Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

All the progress and 13+years goes down the toilet

Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?

I’m excited for the squish.
    change can't wait.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is ridiculous, dude.

I've played since literally beta, so way longer than you, and I think the level squish is great. It's absolutely not a "slap in the face". It's a necessary reduction, and completely sensible. If you're really concerned about it, I think you need to take a long, hard look at why some numbers are concerning you so very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Because, this expansion is the same old shit, only trying to be a little more like Classic.

I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?

It's just a random number. Who cares? It makes it look less intimidating for new players.

If i could have my way, we'd all be having expansion levels and would keep whatever vanilla level we had locked down. Wich is to say you'd start at level one.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-02 at 02:30 AM.

Did you feel like you were nerfed with the stat squish in 8.0 too?

I can't say I agree with that. I still have all of my gear, titles, transmog, ect. It's just a way of making the game less scary to get into. If a newbie sees 120+ levels to level it can be quite intimidating. 50 Ain't as bad. Plus it ain't like it's a difficult task to get through those 120 levels anyways, squishing it down doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me.

A stat squish will probably happen again anyways though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game resets effectively every 2 years since TBC, so who fucking cares?

You do realize you're still leveling 120 to 130 right? It's not like you're not adding another 10 levels lul.

50-60 = 120-130

More curious what they will do after Shadowlands, fly up 10 levels per expansion again rinse repeat?

The game literally resets with every expansion.

I'm personally all for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels have always been pointless. Who cares?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, especially after leveling one of every class to 120... what's even the purpose of a new 120 boost if it's getting squished to 50? What the hell level are my level 80 twinks going to be!?
    80/120 is 2/3, so I'm guessing 33 and 1/3rd the way to 34.

You do realize you're still leveling 120 to 130 right? It's not like you're not adding another 10 levels lul.

50-60 = 120-130

Incoming cosmetic UI addon to display 120-130 values for the epeen players.

The biggest takeaway I got from playing classic is that a level really used to mean something, and it's something that's been sorely missing from the game for a long time.

It's hard to do that over 130+ levels. With 60, they really might pull it off.

Definitely the feature I'm most looking forward to.

It'll feel odd for 30 minutes after xpac launch and then you'll forget entirely, similar to past stat squishes.

The thought of looking at my character window and seeing 130 Outlaw Rogue makes me want to hurl.

So freakin relieved a level squish is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I’m excited for the squish.
    How can you be excited? I preordered the xpac and it said I'll get boost to lvl 120 and right after I heard they'll wipe 120 characters to 50. That is just big scam... they should mention it in SHOP that characters will squish to 50 so people can think twice if they'll buy the expansion.
    But I guess by not mentioning that they'll get more preorders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    It's just a number change, as far as story goes your character just is as powerful as ever. The squish needed to happen.