Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Your talking about a level 80 vs level 120 here. Hes strong as fuck but shes been powered up not only that she had a plan going in.
    Im a DK main and thought it was great.... Shit cant stay the same all the time This is not Arthas is was Bolvar.
    Dont like it enjoy Wotlk classic.

And btw your responses to everyone in this thread is hilarious. Its akin to a baby whining. I cant tell your so mad right now its actually funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Your avatar aside, Sylvanas said it herself, he was a pretender. The Lich King without Frostmourne is at a huge handicap, he's just in command of a finite army that apparently Sylvanas and her master can solo. Without Frostmourne, a Lich King can't continuously raise the enemies before him or even ancient, more powerful creatures like Sindragosa.
    I mean you say that, but then they apparently immediately go back on that by letting Bolvar create a new generation of death knights AFTER losing the helm of domination.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah but they didn't have to make him look like a complete chump...he was throwing mountain chunks at her and she shrugged it off like they were pebbles. If he landed a blow or two she still could have won...they pooched Bolvar hard.
    I guess it depends how much you like Bolvar as The Lich King. Him jobbing to Sylvanas is sad, but I shared her view that a Frostmourne-less Bolvar is a shell of what Arthas as the Lich King was. If Bolvar had Frostmourne and stuck it in her, it would have been a different story, but he's nowhere near the level Arthas was. Let's say he did land a blow or two? It wouldn't have changed the outcome. They're setting Sylvanas up as perhaps the main baddie besides the Jailer. She has to look like a threat right out the gates so when we do take her down, it feels like a satisfying and well-earned triumph.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-11-02 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That exactly the point. Villains MUST curbstomp heroes because it makes them legit and makes the audience crave the villain's defeat. If the villain is getting wrecked all the time, its boring as hell. NOW, people can't wait to kill Sylvanas.
    Honestly I just can’t wait to see what Bolvar can do. Lifebound fire guy was boring as a solitary zombie king of a world threatening army, but now he’s humbled. He has room to grow and regain his power and satisfactorily curbstomp her
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I mean you say that, but then they apparently immediately go back on that by letting Bolvar create a new generation of death knights AFTER losing the helm of domination.
    Yeah, it's hard to make sense of Blizzard's lore. I've been rebuking it myself all night left and right. Never mind the Helm of Domination apparently being the veil even though it was created by Kil'jaeden for an entire different purpose with no connection to the Shadowlands whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar is basically Rocky Balboa.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

My guts tells me Bolvar lost the fight on purpose so he can trick her into opening the portal which he'll invade with the scourge later. Cause no way she wins against him even if he's nothing compared to Arthas. He's still a LK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Bolvar is basically Rocky Balboa.
    Sylvanas sure as hell ain't Clubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Slum King View Post
    I don't hate it but this is the muthafucking lich king we're talkin about here son. He would had smacked the fuck out of her and her death god in a real fight.
    It's not the Lich King, the Lich King is dead.

Seriously what the fuck were they thinking. I don't know who came up with the idea for that trailer but it completely goes against the lore and made zero sense. Sylvanas out of everyone beating the LK?!!! Yeaahhh okay what u smoking blizzard and where can I get some? I don't give a fuck how many fucking powerups someone like her gets, she isn't beating the Lich King. I just feel like the LK planned out his defeat cause I can't see him losing on purpose.

And the Lich King is a OG of Warcraft, the top dog. He ain't gonna let some phoney shadowland undead god wannabe surpass him. Like I said I got a big feeling in my guts telling me the LK set this up to trick Sylvanas into opening the portal so he can invade it with the Scourge.
    Sylvanas was empowered by the jailer from the Shadowlands. They said that as he grew in power, so did she. It wasn't really Sylvanas that defeated him, it was someone who was empowered by an extremely powerful entity.

Arthas would had wipe his ass with Sylvanas as well as her dead daddy. Bolvar is a insect compared to him. But still i think he planned it out and lost on purpose.
    How do you know this? We have no idea how powerful he is and Sylvanas all expansion has been feeding the Maw to gain power.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Watching that cinematic had me making my "who farted" face a lot...just constant "how the fuck does this make sense?"

From the start too....mindless zombies that attack anything and everything, are afraid of Sylvanas? They're mindless...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That exactly the point. Villains MUST curbstomp heroes because it makes them legit and makes the audience crave the villain's defeat. If the villain is getting wrecked all the time, its boring as hell. NOW, people can't wait to kill Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas committing genocide was enough to get us to want to kill her. Besides, Bolvar not being a massive bitchass and getting a few good hits in wouldn't hurt.

And people really were like "Wrath of the Bolvar" as an expansion idea. lmao more like "Groveling of the Bolvar."

Well, were also going to the forge that created Frostmourne and the Helmet in this expansion. That cant just be coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    It's not the Lich King, the Lich King is dead.
    The LK isn't dead and he's gonna give this whack ass god in the shadowzone a piece of his mind later just u wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I guess it depends how much you like Bolvar as The Lich King. Him jobbing to Sylvanas is sad, but I shared her view that a Frostmourne-less Bolvar is a shell of what Arthas as the Lich King was. If Bolvar had Frostmourne and stuck it in her, it would have been a different story, but he's nowhere near the level Arthas was. Let's say he did land a blow or two? It wouldn't have changed the outcome. They're setting Sylvanas up as perhaps the main baddie besides the Jailer. She has to look like a threat right out the gates so when we do take her down, it feels like a satisfying and well-earned triumph.
    Bolvar is okay...but I mean for fuck sake Saurfang did more damage to her than Bolvar.

Lich King nostalgia fans are FUMING and I LOVE it.

1. He's MUCH weaker than Arthas.

2. She's getting empowered by the Maw.

3. She's about on the level of the player without the Heart of Azeroth/An Artifact Weapon. AKA Above the Lich King's level anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Because how else can they show that Sylvanas keeps getting asininely ridiculous power ups if she doesn't spank one of the most iconic character of the franchise in a laughable manner?

Gotta keep the fanboys happy. They're very much like the Scourge. Without their Waifu, they're likely to go amok and kill us all.
    Bolvar Fordragon is one of the most iconic characters in Warcraft? Spare me.

Some newcomer fake thinks he can just take the crown from the LK, well hell is coming for the shadowland baby and Sylvanas and her Death God bout to find out what happens when u piss off the Lk and the trillions of scourge he commands. Good night y'all I'm out.

using your brain

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Well that's your own fault then... If she's being juiced up by an entity more ancient than the Titans themselves, who has been amassing power this entire time, it makes it within them realm of possibility... They should have at least made her struggle to pull it off though.

The Lich King is the wannabe, this is what you don't understand... The Lich King has only existed for about 15 years in the lore, the Lich King was created just before the Third War, while this "wannabe", as you so incorrectly called him, is as far as we know one of the oldest beings in the universe...

That's ridiculous, we already know that's not true... Bolvar can't command the scourge without the helmet, and we KNOW he loses control over them after it was destroyed because ION TOLD US ON STAGE that the Scourge starts running rampant and attacking the Horde and Alliance.

I don't like Sylvie either, I think her entire story arc has been a trainwreck, but I at least can see clearly, you are letting your hatred misguide you into thinking that the Lich King is a lot stronger than he really is.
    Thank you for using your brain. You are a rare entity on mmo-champ forums.-