Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and he i though he became a demon after that, and would return to the nether

but hey, vampire kael amright?
    Nah, he just turned into a crack cocaine addict.

Also I'm both hyped and dreading Garrosh being in the Shadowlands.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

remember how i said not even the grave could save the characters? that shit bite me in the ass

now literally no one is safe

remember how i said not even the grave could save the characters? that shit bite me in the ass

You jinxed it. Grom, Cairne, Durotan, the entire pre WC3 Horde, they're about to get dicked.

Again.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Garrosh is going to be in the Maw. Along with most of the orc warlords.

I can already see a whimpering Garrosh surrounded by phantasmal Thralls, constantly telling those Thralls how it was all his fault and how he didn't deserve a mentor like him.

You played yourself on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Garrosh is going to be in the Maw. Along with most of the orc warlords.
    Garrosh is in the Bastion as the hero that tried to save us from this plot after Y'Shaarj's heart granted him the vision of what's to come (which checks out, as N'Zoth and Il'gynoth both show Old Gods predicted this future).

Yeah, I'm more saying that her arbitrage is iffy than that she got away. Are those her val'kyr at the end of the feature trailer by the way?
    OK, after reading your reply to cparle I see what you're saying about how she would have gone there despite being less bad than Kael. But that doesn't do anything to explain her escaping it. Because no one ever escaped the Maw. Including after Shadowlands' mechanics got fucked up. That's just a flat out statement from Blizzard on the panels. If no one ever escaped the Maw, that includes Sylvanas. And if Sylvanas didn't escape the Maw, then that's not where she went.

As for the winged things, could be. Then again winged creatures are not uncommon for death imagery. There were a few more of those floating around in the preview of the tower as a whole. I mean, the tower belongs to the Jailer as is so it could still have been Sylvanas' Val'kyr. But maybe it's just some new angel of death type of thing. I like their design though, whatever they end up being. Kinda reminds me of the armor of the Wild Hunt from Witcher 3. And some other denizens of the tower remind me of Boreal Knights from Dark Souls 3 when it comes to their armor.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-11-02 at 03:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I can already see a whimpering Garrosh surrounded by phantasmal Thralls, constantly telling those Thralls how it was all his fault and how he didn't deserve a mentor like him.

You played yourself on that one.

Garrosh is in the Bastion as the hero that tried to save us from this plot after Y'Shaarj's heart granted him the vision of what's to come (which checks out, as N'Zoth and Il'gynoth both show Old Gods predicted this future).
    I see Garrosh as more of a Maldraxxus kind of guy, entire place sounds right up his alley

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I see Garrosh as more of a Maldraxxus kind of guy, entire place sounds right up his alley
    Maldraxxus may be where Garrosh would have desired to go, but the Bastion is where he deserves to go for his selfless heroics. If only we had listened.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    she either went to the maw (unlikely because they said nobody has ever escaped from there) or somewhere else, likely the void
    Hmmm, that gives me some ideas. First of all, that would explain her sudden dislike of Void she showed in Three Sisters comic. Also, Void could be behind the corruption of Shadowlands' mechanics. Through that Blizzard would have a new venue to finally introduce the Void Lords as a new big bad despite their Old Gods plan having failed that doesn't feel like a complete asspull.

She did get sent to the Maw in her short story. Likely there were some shenanigans involved, since at the time she died she was definitely less of a baddie than Kael'thas who still got a palatable afterlife despite trying to destroy the world on behalf of the Legion.
    They said "the last few years" which implies the Maw favoritism only happened recently. Are they implying that Sylvanas (retcon) being behind the Wrathgate, Blight, experiments was worse than enabling a cosmic-spanning plan to obliterate all life?

Sounds like they decided to ignore what Sylvannas originally seen after she tried to kill herself. Then one dumb dev/narrative team member was like"hey lets make the shadowlands an actual zone/expansion!" While ignoring all the previous lore put fourth. Seeing them do this might make you want to requestion buying any wow books in the near future when whatever happens in them. Won't reflect on anything thats in game or was just pulled out of there rears just to get players money.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Undead are people who's soul was brought back, most of the time by force. So when they die again, they don't get to go back to the good parts of the Shadowlands. They just automatically go to a black nothingness, or what could also be what we know now as The Maw.

- - - Updated - - -

It could still be a black abyss of fear and dread. That could just be her own personal "Hell" in the Maw.
    False it has nothing to do with being undead they explained today that where you go is dependent on your actions.

That said the Maw has somehow found a way to get all the souls good and bad. This is a major problem for all the Covens cause they are starving without the anima news souls bring.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    maybe being undead means your soul doesn’t go to the shadowlands. kael had a big fel crystal in his chest and he was a different kind of undead than the ones we normally see, so he got to go I guess
    Kael wasn't an undead. The Fel crystal in his chest is what passes for medical treatment in the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't about oblivion that she was afraid of.

It was the eternal torment that awaited her. This was posted in a short story of events between Wrath and Cata.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    They said "the last few years" which implies the Maw favoritism only happened recently. Are they implying that Sylvanas (retcon) being behind the Wrathgate, Blight, experiments was worse than enabling a cosmic-spanning plan to obliterate all life?
    Yeah, that's the kind of logic I'm very dubious about. Sure, post-retcon Sylvanas did the Wrathgate, but her ultimate goal was just to kill one very bad dude and she never had the capacity to kill all that many people. But Kael tried to kill everyone because, per the most recent canon, he really liked drugs. It was a nu-Sylvanas tier motive. I think you've got the right of it and that's what they're trying to tell us, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that she was sent there by accident.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure her story says that she was tormented in this black nothingness.

The place she went is the maw, the worst place a soul can go.

The Forsaken don’t go to the afterlife. This isn’t new lore, it’s been established that they didn’t. What wasn’t established is what the afterlife is, and we are now finding out.

no one escapes the Maw.

can't wait to see players going back and forth hundreds of times

She did get sent to the Maw in her short story. Likely there were some shenanigans involved, since at the time she died she was definitely less of a baddie than Kael'thas who still got a palatable afterlife despite trying to destroy the world on behalf of the Legion.
    The second time she died, the first time sounded quite a bit like something like bastion, so the real question is when was death broken? Kael'thas got into his afterlife in bc, but sylvanas ended up in the maw in wotlk, despite having done less damaging things than the prince at the time. So does that mean the afterlife was broken since the end of wotlk?

Yeah, that's the kind of logic I'm very dubious about. Sure, post-retcon Sylvanas did the Wrathgate, but her ultimate goal was just to kill one very bad dude and she never had the capacity to kill all that many people. But Kael tried to kill everyone because, per the most recent canon, he really liked drugs. It was a nu-Sylvanas tier motive. I think you've got the right of it and that's what they're trying to tell us, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that she was sent there by accident.
    The other possibility is, ALL undead souls go there, not necessarily by choice. But that still raises questions of "how and why did Bolvar not immediately tell us this and try to deal with it?" Unless he was unaware until the veil cracked.

The other question and something I need answered is "why crack the veil at all?" The souls are already going where they need to go. So all Sylvie had to do is wait it out and kill more people, or just let death happen naturally. All cracking the Veil did was give us allies and a method to stop the Jailor before he was ready and before the Covenant zones were properly dead from lack of Anima.

Kinda reminds me of the dumb conceit that Arthas wanted us as champions so he lured us to Northrend, even though all he had to do was summon more ziggurats, wait a little, and then A+click us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The other possibility is, ALL undead souls go there, not necessarily by choice. But that still raises questions of "how and why did Bolvar not immediately tell us this and try to deal with it?" Unless he was unaware until the veil cracked.

The other question and something I need answered is "why crack the veil at all?" The souls are already going where they need to go. So all Sylvie had to do is wait it out and kill more people, or just let death happen naturally. All cracking the Veil did was give us allies and a method to stop the Jailor before he was ready and before the Covenant zones were properly dead from lack of Anima.

Kinda reminds me of the dumb conceit that Arthas wanted us as champions so he lured us to Northrend, even though all he had to do was summon more ziggurats, wait a little, and then A+click us.
    There is one way they could justify it, Sylvanas wants to lure the still living, and very unlikely to die anytime soon champions, like Anduin, Baine, pretty much any prominent faction NPC, and of course the players, she definitely failed on that last part if that's the case

Edit: also on the case of all Undead going to the maw, it could be that since they have no anima, so they might fly under the Arbiter and the Kyrians radars
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-11-02 at 02:13 PM.