Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No Frostmourne no strong.

Sylvanas winning made perfect sense.

Here's my guess. We defeat the jailor and then shackle sylvanas there forever in his place. She gets her worst nightmare, being shackled forever in true torture and misery of nothingness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo the defeat of all of the Fel and Void bads released energy that had to go somewhere and it swelled the Maw and threw things off balance there. Now by going and defeating Death we’re going to see a reaction from an abundance of Life magic flourishing unchecked. The Dark Side of nature.

Figure Sylvanas will end up as the new Arbiter of the Shadowlands and Arthas as the jailer of the damned. Then a nice Pandaria Round 3 expac in the vein of BFA where we explore the other side of Azeroth and go on happy-go-lucky adventures while the Void Lords prepare to come eat us all.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

I'm not sure how they're going to tie it into the following expansion "Corgis Unleashed", but I expect some awesome foreshadowing towards the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It would tie together fairly neatly, both explaining why N'zoth gets taken out so soon and why Sylvanas also waited out for him to go to Hell before she went for Bolvar, given the anima that an old god would produce when it got sent to the Maw. It would also gel with Alleria's whispers not stopping and with the wink wink, nudge nudge that is Magni telling you not to listen to Il'gynoth.
    @KrakHed @Super Dickmann

i hope this does not happen, as cool as it seems because it would completly decimate the "they do not live they do not die, they are outside the cycle" line from wotlk. theres been enough blasting of the lore lol, at this point soon theyll be retconning il'gynoth's own verses.

edit: things were already being set out of balance as per "the banshees schemes upset the balance". not to mention bwonsamdi wanting her head given hes a death loa. but at least i guess we have some answer for who pulled voljin out, probably the arbiter or the kyrians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm not sure how they're going to tie it into the following expansion "Corgis Unleashed", but I expect some awesome foreshadowing towards the end.
    can u imagine a cinematic where sylvanas ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATES a corgi. Like total DECIMATION.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    N'zoth foretold everything. The Old Gods as being of incredible evil have been deposited in the Maw after they died, as prisoners. But due to their incredible power, they place an overwhelming burden on the prison system and force the Maw to reroute the anima that would otherwise go to the other zones. This is why the Titans never killed them, and why the Old God plot ended so lamely in BFA.

Once the mortals are lured to defeat the Jailer, the prisoners will finally go free.
    The problem i see with this, which makes no sense in my mind: The Old Gods might be powerful, but i wouldn't call their power incredible. They certainly are small flies compared to Titans and probably their own masters, the Void Lords. On top of that, we have equivalent beings for the other four great powers yet. Voidlords represent the Void, Titans Order, but we have known for Disorder (Sargeras doesn't really count for that part as he was formerly a titan and thus of Order), Life, Death and Light.

So the thing is, the Shadowlands should exist since the beginning of time and had to be able to contain literally any dead souls. This Arbiter for example seems to be older than the Titans etc. Now i could see why it would be hard to contain the dead souls of Voidlords, Titans and such beings, but Old Gods? Seriously, they shouldn't be a major problem for this realm. They creations of the Voidlords, powerful, but not THIS powerful. Same goes for demons on the scale of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

I don't say it come to pass as you predict, but in my mind it wouldn't make much sense that the Old Gods are such a problem in the Maw / Shadowlands. Especially because the Shadowlands were described as infinite and in this realm there should exist at least one being which is equivalent to the Voidlords/Titans for Death. Death itself. And i don't get the impression so far that the boss of Sylvanas is Death itself. Death is nothing without Life, so it would be pretty ridiculous if Death itself in form of an entity has the agenda to kill everything.

But of course with these writers a lot is possible.

And yes, in form of a prediction, either Sylvanas will be Gul'Dan / Azshara of this Addon, or she will replace her current master in another scheme. And because of the clear "Women are superior" motto of Blizzard, i bet on the latter and a Kerrigan like redemption story for Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    can u imagine a cinematic where sylvanas ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATES a corgi. Like total DECIMATION.
    Impossible, the Corgis are godlike characters and if Sylvanas ever defeated a Corgi that'd be terrible writing on Blizzard's part!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We will kill the Jailer, and Bolvar will forge a new crown of domination out of it (his head already looks like it). After that, we will go home and close the Shadowlands, with Sylvanas still inside. She will finally be trapped in the Shadowlands that she so desperately tried to escape from all this time.

Bolvar will then return to jailing whatever is left of the scourge, but he will be free to run around and do whatever now with the new helm not trying to corrupt him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Impossible, the Corgis are godlike characters and if Sylvanas ever defeated a Corgi that'd be terrible writing on Blizzard's part!
    so ever so slowly edging towards the realm of cgi possibility XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    With all the 'Strong female character' arcs they've been going with for the last 2 expansions I'm pretty sure she will just rip Arthas' head in half.
    Sad for the lore, but still.
    I'm not a SJW by any means but you're reaching a bit....really the only strong female character that hasn't been as strong as they were for a long time now is Sylvanas. If they do that with Sylvanas that could very well piss off more people than killing Sylvanas would piss off her fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    No Frostmourne no strong.

Sylvanas winning made perfect sense.
    Well like I've said in other threads, yes it makes sense...but did they need to make Bolvar look like such a chump?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it was revealed finally why Sylvanas burned Teldrassil, to basically feed the shadowlands. I do think she will help us defeat the final villain of the Shadowlands expansion. The Jailer for now is her partner but yeah we will see how it goes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How will it end?
    Easy.. the helm of dammination is broken on 2 perfect pieces right.

TO RESTORE ORDER TO THIS DAMMED REALM WE MUST FIND THE OTHER PIECE OF THE HELM AND CLOSE THE OPENING IN THIS REALM..
    HURRY HEROES!

calling it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’m honestly unsure what the next WoW expansion could even be after Shadowlands. O_o... Wotlk 2.0 emergency button has been pressed. BC 2.0 emergency button. Fan service is now in full effect. I guess... Old God expansion or Void Lords?
    I really don't think an expansion that has nothing to do with Northrend can be considered Wotlk 2.0.

The Maw is where Sylvanas ended up when she killed herself in ICC. We know that the Maw is gunked up right now and everyone has been stuck there for a while now. The entity that told Vol’jin to make Sylvanas Warchief did so because they knew Sylvanas wouldn’t have much problem starting a war to get as many people killed as possible to either power up this realm to get it working properly again - especially if it means that she wouldn’t have to spend an eternity there if she finally kicks it - or just gathering enough power to obliterate The Maw entirely. End of expansion is souls being able to pass normally through the Shadowlands to their “sorting hat” areas.

She finally gets her revenge on Arthas and her story arc will end after that. ion even said she’s thirsting for revenge before the cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Reforge the Helm of Domination and put it on a redeemed Arthas' head to close the big hole in the sky over Icecrown where Arthas sits again on the Frozen Throne to be the veil.

Watch.
    Yuuuuuup... Arthas was never in control as the Lich King, but now his redeemed soul will be "Jailer of the Damned" as he was meant to be all along...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Sylvanas escapes and targets the Pantheon, Sargeras and Illidan on Antorus.

after that, she destroys all remnants of Naaru in the universe and ascends to Godhood.

SL is fixed and Sylvanas stays there, ruling over Maw or some other area

Another Sylvanas-Kill Fantasy thred. Yeah the more people talk about her, the popular she gets.

Arthas is dead and gone. His replacement is a joke.