Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    a necromancer class or a necromancer class skin would probably be about the only thing to get my to play retail again

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So whatcha think? Warlock who picks to work with the Maldraxxas Covenant gets to max rep with them (or however the system works) can then unlock a Necromancy skin.

Turns demons to undead
    Turns fire to frost
    Soulstone to Phylactery
    etc
    Wouldn't work because you'd literally be changing damage types with this class skin which is why necro has to either be it's own class or someone's 4th spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    The playerbase would shit up a COLOSSAL storm of unheard proportions if certain classes got cool reskins and others didn't..
    Do you people not remember all the fire mages during MoP when warlocks got green fire? This would be 200 times worse.
    That simply means the playerbase is toxic. If we bow heads to the toxic community every single time, we will never have nice things. The problem with the MoP green fire for Warlocks wasn't that theirs was the coolest. It was about ONLY Warlocks getting something. Mages got nothing. That is why. If Mages had gotten "Purple" Fire or just any other colour, you'd have people saying "well I like Green more! Why do mages get purple, this sucks!" but those can easily be shut down with "Well, why did you roll a mage and not a fel warlock LOL"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    That simply means the playerbase is toxic. If we bow heads to the toxic community every single time, we will never have nice things. The problem with the MoP green fire for Warlocks wasn't that theirs was the coolest. It was about ONLY Warlocks getting something. Mages got nothing. That is why. If Mages had gotten "Purple" Fire or just any other colour, you'd have people saying "well I like Green more! Why do mages get purple, this sucks!" but those can easily be shut down with "Well, why did you roll a mage and not a fel warlock LOL"
    Hence my post.
    If you only give a select few classes a cosmetic remake, every other class is going to throw shit everywhere. That's just the nature of the beast, no amount of "bowing heads to toxic communities" or not will change that.

People won't get less toxic if they feel slighted, they just get more toxic and they'll likely just stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    class skins seem like a bad idea that will limit the addition of new classes in the future
    That's ultimately better for the game. As much as I would like a new class every expansion, we're already so bloated and class balance is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Hence my post.
    If you only give a select few classes a cosmetic remake, every other class is going to throw shit everywhere. That's just the nature of the beast, no amount of "bowing heads to toxic communities" or not will change that.

People won't get less toxic if they feel slighted, they just get more toxic and they'll likely just stop playing.
    No, no, I did not mean to only give the new skins to SOME classes. What I meant is that EACH class gets a new skin. And each class skin would be themed after 1 of the 4 covenants. So we get a total of 12 new skins, 3 per covenant (or you could just break that up and go with whatever makes sense disregarding how well representned a certain covenant is and focus more on what the class fantasy would be foro each skin)

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    That's ultimately better for the game. As much as I would like a new class every expansion, we're already so bloated and class balance is a nightmare.
    Class balance has been a nightmare for every expansion that didn't add a class so people celebrating no new class for Shadowlands so that Blizzard can focus on fixing classes well, that means they needed 2 whole expansions to attempt such a thing.