Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    How will Shadowlands end? To me, this is SCREAMING an Arthas comeback, with a final battle of Arthas vs Sylvanas. Arthas beats her and has a line somewhere he tells her that she is unfit to be x. I don't think the sass she threw at Bolvar was a throwaway line...I think its a setup to a payoff.
    I mean, we've been here before with guldan.

There will be a raid where we fight sylvanas and defeat her, then onto the next big bad being death or whatever they're calling it which will eventually end up being linked to the only remaining big bad after that, the void lords.

And that's basically what the expansion after shadow lands will be like. Except it will be a shitty filler expansion that's mostly used as a build up for the next good expansion and so on.

Do people seriously still fall for blizzard's bullshit repackaged fresh coat of paint every year?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’m honestly unsure what the next WoW expansion could even be after Shadowlands. O_o... Wotlk 2.0 emergency button has been pressed. BC 2.0 emergency button. Fan service is now in full effect. I guess... Old God expansion or Void Lords?
    Should have a chill vacation expansion where you're not obligated to do shit and nothing actually matters. People will go ape shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @KrakHed 's suggestion makes a lot of sense and ties with earlier foreshadowing, as does the reference to the third death - N'zoth's appearance was not actually 'their coming'.
    Oh yes, Il'gynoth even used plural with that. The third death hasn't happened yet, there's been no wink at the camera about that.

If Blizz pulled a trick like that, I'd be impressed at least just a little bit. N'zoth actually has "wins through losing" as a character trait, and he told us that an event that happened after his death would happen. His minions predicted certain preconditions for his true victory that have yet to happen.

The more I think about it, the more this seems like a perfect ending. To see all the Old Gods and the damned escape the prison, finally all free. Together.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I mean, we've been here before with guldan.

There will be a raid where we fight sylvanas and defeat her, then onto the next big bad being death or whatever they're calling it which will eventually end up being linked to the only remaining big bad after that, the void lords.

And that's basically what the expansion after shadow lands will be like. Except it will be a shitty filler expansion that's mostly used as a build up for the next good expansion and so on.

Do people seriously still fall for blizzard's bullshit repackaged fresh coat of paint every year?
    Well, despite the shoddy game systems, BfA at least had production quality, even if the story had no basis until now.

That being said, allowing yourself to buy into warmode and pvp made / makes things entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Oh yes, Il'gynoth even used plural with that. The third death hasn't happened yet, there's been no wink at the camera about that.

If Blizz pulled a trick like that, I'd be impressed at least just a little bit. N'zoth actually has "wins through losing" as a character trait, and he told us that an event that happened after his death would happen. His minions predicted certain preconditions for his true victory that have yet to happen.

The more I think about it, the more this seems like a perfect ending. To see all the Old Gods and the damned escape the prison, finally all free. Together.
    It would tie together fairly neatly, both explaining why N'zoth gets taken out so soon and why Sylvanas also waited out for him to go to Hell before she went for Bolvar, given the anima that an old god would produce when it got sent to the Maw. It would also gel with Alleria's whispers not stopping and with the wink wink, nudge nudge that is Magni telling you not to listen to Il'gynoth.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Sylvanas will have a last moment "it was my plan all along to usurp you" and help kill the death god, and become the new ruler of the Shadowlands as the death goddess. Turns out she was a good guy all along and she was just terribly misunderstood.

We get into an overdrawn questline inside the Maw, where Nathanos leads the charge in. He confronts Sylvanas on a grassy hill (yes, one will now exist in the hellscape of the Maw). After Sylvanas starts kicking his ass, tearing apart pieces of his gear and yelling at him - Nathanos will put her in some sort of trap, to which she roars at him with "You made me what I am". Nathanos will resolutely reply "No, you chose your own destiny" and then shoot her in the face with a thunderfury, blessed blade of the windseeker.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It would tie together fairly neatly, both explaining why N'zoth gets taken out so soon and why Sylvanas also waited out for him to go to Hell before she went for Bolvar, given the anima that an old god would produce when it got sent to the Maw. It would also gel with Alleria's whispers not stopping and with the wink wink, nudge nudge that is Magni telling you not to listen to Il'gynoth.
    Yeah, Il'gynoth's latest are clearly telling us details about the next expansion. At least part way. Hrm
    N'Zoth whispers: The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.
    Il'gynoth: The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
    How likely do we think Calia is going to play a major role in the patch content of this shit? The Naaru might be supporting the Jailer in some way.

3+ Year Old Account
    2022’s expansion will just be the Stranglethorn Fishing Tournament writ large, and I’m down for it. No more world-ending threats, just fine, fine fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Yeah, Il'gynoth's latest are clearly telling us details about the next expansion. At least part way. Hrm
    How likely do we think Calia is going to play a major role in the patch content of this shit? The Naaru might be supporting the Jailer in some way.
    I'm still not going to dare hope when it comes to Calia, but I am interested to see how (if at all) they gel the existing afterlives with the new ones. Since it's flat out said that there are tons of different realms in the Shadowlands and the Covenant ones we get to go to are only a few. Which is both ideal for patch content and leaves room to maintain the respective Light/Void afterlives, plus things like Bwon's Realm and the Valar/Helarjar.

The naaru helping the Jailor if he's also jailing the souls of the Old Gods would actually make a fuck lot of sense as well and explain what the Light making a bargain is, since they'd be tilting the balance in both their favor and in that of death at the expense of their main competitor.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands will end with The Jailer Defeated, Sylvanas trapped in the Maw, The souls are freed, Old Gods souls are released and them return to life ushering the coming of The Void Lords in 10.0.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Either Sylvanas will be the Garrosh and Gul'dan of Shadowlands, leading us to the new area only to be killed fairly early on in order to move on to other things...

...Or they'll keep her around until she has her redemption arc because there must always be a Death Mama in the Maw.

Honestly it could go either way.
    Either is a fitting conclusion to her as of now bitch personality character.

Reforge the Helm of Domination and put it on a redeemed Arthas' head to close the big hole in the sky over Icecrown where Arthas sits again on the Frozen Throne to be the veil.

Watch.

Ok, I think in this expansion we are going to learn about the cosmic conflict between all primordial forces (that's why they showed the pic from chronicles in the wow panel), we will also learn that all forces except for void and light dont want or actively seek the total destruction of all the others and every primordial force is equal in power meaning that they fight but dont really win or lose they just come to a tie, but now light has allied with death changing the balance and risking all of creation (like "the balance" in Diablo, there cant be one without the other and if one side wins and destroy the other primordial forces everything dies). In the end we will fight light and death so we can restore the balance of existence.
    I also think we will learn more about Elune, maybe she is the big boss of light or some sort of neutral force because it's a mix between shadow and light.
    Sylvanas wants to free us from the cosmic conflict by ending it because of reasons.

We defeat the Death God and save the Universe for a bit. After that, we face off against the Void Lords in 10.0 due to something that happened during 9.0 (Maybe a rift in space? Idfk)...

And then, we're done.

Bolvar's gunna strike back big time and be the big hero of this expansion. It's the least they can do for utterly embarrassing him during the opening cinematic.

I'd rather that Blizzard stop spitting upon their own stories and leave Arthas to rest. Maybe a short cameo (as in the Jaina cinematic in BFA), but no comeback please.

With the help from Bolvar, Arthas, and from the souls of Deathwing, N'zoth, Argus, Saurfang, Ragnaros, Kil'jaeden etc. We'll somehow be strong enough to face Sylvanas and her mysterious Master but barely. At the end cutscene, Azshara comes in and saves her for the next expansion which would most likely be Void themed with Locust Walker getting involved.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Sylvanas will be redeemed as her plan all along is to use the power of the shadowlands to defeat the void lords.

Lich Queen becomes Kerrigan, because she sells t-shirts and body pillows, while letting Blizz pander to Goldenesque political babble about strong women and toxic masculinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/