Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Jailer is Diablo or theres going to be some connection there.

Has to be the maw~
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That would unironically save this expansion in terms of story for me.
    Agreed. Best thing to happen in the story for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ke'lThazud was a Lich. He had a phylactery. He is still alive on Azeroth somewhere, or he might be the Jailor. Personally I'm wondering if Ner'zhul is the Jailor cause he was the original Jailor of the Damned, and we know what feasting on souls can do cause of Gorefiend.
    Kel'thuzad's phylactery was missing upon his second defeat, the only details we have on what happened to him are rumors that he might've gotten trapped in the Shadowlands, but no official Blizzard information on him since Naxxramas' fall in WotLK.

Ner'zhul was the soul in the Helm of Domination that was merged with Arthas' soul to create the Lich King, and then merged with Bolvar's soul upon him taking the helm. I'm assuming Sylvanas' little death magic on the Helm was to separate Bolvar from Ner'zhul so that she could destroy the helm without killing him, why she cared to not kill him? Hell if I know, but any assumption of Sylvanas' motives at this point is a good one. Maybe she sees him as a useful tool to send more souls to the maw (seeing as he becomes leader of the death knights and him and the death knights assist us in going to the Shadowlands), obviously without him any the wiser.
    "You are not real of a man."
    -random Jarvin IV player

They talk about Anima is basically the life force of the Shadowlands and how greater/stronger/important souls, even mentioning Arthas. I bet that when Arthas' soul came into the Shadowlands he had an extreme amount of Anima because of his history/past.

The Jailor probably was able to grab him before he was judged and locked him up and is using/used his Anima to grow in power over the rest of the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Arthas is the Jailer.
    Yes, Arthas is the Jailer who is older than the Titans.

Lolwut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    There's no proof of anything because the concepts introduced literally happened today. This universe isn't real - it's a work of fiction. And it's very prone to retcons.

It's pretty likely that Arthas is in the Maw based on the description of said Maw as the shadowy place the worst people go. That's all we know.
    Additional continuity that doesn't contradict what came before is not a retcon.

Its Addcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Its Addcon.
    There's some problems with it, though. The Shadowlands was originally described as a "nightmarish realm of death and decay" in Chronicle Vol 1, designed specifically as a bible for the lore that clarifies prior information. This new expansion setting is fine with me, but it is a retcon in terms of how it is inferred from that information. Sylvanas going there in Edge of Night, unless the Maw has been the only thing having souls funneled to it since before Wrath, also can be interpreted as questionable without a retcon, as it implies that she is worse than Kael'thas before BFA. That seems suspect, since Kael literally enabled the coming of the secondary leader of a crusade to obliterate creation. Although the way they described it in the What's Next panel, the implication is SYLVANAS was the reason all souls are going to the Maw anyway. :/

So yeah, there's reasonable suspicion for some retcons. It's not necessarily a dirty word if it gives us an interesting setting. But it really looks like it contradicts prior facts.

He's 100% in the Maw. Can't fucking wait.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Ion... we're going to the Shadowlands.

You think he's gonna be in the Maw? Or is he one of those that will redeem themselves in the same zone that Kael'thas is in?
    I bet he is his scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ke'lThazud was a Lich. He had a phylactery. He is still alive on Azeroth somewhere, or he might be the Jailor. Personally I'm wondering if Ner'zhul is the Jailor cause he was the original Jailor of the Damned, and we know what feasting on souls can do cause of Gorefiend.
    But why would he have Sylvanas break the helm of domination if he is the helm of domination? You'd think having Bolvar and Sylvanas would be better than just Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh, that buggar is in the Maw. But forget about him. Where's Kel'Thazad?
    We never found his phylactery after Wrath, so he's still out there.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Lolwut.
    They said Shadowlands are older than Titans not it's occupants.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I wonder if Vindicaar is there...
    The Vindicaar is not alive and therefore can't die or go to the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Hell, he dropped the darn thing both times we killed him in Naxxramas. It's even explicitly the reason he's back in WotLK..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenram View Post
    Kel'thuzad's phylactery was missing upon his second defeat, the only details we have on what happened to him are rumors that he might've gotten trapped in the Shadowlands, but no official Blizzard information on him since Naxxramas' fall in WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Not dead. His phylactery is somewhere out there still
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We never found his phylactery after Wrath, so he's still out there.
    At least two people held onto theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's in the Maw. Arthas, Garrosh, hell, even Deathwing all seem small potatoes that are not worth the space in the Maw. Na, that bitch is reserved for Old God levels of baddies. I fully expect us to see C'Thun, Yogg, Y'as, and N'Zoth in there. Arthas, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Revendreth. He's got all sorts of shit to repent. Garrosh should show up in Maldraxxus. If ever there was an indomitable spirit, it was he. I could see Neltharion, free from the corruption that drove him mad, in Ardenweald as he WAS the Earth aspect...though perhaps not.

Although, they said the Maw consuming ALL the souls was a recent development. How recent? Nighthold? Halls of Valor? Argus? It's obvious Sylvanas burned Teldrasil to fuel the Maw, so it had to have started in Legion.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, Arthas never did anything wrong, he actions were always righteous. He was corrupted by something far bigger than any human kingdom at that time, is not like he choose his path, he was walked into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    are we really going to be running into all these old characters in the maw or are people just trolling?

Lolwut.

- - - Updated - - -

Its Addcon.
    The Arbiter =/= The Jailer

I think that Arthas was inside the Helm of Domination, and as such, he might have just vanished, if not, he is in the Maw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Sorry can someone tell me what this "Maw" is ? is it the same as the frostmourne room you get teleported to?
    It's one of the zones in the shadowlands.

It's the place where the vilest of souls get sent.

Formerly known as Arafal