Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Considering the "Jailor" has existed "since beyond memory", which is since when the City exists, I doubt it's Ner'zhul.
    Technically he never said how old the Jailer is. Plus Ner'zhul could have killed and taken the place of the original Jailor, hence why the course of souls traveling into the Shadowlands has been disrupted and is just feeding into the Maw now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Arthas is not in the Shadowlands. When he died he went to an empty void.
    He went to the exact same place Sylvanas went to, which IS the Maw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    my guess is he was given his job or created when the titans created the shadowlands. so possibly a titan, or a titan keeper gone rogue?
    The titans did not create the Shadowlands.

The Realm exists ever since mortal life formed in the universe.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    When he was talking about The Maw, I was like, "Yep, Arthas is gonna be there."

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He went to the exact same place Sylvanas went to, which IS the Maw
    No, Sylvanas ended up in a place that is litterally called "the endless void". Nowhere in the shortstory was that place ever described as being a part of the Shadowlands.

Arthas is chilling with Cenarius obviously.

the Maw obviously the place he belongs to and from which he should never leave

7+ Year Old Account
    No, Sylvanas ended up in a place that is litterally called "the endless void". Nowhere in the shortstory was that place ever described as being a part of the Shadowlands.
    Good god.

The Shadowlands as a concept quite literally did not exist back then.

Both Sylvanas and Arthas ended up in the Maw upon their deaths with the new lore.

EVERYONE ends up in the Shadowlands.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    my guess is he was given his job or created when the titans created the shadowlands. so possibly a titan, or a titan keeper gone rogue?

true, true. we’ll have to see. still, when you reread edge of night where she went sounds awfully like the void.

I think when demons die in a place with a lot of fel energy their souls are destroyed, similar to when elementals are killed in the elemental plane.

you know who I wanna see? garithos. he’s such a minor character, but also a total bastard.
    yeah but their souls have to go some where right? not sure of the if their is a lore reason. like we destroyed argus so the legion cant resurrect any more. so the ones we kill now are perma dead?? and ragnaros died inside the firelands which means perma death if I am correct.
    surely he would go to the shadowlands???
    im excited to see it if that is the case.

I wonder if Vindicaar is there...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I think the maw is where sylvanas went when she jumped off icecrown and the val'kyr saved her, and arthas soul was there too, so theres a chance hes in the maw
    This is definitely the most likely scenario, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Guys duh. He's jailed in a raid. We'll free his soul from his torment there and have him aid us smack Sylvanas for a second time. We will 100% have those 2 meet.
    "Glad you could make it, Sylvanas."

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Good god.

The Shadowlands as a concept quite literally did not exist back then.

Both Sylvanas and Arthas ended up in the Maw upon their deaths with the new lore.

EVERYONE ends up in the Shadowlands.
    Good god. What a load of horseshit.

If you have proof then prove it. Cite any source that states that Arthas was sent to the Maw.

I know that you won't be able to find any because no such thing exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    From the sound of Sylvanas's short story the Maw is the likeliest option for Arthas's location. It's funny though, he was bad because Frostmourne and Lich King corrupted him, while Kael was bad of his own volition. Yet he gets a chance for atonement in Revendreth, while Arthas gets the ultimate punishment, where there's no return.
    you could say that kael that we killed outland did everything he did desperately to save his people, and the kael we killed in queldanas was just a reaminated body without the soul of kael.

if you only take the outland kael if I see it with redemption possibilities
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2019-11-02 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you could say that kael that we killed outlandly did everything he did desperately to save his people, and the kael we killed in queldanas was just a reaminated body without the soul of kael.

There is no basis for saying that he didn't have his soul. It's clear in his story that he lusted for power more so than anything else.

Good god. What a load of horseshit.

If you have proof then prove it. Cite any source that states that Arthas was sent to the Maw.

I know that you won't be able to find any because no such thing exists.
    There's no proof of anything because the concepts introduced literally happened today. This universe isn't real - it's a work of fiction. And it's very prone to retcons.

It's pretty likely that Arthas is in the Maw based on the description of said Maw as the shadowy place the worst people go. That's all we know.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Ion... we're going to the Shadowlands.

You think he's gonna be in the Maw? Or is he one of those that will redeem themselves in the same zone that Kael'thas is in?
    Weren't you just complaining about Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    There's no proof of anything because the concepts introduced literally happened today. This universe isn't real - it's a work of fiction. And it's very prone to retcons.

It's pretty likely that Arthas is in the Maw based on the description of said Maw as the shadowy place the worst people go. That's all we know.
    Sure, that I can agree with. Everything is up to what Blizzard deems fine.

However Ion also said during the panel "it's not arthas, arthas is dead" when people shouted arthas. This would kind of imply that Arthas is dead dead and not the normal kind of dead. But as you said if Blizzard wants to bring him back there's not really anything stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    There is no basis for saying that he didn't have his soul. It's clear in his story that he lusted for power more so than anything else.
    It is an assumption.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    "Glad you could make it, Sylvanas."
    "Watch your tone with me, boy king."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you could say that kael that we killed outland did everything he did desperately to save his people, and the kael we killed in queldanas was just a reaminated body without the soul of kael.

Kael knew about the Legion and how dangerous they were. They were the reason why his Kingdom was destroyed. Imo he did this because of his own addiction. That's why TBC ruined his character while wc3 didn't ruin Arthas when he picked Frostmourne.