Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How can I be bored with someone whose interaction as a horde player has been a grand total of about 5 minutes if everything is put together back to back or as an alliance player just not touch in past 2 expansions outside of her calling me a greymane merc in a 5 second scene in hellheim?

You people really think they'll kill off Sylvannas? she's the symbol for women power in their franchise. 2019 is all about SWJ/PC bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised if Anduin suddenly becomes black next expansion to complete the circle

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I think the people that seem to get legit angry over what's basically a saturday morning cartoon villain are the saddest. Sure she's one dimensional and silly but what WoW character isnt at this point? People act like shes the one thing standing in the way of the story being a masterpiece when it's been a total goof fest since Cata.
    Funny thing is since DAY1 of warcraft blizzard has been saying they are doing it like saturday morning cartoon yet everyone is after seemingly Tolkein levels of writing, which has never been in any game ever. Hell unless the game has come from another medium originally going for saturday morning cartoon is about the height you're ever going to get in a story.

Pretty sure shes gone by 9.1 / 9.2, shes the guldan of this expansion.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Ever since I found out that one of the lead writers has a body pillow of her and wrote himself into the story as Nathanos I lost interest.

It also doesn't help that the only people I know who support her either want to fuck her or like her because she makes other fans angry, I haven't concluded which is more sad. : /
    My girlfriend likes her because she doesn't know anything about the lore and doesn't care, she just thinks she looks cool. So there is at least a third group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    This isn’t a hate thread, but with her power creep over the last expansion I’ve slowly lost interest in her as a character. It’s not just the fact that she defeated Saurfang in seconds, then defeated the Lich King and his army without losing a sweat. It’s her attitude that she’s also always two steps ahead, she’s playing chess at a higher level then anyone. We’re not capable of knowing her motives. I don’t want to say it, but it feels a bit fanfic and this is from someone who loves the Warcraft story.

I also think it’ll come across really cheap if they try and swing some sort of redemption or vindication for her mass murderous actions.

That’s just my thoughts after BFA and now seeing the Shadowlands cinematic, anyone else feeling frustrated?
    I was pretty annoyed by the cinematic and yeah, I'm quite ready to see her bite the bullet in this next expansion. Like you said she feels like she operates at a level above everyone else and that doesn't make for an interesting villain IMO.

As far as redemption goes? No. She lost any chance of that when she ordered the horde to fire on Teldrassil.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Funny thing is since DAY1 of warcraft blizzard has been saying they are doing it like saturday morning cartoon yet everyone is after seemingly Tolkein levels of writing, which has never been in any game ever. Hell unless the game has come from another medium originally going for saturday morning cartoon is about the height you're ever going to get in a story.
    Well in that case i disagree, the are plenty of games with great storytelling, WoW just isnt one of them

I've been bored with (or, more specifically, done with) Sylvanas since the start of BfA.

Side-question: what will happen to Nathanos totally-not-self-insert-fanboi Blightcaller now?

Sylvanas has an uncountable advantage over the rest despite her sordid state. Ion noted it inadvertedly when he says everything would be chill after N'zoth. That advantage is that after BFA, she is the sole active participant in the plot, with everyone else being reactive until Blizzard acknowledge and use them as initiators of plotlines. Until then, she's the sole moving piece in the valley of cutouts, despite being increasingly one note.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Actually, that cinematic with Bolvar is the most interesting she's been since like Cataclysm when she ticked off Garrosh by using Val'kyrs to raise new Undead. She's totally in her wheel house now. Before she just seemed like a nasal-voiced bitch out of her element in Horde affairs. That they used the mantle of Warchief just to set in motion this expansion spits on The Horde's legacy. They're officially a bunch of idiots manipulated by Sylvanas. But now that she's no longer part of the Horde, and taking part in the Shadowlands story, I'm more invested in her.

I was ok with her before Legion. She's absolutely obnoxious now that she has absurd levels of plot armor... and offensive power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As far as redemption goes? No. She lost any chance of that when she ordered the horde to fire on Teldrassil.
    Maybe redemption would be a stretch, but vindication for her actions is another story. If she’s killed thousands to bolster some sort of death army she’ll be hailed as a saviour. I just don’t think that’ll rub well with me, it does depend on how they do it, but I feel another “We’ll never be slaves!” moment coming on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I think the people that seem to get legit angry over what's basically a saturday morning cartoon villain are the saddest. Sure she's one dimensional and silly but what WoW character isnt at this point? People act like shes the one thing standing in the way of the story being a masterpiece when it's been a total goof fest since Cata.
    She's the least interesting of WoW's villains. And the whole she "wasn't a villain" thing they towed the line on was even more stupid.

In fact, I think it's the "pretense" that she has some plan and how incredibly nebulous and esoteric that plan is that makes her being a one-dimensional villain so irritating.

Like, the old gods are one-dimensional, but at least they don't seem to have some 4-D chess nonsense going on as their ultimate goal. They just want to fuck shit up. Same with the burning legion. Same with Arthas. They all had clear, concise goals. You can elevator pitch their goals. Sylvanas? Not so much.

Say what you will about Saurfang, Anduin, Jaina, etc, but at least... you knew what they were about. You know what drives them, and at least that goal is relatable. Not some nonsense, obscure plot about "death" or whatever that's so out of left field that the audience can't even remotely relate to it. Anduin, Saurfang, Jaina and so forth suffered losses that affected who they were. They interacted with other characters in a way that exposed parts of their character and motivation. Hell, even fucking Garrosh had a greater sense of character progression than Sylvanas does. Sylvanas' "character development" is relegated to whether she's clucking her tongue at dubiously-defeated enemies or twisting her moustache about future plots and schemes.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-11-02 at 03:00 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

YES. She used to be one of my favorite characters for years but enough is enough. Just in the cinematic alone I'm tired of her. Legion, BFA and now Shadowlands. One character in 3 consecutive cinematics is quite enough. As for any redemption, I certainly hope not. I would love to see her head on a pike.

Who doesn't like the embodiment of Mary Sue?

I was bored with her 3 expansions ago. But she has big blue titties, so.....ya'll just suckle up to them no matter what.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

She was always boring, is currently boring, and will most likely stay boring.

The whole 6D-chess "all according to keikaku" abomination that is her BfA story doesn't help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, not really. Like, she's around, but we've barely interacted with her over the last few expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I've been bored with (or, more specifically, done with) Sylvanas since the start of BfA.

Side-question: what will happen to Nathanos totally-not-self-insert-fanboi Blightcaller now?
    Calling it, he "heroically" sacrifices himself to save her from a totally deserved demise or whatever.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Eh, not really. Like, she's around, but we've barely interacted with her over the last few expansions.
    What you're not taking into consideration is that some people are simply incapable of handling this character existing. To them even a second of Sylvanas on the screen is unbearable and leads to them summoning salt pillars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.