If the Shadowlands have existed before the Titans...

Why do they look just as humanoid as the Kyrian?
    Did the Kyrians exist before the Titans?
    I always assumed all humanoid looking races, like Vrykul and therefore humans look like that cause Titans modelled Vrykul after their image.

Who even went to the Shadowlands to be judged before the Titans were there? Were there any other creatures around? How did the races in the Shadowlands get to the Shadowlands? Were the Kyrians created there? Did they travel there? Are they dead? Are they undead?

Why do I have the feeling none of these questions will ever be answered?

The only thing they really confirmed existed before the titans was that city and the jailor and.. boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Naaru predate the Titans as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you make a new thread for every thought that pops into your head instead of posting in the main 9.0 thread?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrians are val'Kyrs. They are the native inhabitants of the Shadowlands and basically are the those who are under Helya's safekeeping. Think of Shadowlands as Limbo or Hell where there are citizens as all living things die.

Remember that Cenarius and ancients die too so it might be possible that Ysondre could be in Shadowlands too and in the fae inhabited area of Shadowlands.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. The Great Dark Beyond has existed for likely billions of years. Why wouldn't arcane entities be born before flesh ones? Who knows? Guess it doesn't serve the plot to have things make sense.

And yes, Light and Void were first. They predate the Great Dark Beyond itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There are creatures which are not born of the Titans - presumably, those went to the Shadowlands prior to the Titans.

And it has never been said that all humanoid races were born of the Titans. In fact, the Orcs were not, nor were the Ogres. Though the Titans arrived on Draenor, they did not set up or attempt to influence the life there in any way.
    Actually, those were explicitly the result of Aggramar meddling with Draenor.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Why do they look just as humanoid as the Kyrian?
    Did the Kyrians exist before the Titans?
    I always assumed all humanoid looking races, like Vrykul and therefore humans look like that cause Titans modelled Vrykul after their image.

Who even went to the Shadowlands to be judged before the Titans were there? Were there any other creatures around? How did the races in the Shadowlands get to the Shadowlands? Were the Kyrians created there? Did they travel there? Are they dead? Are they undead?

Why do I get the feeling that you expect all possible questions to a story be answered for you UP FRONT before even starting it, instead of accepting that some of those questions might GASP be PART OF THE GOD DAMN STORY?

Your complaint here is like reading the first two pages of a book, then saying it's stupid because it didn't tell you the ending already.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Kyrians are val'Kyrs. They are the native inhabitants of the Shadowlands and basically are the those who are under Helya's safekeeping. Think of Shadowlands as Limbo or Hell where there are citizens as all living things die.
    The Shadowlands are explicitly the afterlife for everyone. Heaven, hell, limbo, the whole shebang. Kyrians may be what Val'kyr where created to resemble, but they aren't val'kyr, they predate them.

Cenarius explicitly went to Ardenweald when he died in WC3, so that has some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Shadowlands are explicitly the afterlife for everyone. Heaven, hell, limbo, the whole shebang. Kyrians may be what Val'kyr where created to resemble, but they aren't val'kyr, they predate them.

Cenarius explicitly went to Ardenweald when he died in WC3, so that has some merit.
    not for demons though.

Maybe this is a hint to Azeroth even before the Old Gods arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    not for demons though.
    Depends on whether or not they have an afterlife. Obviously, they don't go there if not killed in a Fel-infused place because they just respawn in the mortal realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There are creatures which are not born of the Titans - presumably, those went to the Shadowlands prior to the Titans.

And it has never been said that all humanoid races were born of the Titans. In fact, the Orcs were not, nor were the Ogres. Though the Titans arrived on Draenor, they did not set up or attempt to influence the life there in any way.
    Orcs and Ogres are literally descended from Titan creations. This is explained at length in the Chronicle.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    not for demons though.
    Yes they go to the twisting nether but I guess Shadowlands could be interplanar or transdimensional.

It might be a crossrealm between Nyalotha, demon world's dead zone, and mortal realm's Shadowlands and even Nyalotha.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

And yet, they were referred to as the ancestors of the Val'kyr numerous times, despite the Val'kyr having been made by Odyn.

Also Cenarius leading us makes zero damn sense, considering, you know, Cenarius is alive. Unless he's also dead. Schrodinger's Cenarius.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Why do you make a new thread for every thought that pops into your head instead of posting in the main 9.0 thread?

To get more attention.

You think I'm gonna make a post in one huge thread that will be drowned in a cascade of other posts?

I deserve more.

I already got more responses here than I would've gotten in any other thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post

Remember that Cenarius and ancients die too so it might be possible that Ysondre could be in Shadowlands too and in the fae inhabited area of Shadowlands.
    If they were Val'kyrs, they wouldn't have a different name. Val'kyrs are Vrykul Shieldmaiden.