Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the initial reveal during the opening ceremony was abit meh unhappy with the cinematic. art was gorgeous though that's more my inner fan boy dying a little.

seeing a few more details...…. my hype is rising. still want to see a few mmore details first. but its looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    So far im happy ith the xpack, not hyped tho. No new class or race, plus this talking of focusing on class instead of spec sounds like utterly bullshit of useless ability bloat.

Like, really, why the hell would i want fireball/fireblast/arcane explosion as a frost mage? Just to fill the bars?

Character customization really sounds great....but unless i missread it, didnt Ion said "for the original races, wich mean, everything bc+ wont be geting any of those so soon?

Anyway, cant wait for tomorrow and see how will be this un-pruning.

P.S: if the focus is on "classes", does it mean the hibrid tax will be back and ret will be once more LOL RETS?
    Fireball can be used to dot the target and stop it from stealthing, fire blast can be used to keep people in combat and arcane explosion is bliss for low level content and for finishing people or breaking out of stealth. Arcane missiles can also be used to hit people when they’re about to run LOS.

Having abilities like this opens up outplay potential, at least in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't jump to conclusions until I see more about classes and Torghast.

Torghast is the X-factor content it seems. They always have this X-factor content, Legion was Mage Tower and M+. BFA was awful Islands, warfronts were just an abomination, they don't count as anything.

If Torghast is nailed, I can see this being good. It's basically 5 man flex, so you can go in with 2-4. This is what this game needs right now. Content a few friends can do that isn't timed and MDI and meta AF broooooo. Yeah, keeping my eye on Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Can't jump to conclusions until I see more about classes and Torghast.

Torghast is the X-factor content it seems. They always have this X-factor content, Legion was Mage Tower and M+. BFA was awful Islands, warfronts were just an abomination, they don't count as anything.

If Torghast is nailed, I can see this being good. It's basically 5 man flex, so you can go in with 2-4. This is what this game needs right now. Content a few friends can do that isn't timed and MDI and meta AF broooooo. Yeah, keeping my eye on Torghast.
    Id need to get my hands on Torghast to judge it. Islands looked fun until you did a few and realized it was mindless grind with little to none of the rewards they promised.

Really Legion would have been WQs and M+. Mage tower didnt come along until mid-late xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Can you describe what's amazing about the expansion for those of us who've not watched the panel?
    For one sounds like all the pruned abilities are coming back. Plus no more of this Destro, Aff, Demo stuff you are a Warlock, with all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    I'm SO excited. The customization options sold me on it 100000% I can't wait to see what they have cooked up for the rest of the races!
    This here is the mindset of the retail player now days, It's all about the cosmetics, who cares about gameplay and systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    They basically decided to finally implement all the changes that shoulda' been in patches ago this xpac. Which means WoW will finally be a modernized, non-rng filled mess for the first time since Legion.
    If you didn't play legion you really shouldn't comment about it. I'm in two minds about the player progression. Of course no one has seen it yet but I want a system where it doesn't take long to increase your power noticeably, say like a week each level, but not something where you can grind it super hard and be way ahead of everyone else. I'm talking for the actual player base here, not mythic raiding heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ataegina View Post
    That aside, it does sound like a huge improvement over BFA, but that's only because it would be extremely difficult to come up with something that's worse.
    Ah yeah well, they already came up with something worse before, legion. Ion basically apologized for legion mistakes on stage.
    - Random leggos
    - Inifinite AP grind, spec specific
    - Extremely alt unfriendly (well, on top of leggos, you also had to pump that AP knowledge manually on each alt, and get 3 more sockets to weapon)

3/10 on hype level

more excited to try diablo 4 tbh.

Seems like they took a lot of devs off of wow to go help make diablo 4. Wow reveal looked very feature lite.

It sounds like the perfect expansion, can't wait.

People wanted leveling overhauled and we're getting that, which is always a plus. Sylvanas front and center amidst the baddies which puts her at near guaranteed to finally die, all well and good. I like the new player race customizations we're getting a lot and hope they come to my night elf, nightborne (SLANT. EYES. NOW.), and other major alts. The various afterlife factions seem to encourage having multiple alts like Legion, which will help keep me occupied.

Looks alright, just gotta wait and see, or complain months before the PTR is even up that everything is ruined forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Not yet my deary <3 but we will see. I think hardly they will give one. They have new customization for existent races tho, i liked that i always wanted it
    I saw that, I think at this point no new class is a foregone conclusion. More customization options is sweet, as it looks like we'll get Wildhammer Dwarves and bone-in Undead, but they should at least do class re-skins too if we're not getting a new class.

The cinematic for the expansion is well on its way to becoming the most poorly recieved cinematic they ever made for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?
    Yeah in terms of cosmetics it looks quite nice and I wanna see who we will meet there.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    People wanted leveling overhauled and we're getting that, which is always a plus. Sylvanas front and center amidst the baddies which puts her at near guaranteed to finally die, all well and good. I like the new player race customizations we're getting a lot and hope they come to my night elf, nightborne (SLANT. EYES. NOW.), and other major alts. The various afterlife factions seem to encourage having multiple alts like Legion, which will help keep me occupied.

Looks alright, just gotta wait and see, or complain months before the PTR is even up that everything is ruined forever.
    My only complain is that i have to wait until 2020 to stop playing annoying bfa. lol I want this now tbh, i disliked bfa since the beginning, i tried enjoying it but everytime i felt it wasn't my type of expansion content and i feel to this day, now shadowlands, we are talking about.

Erm... negativity would be hating on it for no reason. What there isn't is excitement. Cause no new class or exciting feature was announced. It's just more of the same (we might fix the issues this time).

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?

Idk mate, it looks really really good.. what if it is actually just a grand scheme scam to take ur money cuz of this,that,blah blah details? I'll wait it out for a bit tbh...

Lot of the negativity was directed at the cinematic, which was an asspull in terms of storytelling.

Gameplay-wise, Shadowlands seems pretty solid thus far. Addresses a lot of the issues faced in Legion while adding things players have actually been asking for

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    They removed Titanforging and RNG Weekly Chests and suddenly people think that all an AddOn needs to be successfull.
    So you would prefer a new grind, a new class, a new continent with the continuation of the RNG? That's called BfA. The public has resoundingly said no. It doesn't matter if you actually liked BfA, you are objectively wrong to like it.

If the expansion releases and all it does is make the game fun again through things like making Alts easy to level, making classes fun again and providing an easy to understand way to provide character progression then this expansion would be the best one since WotLK.

Also, where are all those people who were adamant that tinkers would be a thing.

WHERE ARE YOU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    This here is the mindset of the retail player now days, It's all about the cosmetics, who cares about gameplay and systems.
    This here is the mindset of someone who has no joy in their life and needs to crap on other people without asking their full view on something.
    I'm just as concerned about the gameplay and systems AND I'm still STOKED AF about something I have been wanting for YEARS.
    So from one retail/classic player to you... shove off.