Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So... Who is it about then? Only the people who enjoy it? The people who make it?

People are entitled to criticize a game if they don't like it. That's sort of how free speech works. And if developers aren't tailoring their game to meet player interests, what are they doing, exactly?
    Can’t tell if your on drugs or you have 10 IQ. When has the story of a new xpac ever been up to the players. The point of and xpac reveal is that it’s supposed to be special and exciting to hear for the first time. So yes, it isn’t about what you want or want to hear, because that’s not how storylines work. When it comes to gameplay, go ahead u can complain all day if you don’t like it. But don’t try that stupid ass argument of yours again

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    What new features?
    Covenants
    Torghast, Tower of the Damned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    Covenants
    Torghast, Tower of the Damned
    Another expansion-specific auxiliary progression system? No thanks.
    Gratz on quickly hopping over to the barren Shadowlands feature page, though.

I am just a little under the neutral on this expansion... the fact that they again are going back to class fantasy instead of spec is sad to me. Then there is the 1 expansion systems that are removed ,i am tired..
    I feel if they added a class it could have really helped sell the expansion.. a class with death fantasy ( using the power of anima ? )
    Will see what happens at the deep dive panel but either way will still try it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I looked at the features of this expansion and my first thought was: Blizzard actually listened to the players for the first time in years.
    The problem is; Ion has said so many times that mistakes were made and we will make it better, then they turn around and do the same old cash grab garbage game play. Ill believe it when I see it and i'm not gonna buy it until some people i trust actually says its worth playing again. Until then, Classic will satisfy the desire for community not ruined by things like LFR,LFD, phasing, CRZ, and so many other retarded changes they have doubled down on for 9 years.

hope they paid you day-old shill accounts enough to eat today

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    The problem is; Ion has said so many times that mistakes were made and we will make it better, then they turn around and do the same old cash grab garbage game play. Ill believe it when I see it and i'm not gonna buy it until some people i trust actually says its worth playing again. Until then, Classic will satisfy the desire for community not ruined by things like LFR,LFD, phasing, CRZ, and so many other retarded changes they have doubled down on for 9 years.
    Nothing wrong with being skeptical.

Honestly, that's on you for not being constantly disappointed in the community. You've been on this site before, right? Literally everyone on here is the worst.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not blame anyone for being mad after that Features Trailer. That was a mess. If folks are still mad after the panel then I'm just disappointed. Skeptical I will accept, but saying this expansion has no content?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Another expansion-specific auxiliary progression system? No thanks.
    Gratz on quickly hopping over to the barren Shadowlands feature page, though.
    So what do you want?

Are we supposed to like whatever random crap they throw our way?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you want?
    A new race/class
    A story that's firmly rooted in previously established lore
    The cancellation of all expansion-specific auxiliary progression systems

I'm really not that hard to please, at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Are we supposed to like whatever random crap they throw our way?
    "Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products"

A new race/class
    A story that's firmly rooted in previously established lore
    The cancellation of all expansion-specific auxiliary progression systems
    I'm talking about new features. You were complaining about a lack of new features. Then when I told you what new features there were you dismissed them. So you don't actually want new features?

How is this expansion not firmly rooted in previously established lore?

This expansion is actually the first time that I feel we’ve come to fanfic tier writing. Just the way the Lich King is portrayed, how he’s being put on a pedestal for the cosmic plot despite being nothing more than a weakener in WC3. It all seems goofy.

Now, the zones are all beautiful. Still, the lore is the lowest it’s has been for me in a long ass time.

The only issues i have is that it does not feel like Warcraft and OP Sylvanas obviously setting up a anti-hero / redemption story with next expac (hint to Void lords considering Soul Traders are present in the Shadowlands main hub).

Rest sounds pretty exciting imo:
    - Dungeon tower for solo PVE diabloesque game.
    - Working towards targeted legendaries.
    - Less RNG.
    - Less grindy.
    - Simplified leveling and the choice to pick your favorite zone for leveling.

The main point is class design though, and they did not reveal much yet. Even though Ion said more emphasis on the class and each level will be rewarded (talent trees?). Can't wait to hear more about it.

I so agree. And it's not just the WoW community. The fact that people are complaining about OW2 stuff being available for free in OW1 is absolutely blowing my mind. The people on these forums will complain about anything =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about new features. You were complaining about a lack of new features. Then when I told you what new features there were you dismissed them. So you don't actually want new features?
    The first feature you listed is garbage that I'd much rather we go without. The second is content, not a feature. I don't care how it's billed on the official page.

How is this expansion not firmly rooted in previously established lore?
    Do you really not understand the difference between fighting the Illidari and Burning Legion in Outland, or the Scourge in Northrend and fighting whatever the Hell Sylvanas' forces are in a dimension that has only been alluded to here and there?

When people are anonymous on the internet, they act like little, entitled shits and trolls. Same old story.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamit View Post
    The community has disappointed me, the amount of cry babies complaining and typing on the forum for literally 8 hours straight are simply complaining because the lore/story/theme of the xpac wasn't what they wanted. It's not about what you want, so stop complaining. I am anti-blizzard, and for once I can actually stand up for them against u WoW addicts who complain 24/7 yet spend the most hours out of anyone playing the game. I shit on every xpac blizzard releases, and now the community just cares about not wanting sylvanas powerful.

Also whats up with people saying "its only like 4 new zones and a few changes, that can be done in a patch, this xpac is trash already."

Isn't that literally every xpac in existence? Most xpac's we've seen just announced and introduced a new land mass with a few zones and new content for max level with raids and dungeons to start off.

"hey guys, here is the new trailer. Great you enjoyed the trailer, here are the zones of the new xpac and a few key features"

Literally every single blizzcon ever.

Apparently to these 300 IQ WoW Players TBC, WOTLK, CATA, MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA were all trash for only announcing new zones and a new level cap.

Get off your high horse and sit down, don't even touch your keyboard and just wait for the new xpac. Just some healthy advice
    Look, dude, im fine to have a little faith in Blizzard but dont you think that when you "have faith" in Blizzard and their expansions every alpha, every beta, every release, every patch, and Blizzard never lives up to that faith, it become pretty much annoying behavior to have?

Not everyone like to act dumb every phase of expansion development and pretend to be "patient" while Blizzard fails them ever goddamn time. Its absolutely fine to express the disappointment, especially now, when we got pretty much leftovers for full price after probably the WoW's worst expansion ever.

People like you are the main reason why Blizzard being lazy and half-assed everything in the past. Shitheads that are happy for every piece of shit the lords throw at them. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    - Dungeon tower for solo PVE diabloesque game.
    Yes, that's what the game needs. More Diablo features. Players have loved that so far.