the Maw now. Somebody mucked things up, and Sylvanas is likely at least connected to it.
    oh right. But I thought we were talking about his she died normally, where would she end up =p

Quote Originally Posted by Falkorrr View Post
    Torghast boss speculation?

I got my eyes on you.. Hogger!!

Also I’m a little worried to walk into Ardenweald.. there are a lot of Clefthoof’s and Furbolgs that may remember us.
    Lana'thel and the San'layn

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    If they do, at least the high elf debate will finally be over.
    Considering Wildhammer dwarf will be a customization option I'm almost positive they'll do the same with high elves.

8.3.5 will likely have two or three more BFA Allied Races. I'm not sure what else it would include, though all the lovey dovey text might imply a Love is in the Air revamp?

Yeah and the ability that’s not class specific is completely pointless. Something for mobility etc. The Bastion skills sounds like a fun skill but is very unimpressive.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again