Thread: Diablo 4 is d3

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Diablo 4 is d3

It looks like a re-skin with a new name and shading turned on.

To the people saying "no rainbows" you actually do not know if there is a rainbow level as it was hidden in D3 as well. Also the lack of this level doesn't make the game great.

D3 would have been fine if it had taken the D2 talent system and a few other things. However D4 (rumor so far) looks like they took the talent tree and other things about D2 (I hope paragon is no more) and applied it to D3.

I don't see a "new game" I see D3 "done right".

That brings me to my final point. If this is D3 remade why in the hell is it taking so long to get back out. I mean they said they stopped development on D3 after ROS.
    Last edited by Reallyblizz; 2019-11-02 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Idiots Cannot Understand

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Same graphics, same everything with skills and classes mirrored to D2 so far. Well they covered up the sorc so she doesn't show skin in d4. So this is basically a relaunch of d3?
    So you made a new account just to share this wonderful insight with us?

Same graphics? You must be blind...

well hopefully it isn't always online like D3 was on PC.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Agree it looks like D3. Same outdated graphics, 6 action buttons (lol) with cooldowns, designed for consoles as well, so probably dumbed down like D3.

Disappointing. Curious to see how itemization will be done.

It looks like D3 with better environment graphics.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Same graphics? You must be blind...
    Indeed, the D4 graphics look much more high res, albeit also lower bit depth (smaller colour pallet), oh well can't have it all lol.

that's true, adding bump mapping doesn't make it a Diablo 4, but MMO-aspect kinda does
    i think Diablo 4 is a legit WoW killer

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, the game looks like its in very early alpha and will look 100% better than what was shown visually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Agree it looks like D3. Same outdated graphics, 6 action buttons (lol) with cooldowns, designed for consoles as well, so probably dumbed down like D3.

Disappointing. Curious to see how itemization will be done.
    Well, its kinda too early to guess - graphics will likely be updated, since its not even alpha, just very early stage. But for some reason even I, Diablo fan, dont feel the hype :\ hopefully things will get better in the future

well yeah, you think they just threw away all the work they did on the unreleased D3 expansion? repurposed into D4 aka D3.5

The Talent trees and rune words alone make it quite different....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot take but the little they showed did like it was just a D3 xpac.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Tbh, the game looks like its in very early alpha and will look 100% better than what was shown visually.
    Diablo 3 managed to look worse at launch than it did at announcement so I see no reason to assume this.

it looks more like a d2 remaster with 6 buttons than d3.

what are you even seeing? have you seen d2? the darkness, the subtlety, the gore, the gothic artstyle, all of it is d2.

and as far as actual graphical quality, d3 didnt fit the diablo look, but graphically it WAS impressive at launch, it wasnt nearly as impressive when it was announced and we were shown snippets, it improved drastically.

and then the skills and talent trees are a FAR CRY from the simple skill/rune system of diablo 3, MUCH closer to d2.

im seriously wondering what you even watched lol. im watching the demo livestream now and have seen 20 or so minutes of all 3 classes in the open world, first of all this does have serious mmo aspects and you can run into an alcove in the open world with a scaling world boss that allows up to 100 characters to participate, that is insane and unheard of in diablo. its much less instanced than diablo 3 but dungeons are instanced for solo play or for party play.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    that's true, adding bump mapping doesn't make it a Diablo 4, but MMO-aspect kinda does
    i think Diablo 4 is a legit WoW killer
    Lol it's all coming back again...d3 announcement next wow killer. You sheeple amuse me.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Diablo 3 managed to look worse at launch than it did at announcement so I see no reason to assume this.
    No wonder you can't tell the difference, you only got one eye.

D3 improved immensely from that first reveal of the combat to launch. This game is probably 2 years off and I would guess an alpha build. Lots of time to add more effects, smooth animations, and add more.

This thread reeks of the BL3 looks just like BL2 despite the generational leaps in lighting, textures, and particle effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Lol it's all coming back again...d3 announcement next wow killer. You sheeple amuse me.
    Don't recall that. And it will hardly be an MMO like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    No wonder you can't tell the difference, you only got one eye.

D3 improved immensely from that first reveal of the combat to launch. This game is probably 2 years off and I would guess an alpha build. Lots of time to add more effects, smooth animations, and add more.

This thread reeks of the BL3 looks just like BL2 despite the generational leaps in lighting, textures, and particle effects.
    I actually really like Diablo 3, I think it's a fine game. Especially after the expansion. But it looked like much more of a dark, authentic Diablo game when it was first revealed in 2008 than it did at launch in 2012 where it lacked the grit of D2. It is just an objective fact that the end product was brighter and had less contrast than the announcement alpha. D4 has this grit but unfortunately the graphics seem to be only marginally better in most areas besides updated model and environmental textures and better use of lighting.

I think it will be criticized on launch for being too similar to D3 but again, I liked D3 so I'm sure I will like this game if it isn't a rushed piece of crap made in a panic.

D4=PoE (easy mode)

Was hoping for a sequel to D2, instead it looks like we get a D3 remake. Not hyped at all.