Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    120s will be 50. 50s will be whatever the equivelent is. Did they really have to explain it? Are people saying this stuff serious?
    That was one of the most petty and miserable responses I've seen to a harmless questions I've seen in a while. Good job on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    That was one of the most petty and miserable responses I've seen to a harmless questions I've seen in a while. Good job on that.
    I mean... I'm baffled that people actualy could think this. I don't know what to tell you.

I mean... I'm baffled that people actualy could think this. I don't know what to tell you.
    Does being baffled by a harmless question normally cause you to act like a dolt or is that just naturally occurring? If so, you may need to see a therapist or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Does being baffled by a harmless question normally cause you to act like a dolt or is that just naturally occurring? If so, you may need to see a therapist or two.
    Sorry. I ment no offence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDove View Post
    yes and the real problem here is NOT the number of levels but that we didnt get any new talents and spells past level 100 like you should in a rpg!

you are wrong people complain because blizzard is activly killing everything that makes wow a rpg.
    How is changing a number, ruining WoW? I'd honestly like to hear an elaborate response rather than "I hate it because it sucks" type ordeal.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

i wonder how flying will work in zones like wotlk, cata, pandaland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i wonder how flying will work in zones like wotlk, cata, pandaland.
    I'm guessing you can fly at the equivelent to lvl 60 is. maybe mount at lvl 10, 100% at 20 and flying at 30, something like that. Since you can pick whatever zone now, I'm guessing you can fly at a set lvl, regardless of zone ( unless pick a zone and you don't have pathfinder achieve? I wonder if they'll remove that)

I'm guessing you can fly at the equivelent to lvl 60 is. maybe mount at lvl 10, 100% at 20 and flying at 30, something like that. Since you can pick whatever zone now, I'm guessing you can fly at a set lvl, regardless of zone ( unless pick a zone and you don't have pathfinder achieve? I wonder if they'll remove that)
    that would be lame because you could fly sooner in wotlk and pandaland

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^Feel like all my hard work leveling was for nothing....
    All that hard work leveling huh? Leveling hasn't been "Hard work" since Cata came out, and arguably before that with WoTLK. Since MoP (I think? I don't remember exactly when the talent system got redone.), you didn't feel like you gained a reward for getting a level. This level squish is trying to correct that.

Also, you aren't losing anything except a big number next to your name.

I'm going to assume pathfinder for old expansions will go away and you can fly at level 10 cause otherwise you wouldn't be able to chose Cataclysm to level in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    that would be lame because you could fly sooner in wotlk and pandaland
    I think now you can pick to got to northrend after lvl 60 and you can fly as soon as you get there. same for pandarina. Just enter the zone and fly right away. It'll be the same now, for whatever the equivelent to lvl 60 I think

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    I'm going to assume pathfinder for old expansions will go away and you can fly at level 10 cause otherwise you wouldn't be able to chose Cataclysm to level in.
    I wonder how they'll get around that. I honestly think pathfinders for old expansions should just become feats of strenght and everyone should be able to fly after the next comes out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    The only drawback to the squish and new leveling experience for me is that it makes me want to wait until the expansion to level any characters now

I also wonder if the xp from WoD treasures will be nerfed? Currently you can get a ton of levels just from flying around picking them up. If not, then Draenor may be the quickest way to level from 10-50.
    Yeah, it feels kinda silly to spend 40 hours levelling an allied race to 120 when you can wait a year and do it in 10 hours.

I imagine they'll try to tune each expansion to where questing loremaster will get you 10-50 without heirlooms. So odds are yes, Draenor will be stupidly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    The only drawback to the squish and new leveling experience for me is that it makes me want to wait until the expansion to level any characters now

I also wonder if the xp from WoD treasures will be nerfed? Currently you can get a ton of levels just from flying around picking them up. If not, then Draenor may be the quickest way to level from 10-50.
    Doing the bonus objectives also gets you lvls supper fast. I wonder how they'll handle flying and the pathfinders

Totally unnecessary. They could have left the levels as they are and change the leveling experience. Do whatever you want for levels 1-120 (like they are doing for 1-50) and have the levels come twice as fast so it takes the same time as going 1-60.

But I'm sure they did this because their game math is bad and causes exponential power creep. Instead of fixing the system, they de-level the characters just like they squished item levels. It's a band-aid fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Totally unnecessary. They could have left the levels as they are and change the leveling experience. Do whatever you want for levels 1-120 (like they are doing for 1-50) and have the levels come twice as fast so it takes the same time as going 1-60.

But I'm sure they did this because their game math is bad and causes exponential power creep. Instead of fixing the system, they de-level the characters just like they squished item levels. It's a band-aid fix.
    The squish is because they heard feedback from new players that "120" levels felt like too much for them to even bother trying so they just quit. Eventually numbers get unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post

Everything will remain exacly the same, only thing differnce is the number. That way you get rewards every lvl as you lvl up. I'm gessing the time it takes from 1-120 will be the same 1-50. Just different numbers.
    Last edited by kattarina; 2019-11-02 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That's not the point. I've spent 15 years leveling through expansions and squishing it to 50 - 60 is a slap in the face. People are saying the number is "arbitrary" but if that was true why change it at all. I will not be playing the game if my leveling is going to be removed.
    Why change it at all? For the leveling experience of 1 to max level. It really doesnt mean anything for current max level characters, 60 is same as 130. But leveling 1 to 60 is better than 1 to 130. Nothing is being taken from your max level character now except a display number. You do not lose anything you worked for over the years except that number display. Why is that number so important to you now? Leveling is broken now with so many levels. You go 3 or so levels now without a single ability or talent, just a number increase. It sucks. Leveling 1 to 60, with 60 being max, makes each level mean something on new characters.

Your leveling isn't removed, you will still be 10 levels under max level next expansion, regardless of that number being 60 or 130.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Why change it at all? For the leveling experience of 1 to max level. It really doesnt mean anything for current max level characters, 60 is same as 130. But leveling 1 to 60 is better than 1 to 130. Nothing is being taken from your max level character now except a display number. You do not lose anything you worked for over the years except that number display. Why is that number so important to you now? Leveling is broken now with so many levels. You go 3 or so levels now without a single ability or talent, just a number increase. It sucks. Leveling 1 to 60, with 60 being max, makes each level mean something on new characters.

Your leveling isn't removed, you will still be 10 levels under max level next expansion, regardless of that number being 60 or 130.
    Its a really good move I think. Nothing changes for old players, not really. But if you're new, its no longer 120 lvls and 8 expansions, its 60 lvls and only the current expansion matters. Its makes the game alot more inviting. Getting rewards every level feels nice too.
    Most zones already scale anyway so I'm gessing very little work needed ( with the new party sync feature, I'm gessing all the work has already been done?).
    Nice for alts too. Everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That's not the point. I've spent 15 years leveling through expansions and squishing it to 50 - 60 is a slap in the face. People are saying the number is "arbitrary" but if that was true why change it at all. I will not be playing the game if my leveling is going to be removed.
    Except you didn't spend 15 years with leveling. I would hope so at least. 2-3 afternoons top per expansion (per char) since cata, a week tops in wotlk and BC. (More in vanilla obv) TOPS.
    Leveling (time that takes to go from 1-to max) was already nerfed many many times in the past 6-8 years, if you could cope with that (WoD xp potions, Legion pre event etc etcetc), I'm sure you can cope with this.
    You are bringing up TIME as a measurement but you have problems with the NUMBER. Which is nonsense. Think aobut that for a bit.