Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    You guys are so fucking whiney omfg. The game is old af and is becoming too clustered blizz has to do this. No new player wants to level through 130 levels worth of old content, I even don’t want to make Alts because of that grind. Y’all literally make it sound like Blizz is picking one of your characters and deleting it. ITS JUST A NUMBER ON your SCREEN, they’re not erasing your memories or achievements lmao. The same logic can be applied to saying level squishes should not be implemented because they lower the numbers and are taking power away from your character because you have worked for this power and the number that shows up on the screen after a chaos bolt crit should be 34,762,272828xq7+*11 instead of 60,000. Like cmon, grow tf up and just play the game bro...
    I think you are overreacting because even the people who are not pro-squish in this very pro-squish thread aren't doing that. That said I totally would've preferred the MEGA DAMAGE route. Bring on the Disgaea-style annotation!

People are saying it is just a number and others are asking then why do it. And as I'm sure as been covered already, there are plenty of good reasons to squish the numbers. There are zero good reasons for anyone to be upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Oh no I get that. But currently when you go back and solo old content the reason it is so easy is because we are exponentially stronger than it because of how stat squishing has worked, right? So if the content now "can" scale up to 50, and so let's say Onyxia can be killed with one cast Heroic Throw now, to make it a challenge/playable at level 50 but as easy as live 8.2.5 at level 60, level 51-60 either needs to count for (in the background) the thousands of times the stat inflation we have on live, or the content needs to scale back down to a lower level if you're above 50.
    Right now, if you queue for a Dead Mines at lvl 60, the mobs will be lvl 60. So maybe it'll be the same? If the cap for the new zones is 50, and you can queue for all the dungeons, then all will be lvl 50, I think? Unless the lvls for the dungeons remain the same, just scaled to the equivalent lvl they were before the squich. But if they said we can still roll through them, I dont see how 10 lvls will make such a difference. It also means soloing ICC will be the same as soloing Eternal Palace, as both are capped at 50 now. Maybe it wont apply to raids, only dungeons, where 10 lvls can mean alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Oh no I get that. But currently when you go back and solo old content the reason it is so easy is because we are exponentially stronger than it because of how stat squishing has worked, right? So if the content now "can" scale up to 50, and so let's say Onyxia can be killed with one cast Heroic Throw now, to make it a challenge/playable at level 50 but as easy as live 8.2.5 at level 60, level 51-60 either needs to count for (in the background) the thousands of times the stat inflation we have on live, or the content needs to scale back down to a lower level if you're above 50.
    We do know that the website specifically says that by default, 10-50 takes place in BFA, and that you talk to Chromie to level up in other areas.

My assumption: Everything is still scaled the same as it is now behind the scenes, and talking to Chromie to level in those zones is a temporary adjustment, like how the different versions of zones (Darkshore, Vale in 8.3, etc) work today. After getting to 50, those zones retain their former scaling?

I suppose we'll learn more about how it works exactly as time goes on.

[QUOTE=Lucetia;51816129] They could do that now and space it out more if they wanted to.

The whole point is they don't want to space it out.

I feel that they are doing the level squish more to fill the features in the expansion than necessity..

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    As with all previous squishes, the only people who can be legitimately upset by the squish are those whose grade 3 teachers failed them when it came to teaching ratios.
    I agree with this sentiment.

There is zero reasons to be mad about a level squish. Well...intelligent reasons at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    I feel that they are doing the level squish more to fill the features in the expansion than necessity..
    If it improves the leveling experience, it will still be a more useful feature than island expeditions or warfronts to me personally. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    We do know that the website specifically says that by default, 10-50 takes place in BFA, and that you talk to Chromie to level up in other areas.

My assumption: Everything is still scaled the same as it is now behind the scenes, and talking to Chromie to level in those zones is a temporary adjustment, like how the different versions of zones (Darkshore, Vale in 8.3, etc) work today. After getting to 50, those zones retain their former scaling?

I suppose we'll learn more about how it works exactly as time goes on.
    While I don't think Blizzard has explained how the scaling with go, like your Chromie example, they've already mentioned that dungeons don't scale with characters:

"We’ve adjusted the experience curve to make it faster than ever to prepare for the newest challenges, and each level along the way will provide more meaningful increases in progress and power. All expansion zones are getting more flexible, too; they’ll be able* to scale to you and your friends while you level to 50, so it’s easy to try a zone you’ve never played.

*You can still outlevel dungeons and crush them for transmogs or fulfillment." Here

Again, I'm not sure what that means or how it will work, but for those worried about doing older content, it shouldn't be an issue as a result of the level squish because relative power at level 50 should be what current 120 is, and higher for level 60 post-release.

If it improves the leveling experience, it will still be a more useful feature than island expeditions or warfronts to me personally. :P
    I agree. I'm honestly looking forward to it. I may be able to get a few friends to try the game out now that they don't have to worry about 8 expansions worth of content

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Your previous character progression for the expansion gets wiped when you start leveling again at the start of a new expansion. I don't see the problem with reducing a large number to one that is a bit more psychologically reasonable.

It's not like Blizz is going to wipe stuff even more important like mounts, titles, pets, feats of strength and gear appearances.

If they just lower the number but not the requiered experience then i dont see how it changes.. apart from getting 2 or so skills and maybe a talent from time to time. Apart from that is the choice to level all in one place. ( full mop - full wod, etc (They pretty much have to change exp requirements for this to be feasible). And if they do change the exp requirements then there will be people again saying thats it is too easy, too fast, etc...
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    If they just lower the number but not the requiered experience then i dont see how it changes.. apart from getting 2 or so skills and maybe a talent from time to time. Apart from that is the choice to level all in one place. ( full mop - full wod, etc (They pretty much have to change exp requirements for this to be feasible). And if they do change the exp requirements then there will be people again thats its too easy, too fast, etc...
    Time will tell.
    I think they mentioned they want a reward for every lvl. They made it so Kalimdor and easter kingdons scale up to lvl 60. They just have to do the same for every other expansion. balance the quest xp per percentage or something

Its not necessary at all. It will be annoying but its not a big deal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    Its not necessary at all. It will be annoying but its not a big deal either.
    I highly doubt they'd spend thousands and thousands of dollars worth of developer and QA time developing the scale down tech if they didn't deem it necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

5+ Year Old Account
    So what happens to the original starting zones now? Is there another Azeroth revamp going to happen?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say a level squish. He said the Shadowlands would be 50-60. Meaning you get scaled down to 50, level to 60 within it, but are still 120 outside of it.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I highly doubt they'd spend thousands and thousands of dollars worth of developer and QA time developing the scale down tech if they didn't deem it necessary.
    I think most of the work is already done. All zones have some sort of scaling now. They probably just need to tweek some numbers. I think its a really good move. 120 lvl and 8 expansions sounds really overwhelming for anyone that wants to get into the game ( heck, sometimes when leveling I forget where to go next "...85 was what expansion again?").
    Now its just 60 lvls, and you don't have to worry about any expansions except the current. They don't really need to change much and the game is now inviting to newer players. Good move I think.
    Nice for alts too. Everyone wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    He didn't say a level squish. He said the Shadowlands would be 50-60. Meaning you get scaled down to 50, level to 60 within it, but are still 120 outside of it.
    1-10 new lvling zone for new chars, 10-50 any expansion you choose, 50-60 Shadowlands. Its confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Look again

Leveled-Up Leveling
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will smooth out the leveling experience and better prepare new adventurers for what’s to come. Players will level up to 50 before heading to the Shadowlands (new level cap: 60).

We’ve adjusted the experience curve to make it faster than ever to prepare for the newest challenges, and each level along the way will provide more meaningful increases in progress and power. All expansion zones are getting more flexible, too; they’ll be able* to scale to you and your friends while you level to 50, so it’s easy to try a zone you’ve never played.

*You can still outlevel dungeons and crush them for transmogs or fulfillment.

Levels 1-10: A New Journey for New Players
    New characters will embark on an introductory voyage to learn about everything there is to do in Azeroth, including your first mini-dungeon.

Levels 10-50: Pick Your Era
    Play the latest expansion, Battle for Azeroth, or follow Chromie back in time and tackle any other expansion you choose, with challenges that scale to characters level 10–50.

Levels 50-60: Enter the Shadowlands
    Step into Azeroth’s afterlife, and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with legends of the past as you fight to preserve the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    Numbers are meaningless. It's all ratios which compare the power of your character to the appropriate content which makes level cosmetic.