Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    13 years seems like the average maturity of a lot of posters today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    He didn't say a level squish. He said the Shadowlands would be 50-60. Meaning you get scaled down to 50, level to 60 within it, but are still 120 outside of it.
    I honestly have no idea how you people come up with this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    1-10 new lvling zone for new chars, 10-50 any expansion you choose, 50-60 Shadowlands. Its confirmed.
    I feel like "Massive Level Squish" should have been a bulletin point if it was a full squish.

The way he sold it sounded, to me at least, like the other expansions were getting the option to be run at lower levels (10-50) and then you can immediately hit the end game content at 50-60, and then choose to level up higher on your own time without having to power level to 120 to get to the end game and without falling behind on the new stuff.

That's what it sounded like to me. If I'm wrong, oh well. No big deal. Nothing of value is lost with a full level squish.

But if I'm right, people need to understand the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I honestly have no idea how you people come up with this shit.
    Don't lump me in with other people. It's insulting. Both to me and to them.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I feel like "Massive Level Squish" should have been a bulletin point if it was a full squish.

The way he sold it sounded, to me at least, like the other expansions were getting the option to be run at lower levels (10-50) and then you can immediately hit the end game content at 50-60, and then choose to level up higher on your own time without having to power level to 120 to get to the end game and without falling behind on the new stuff.

That's what it sounded like to me. If I'm wrong, oh well. No big deal. Nothing of value is lost with a full level squish.

You'll still be lvl 120 in all but number, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    You'll still be lvl 120 in all but number, though.
    Yes, I'm very much aware of how squishes work. I'm all in favor of them.

Like I said, nothing of value is lost with a level squish. Meaning the only thing lost is the ridiculous and unnecessary level bloat.

If I misheard what he said, I'm perfectly happy to hear it. I'm actually hoping I did misinterpret his point on the matter. Still think it should have been a big bulletin point though.
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

How does the squish eradicate character progression? The characters lose nothing except for a level number that means nothing in the end. You lose no items, no achievements, not mounts, nothing. Thinking before writing something would indeed be great.

Classic was much more popular than expected, level 60 must be the answer!

Yes, I'm very much aware of how squishes work. I'm all in favor of them.

Like I said, nothing of value is lost with a level squish. Meaning the only thing lost is the ridiculous and unnecessary level bloat.

If I misheard what he said, I'm perfectly happy to hear it. I'm actually hoping I did misinterpret his point on the matter. Still think it should have been a big bulletin point though.
    It honestly changes nothing. I don't see why this is the hill some people will die on.
    It will make the game look more welcoming to new players and a better experience for alts. I'm all for it.

...? That wouldn't make any sense. For one, it indicates that all of the previous expansion continents can be done 10-50, then going into Shadowlands at 50-60. Why would you constantly phase in and out of being level 60 and level 120? What level would old dungeons for transmog runs be at? 60? If they're all capped at level 50 or 60 to allow for easier runs for people who don't want to level past 60, then allowing a player to go back all the way to 120 would be pretty pointless.

There's no reason to put "massive level squish" as a bulletin point because "Level from 50-60" kind of implies a level squish by itself.

Edit: Also,the deep dive will probably go into more detail and thats why there wasnt a specified bullet point, maybe
    Last edited by GenericDragon; 2019-11-02 at 07:18 AM.

It'll be a full level squish, even based on his wording. The whole level brackets for new chars and previous expansions is more of a feature for new players and alts, as it's a daunting task (numerically and time-wise) to plow through 15 years of content to catch up to the soon-to-be current content. However, the squish feature has benefits for everyone, it just will impact new players and alts the most.

What I'm more curious about was the reference to progressing through end-game content while you're leveling your alts through Shadowlands. I have this image in my head of something equivalent to the paragon system in D3: the progression system for the expansion is account-wide, and your alts can enjoy the benefits of your main so you don't feel like you need to constantly regrind. I suppose the difference would be that unlike the D3 paragon system, you would have to simultaneously gain xp for levels at the same time as progressing through end-game systems (whatever form that may take, maybe tomorrow we'll get more details). I'm all for any improvement in this department, as the essence system in BfA is a prime example of pointless rehashing of progression on alts that likely shouldn't exist. If anything, I hope Blizz fully embraces progression as an account-wide concept rather than only a character-specific concept... obviously you want both to matter, but we're currently at the point where account-wide progression is pretty anemic.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    12/10 response. BFA is trash. I'm hyped for this coming expac
    Of all the things wrong with BfA, the leveling was just kinda "Meh". Slow, but thats to be expected from the current xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why will Blizzard just wipe all the character progression and all these years just goes down the toilet. 120 to 50 is just big slap to the face and all these years feel now pointless. Why not just stat squish?
    if you like you can just edit your unitframes to show level 120 instead of 50 and look, nothing changed since its just a number.

I think the level squish is long, long overdue. I just hope they also squished the time it takes to get to the new level 50 as opposed to the old level 110/120.

Nowadays, i find that leveling a new toon (new allied race) is painful as it takes so long.

If it is your very first toon, it sounds like there is a way for that player to experience the world, they might need to level several toons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I think the level squish is long, long overdue. I just hope they also squished the time it takes to get to the new level 50 as opposed to the old level 110/120.

Nowadays, i find that leveling a new toon (new allied race) is painful as it takes so long.

If it is your very first toon, it sounds like there is a way for that player to experience the world, they might need to level several toons though.
    They will probably lower the xp req for 110-120 ( or whatever the equivelent will be ) for 9.0. thats usualy how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It'll be a full level squish, even based on his wording. The whole level brackets for new chars and previous expansions is more of a feature for new players and alts, as it's a daunting task (numerically and time-wise) to plow through 15 years of content to catch up to the soon-to-be current content. However, the squish feature has benefits for everyone, it just will impact new players and alts the most.

What I'm more curious about was the reference to progressing through end-game content while you're leveling your alts through Shadowlands. I have this image in my head of something equivalent to the paragon system in D3: the progression system for the expansion is account-wide, and your alts can enjoy the benefits of your main so you don't feel like you need to constantly regrind. I suppose the difference would be that unlike the D3 paragon system, you would have to simultaneously gain xp for levels at the same time as progressing through end-game systems (whatever form that may take, maybe tomorrow we'll get more details). I'm all for any improvement in this department, as the essence system in BfA is a prime example of pointless rehashing of progression on alts that likely shouldn't exist. If anything, I hope Blizz fully embraces progression as an account-wide concept rather than only a character-specific concept... obviously you want both to matter, but we're currently at the point where account-wide progression is pretty anemic.
    I think they meant character specific endgame content that you could work on before hitting the actual endgame.

Like, as an example, a currency for endgame gear that you can earn from killing mobs while leveling while your first toon doesn't get that bonus because they're the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Okay, I am not one who wanted the squish and I asked for a reasons that makes sense. One guy provided an answer that I could get behind and that was: "It also helps to combat crazy ilv and stat increase" (we already had two squishes - now...I didn't see them as necessary and would have no problem to have an ilv of 5000 in the next x-pac, but maybe that would be 50 000 in 2 years....so whatever)

Going down to 50...I won't lie...I cannot get used to this idea...yet. Especially since you will see Classic (or soon possibly TBC) players at 60 or 70.

That said....no progression is wiped. You keep your achievements, you keep your kills, your mounts, your title.

I don't anyone cry when your gear from the last raid is useless in the next x-pac...if anything, I'd call that "progression wiped" - hell..not even that..maybe reset.

So..yeah. Not in the boat of "Whoaaa...they kill WoW and I quit", but definitely something I didn't ask for. I just don't see the "World is ending" doom and gloom here.
    Its a good move to bring in new players tho. No longer is it a game with 120 lvl and 8 expansions, its now 60 lvls and the expansions dont really matter outside the current one. Alot more inviting.
    All zones already have some sort of scaling anyway so I can't imagine they even have to do much.
    Nice for alts too.
    Little risk, possible great rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    An arbitrary number, I have no qualms as long as I can still solo earlier content.

This is going to suck. Big time. Seriously, leveling is going to be painful as heck. Think about it. We have 6 expansions, 7 if you include the original game, worth of content to level up through. Each expansion had 5 - 10 levels worth of content spread through out multiple zones up until recently.

Right now, you can easily go 4-5 levels without a single item upgrade. With the way scaling works, you get weaker each level since the mobs get stronger, but your stats go down due to how they scale and require more to see any increase.

I can easily see someone going from 1-25 or higher without any item upgrades. All the while, you will continuously get weaker and weaker as the mobs get more stats, but you lose stats.

Not to mention how they are going to have to handle leveling content. Its going to have to basically be level anywhere, anytime.

It can't be to combat ilevel bloat. Why? They control that! They could simply stop increasing it so darn much to ensure the squash lasts more then an expansion.

The way I see it, this is just another bandaid fix for the larger issue at hand. Their inability to go beyond certain numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you do realize it gonna take aproximately the same time from 1 to 120 as 1 to 50 after the squish yeah ? So if you level to 120 now and get squished to 50 or level from 1 to 50. Its the same. You are not saving any time by waiting
    Pretty sure going from 10-50 will take about as long as each expansion took to do the new 10 levels. Half the point is to make leveling a lot faster. So if anything waiting to use the boost is actually a bad thing since leveling a new character at that point will be much quicker anyway. Might as well just enjoy the new 120 now.

He didn't say a level squish. He said the Shadowlands would be 50-60. Meaning you get scaled down to 50, level to 60 within it, but are still 120 outside of it.
    You are reading it wrong. This image breaks down the text they say. So we are getting a level squish and no we won't be 120 outside Shadowlands.