Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't even the same kind of fight.. but sure another thing to whine about.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    They turned Bolvar the LK into a pathetic loser, while Sylvanas wasn't even remotely in the same league as Arthas... They could have done the same story without making Bolvar look helpless, it doesn't make sense.
    Bolvar was barely alive when he became Lich King, spending his last weeks as a prisoner and constantly tortured. We can clearly see the state he's in after the helmet goes off. Meanwhile, Arthas was in peak physical condition, wielding Frostmourne for months and having constantly fought during that time. So that's major difference in physical ability in addition to wielding a powerful soul stealing sword.

In addition to that, Sylvanas wasn't empowered by her mysterious new ally back during WotLK and even then, she was powerful enough to stop Arthas deadly advance back in 5 man dungeon - same as Jaina on the Alliance side. She has only become stronger over the years, whereas Bolvar never really did anything directly related to combat during his reign as Lich King.

But yeah, sure, "it doesn't make sense".

Others have talked about the new power level of Sylvanas already. And how Bolvar isn't Arthas' level. The situation with her and Arthas back in Wrath have been reversed. Back then, Arthas was greatly empowered by the many souls inside Frostmourne. Now, Sylvanas is the one empowered by the tons of souls fed into the maw.

There's also another factor. The fight with Saurfang was one he goaded her into. It wasn't something she had planned for. Saurfang did plan for it. Knew exactly what words would disable her calculating mind for a more emotional state. Then pulled off an unexpected move with a foreign weapon. Also Sylvanas was just taking her time with him, to make him suffer and tear down people's hope. As she showed at the end, she could have killed him in half a second, using her actual power.

The Lich King fight wasn't like that. Sylvanas planned that way in advance and played that like a game of chess, firing those imbued shadow-chain arrows exactly where she needed them. Her tactics were superior.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-11-02 at 02:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    that would be terrible writing. you show villains curb stomping fan favorites to make fans savor the day they will eventually kill the villain. if the villain was always getting their butt kicked, fighting the villain feels anticlimactic.

the day the players kill sylvanas will feel like the most epic fight ever because of cinematics like this.
    They're not going to let us kill Sylvanas she's going to die in a cinematic like Garrosh. I hope it's Anduin who does it, these forums will explode and it will be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    I know it’s completely rediculous.
    It’s just making fun of the character of Bolvar.
    If they really wanted to make Sylvanas win, they could have atleast it be an even fight where they both got hurt alot.
    But no, Sylvanas just solod Lich King AND his army. Makes zero sense.
    It makes a lot of sense if you know anything about FF14. Even the splitting of the sky is a direct rip off from Shadowbringers....oh wait that name sounds familiar. Oh wait an Ice Tower that got Ret conned to divide the worlds...no no I mean a Crystal Tower that was used to pull the warrior of light to Norvandt....

oh wait Blizzard devs said dungeons that had random combinations would never happen....oh wait Tower of the Damned no no no I mean Tower of the Dead.

I do not know why they keep paying fan service to Sylvannas. She should never have made it out of BFA but they were so concerned with Garrosh 2.0 memes that they turned her into a literal death god that can basically nuke the Lich King like she is farming ICC for Invincible.

Has Sylvanas become the enemy we need to unite against this time?

If not are we(the players) really needed?, looks like she can solo the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I have hated Sylvanas since the beginning of wow. She consumes all undead/blood elf lore and a lot of the horde lore. It was really obvious that she would grow into some OP character that's just everywhere like cancer.

Sylvanas is the coalescence of blizzards current shitty writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    The crying fuels my hype even more. I love it. He only got a hit on her so the fanbros can calm themselves with the rage.
    She's going to die and I can't wait for it to happen. Thank you for reigniting my hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    The crying fuels my hype even more. I love it. He only got a hit on her so the fanbros can calm themselves with the rage.
    What is up with the childish behaviour anymore? The "lol salt I love it!" crowd. I don't get it, why do you get your jollies from it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    And this is why I have hated Sylvanas since the beginning of wow. She consumes all undead/blood elf lore and a lot of the horde lore. It was really obvious that she would grow into some OP character that's just everywhere like cancer.

Sylvanas is the coalescence of blizzards current shitty writing.
    I couldn't agree more and her arch ended in Wrath. She killed herself and should have stayed dead. It's just bad writing but there are a lot of Sylvanas fans that just like her a lot for some reason? Maybe it's some sort of vicarious feminism thing. I have zero idea, I don't get the appeal. It's just all around bad writing and it's now sucking all the energy in the room like a Lore blackhole. Seeing Bolvar as the Lich King could have been so amazing too. I am very disappointed all around.

If they really wanted to make Sylvanas win, they could have atleast it be an even fight where they both got hurt alot.
    Ohh stop your bitching, Bolvar was never even close to the level of Arthas.
    Arthas also had Frostmourne while Bolvar has some no name basic mace.

They even stated that the reason why she got so powerful is because of whoever she's in league with over in the Shadowlands.
    Death empowers her.

Anyone who thought the cinematic was bad needs to get a reality check, I think people are just tired of Sylvanas but she's factually one of the best written characters they ever made so it would be a shame to not use her further. I'd take Sylvanas over Thrall any day.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrihard View Post
    Ohh stop your bitching, Bolvar was never even close to the level of Arthas.
    Arthas also had Frostmourne while Bolvar has some no name basic mace.

They even stated that the reason why she got so powerful is because of whoever she's in league with over in the Shadowlands.
    Death empowers her.

Anyone who thought the cinematic was bad needs to get a reality check, I think people are just tired of Sylvanas but she's factually one of the best written characters they ever made so it would be a shame to not use her further. I'd take Sylvanas over Thrall any day.
    Bolvar is the JAILOR OF THE DAMNED, we are now struggling to contain the scourge threat in the prepatch for Shadowlands yet Sylvanas can solo her way up ICC and through hundreds if not thousands of them to reach him. The Helm of Domination is extremely powerful and ontop of that, Bolvar is infused with the flame from the dragon of life (Alexstrasza). (As stated by Ion himself)

The cinematic is bad, it's contrived and such an asspull. I am tired of Sylvanas but I would have accepted it if it was a tooth and nail kind of fight. He didn't even hit her once with his mace, not even a scratch, I think you are the one who needs a reality check my dude. She's just a Mary Sue at this point and it's extremely hard to argue that. I don't know if you're trolling but I truly hope so.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    Because Blizzard says so, to them Sylvanas is the last good baddie, she has plot armor, convenience powers and now she can over take the mere being that created her and break a mythical enchanted helm with her bare hands.
    GG
    She was carryinf BotBE. We have no clue if somehow vestige and power of N'Zoth resides in it or a portion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Bolvar is the JAILOR OF THE DAMNED, we are now struggling to contain the scourge threat in the prepatch for Shadowlands yet Sylvanas can solo her way up ICC and through hundreds if not thousands of them to reach him. The Helm of Domination is extremely powerful and ontop of that, Bolvar is infused with the flame from the dragon of life (Alexstrasza). (As stated by Ion himself)

The cinematic is bad, it's contrived and such an asspull. I am tired of Sylvanas but I would have accepted it if it was a tooth and nail kind of fight. He didn't even hit her once with his mace, not even a scratch, I think you are the one who needs a reality check my dude. She's just a Mary Sue at this point and it's extremely hard to argue that. I don't know if you're trolling but I truly hope so.
    The cinematic was amazing, people are salty because Bolvar stood no chance against her, I think people really underestimate her current power level which is why people are bitching and moaning about him not being able to touch her.

Again, I'd take Sylvanas any day over any other character that've seen the spotlight lately. Should they give Alleria the spotlight eventually, then maybe it would make it cool, but as it stands, Anduin, Thrall, Jaina, Baine, Tyrande especially, and so many other main characters are just completely bland and uninteresting.

This is her expansions and I'm sure she won't be the focus of the next, so people need to just accept it, just like we have to accept that there's no new class this time around.

Stop being a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    women bad!
    Funny how that's all you took from his comment. If Sylvanas was a guy, you would be the first one complaining about how OP they made her/him. But since she's a woman, can't say a bad thing about her. That's this famous equality at work, isn't it?
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

It makes zero sense if you're just willfully ignoring the very clear and even author-acknowledged effort they've made to show she's been gaining suspicious amounts of power, sure. So, like, if you're ignoring the story on its own terms the thing about the story you don't like, doesn't make sense. Correct.

-Saurfang nicked her face by pissing her off and making her lose focus while she was toying with him for the sake of appearances. He damaged her ever so slightly with Anduin's blade.
    -Bolvar threw some decent punches. Including landing one large rock which appears not to have affected her at all.
    -Sylvanas has gained strength between the confrontations of Saurfang and Bolvar.

Sylvanas is right about one thing. We are all nothing at this point. I guess we need some of that anime or enema or whatever that death essence is that she and the Arbiter are stealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    do you guys even do Lore?... what is Bolvar supposed to do? you guys think just because Bolvar is the Lich King he must be somewhat close to Arthas ... but everyone seems to forget that the entire Power of Arthas back then came from Frostmourne which is no more...so what should Bolvar do against a amped up Sylvanas while he is basically a somewhat moving Corpse with a torn up body which just functions because of the breath of the Dragon
    pretty sure bolvar has some crazy powers, he did some kind of magic and thru those big ice boulders across the room and also im pretty sure his mace has some powers too from what it was doin...they definitely overdid it with the power that they gave sylvanas, she is literally fearless and toys with anything in her path...shouldnt be that easy for her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post

This is a little bit ridiculous. Literally an Orcish warrior did more damage to Sylvanas than the Lich King himself.

I really don't understand why Slvanas is ridiculously overpowered.
    THIS GUY did more damage to her than both of them combined:

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    What is up with the childish behaviour anymore? The "lol salt I love it!" crowd. I don't get it, why do you get your jollies from it?
    Their reaction makes sense to me; I mean, what do you expect people that glom on to the emo, big-tittied undead elf chick to act like?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Their reaction makes sense to me; I mean, what do you expect people that glom on to the emo, big-tittied undead elf chick to act like?
    I object to this statement, sir.

Sylvanas' titties are perfectly average-sized.

How dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Its ridiculous how easy she won the fight .
    Seems like they went to the heart of the matter way too quickly.
    I guess because of bad writing and making a cinematic is very expensive.
    I was so hyped for the cinematic initially but was disappointed overall.