Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well..still better than Anduin and Calia..

I rather stick with old characters rather than new no-soul Golden children.
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-11-02 at 08:33 AM.

Its only getting better. I hope she stays at least for few more xpacs. I love when haters cry about her.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    At least Sylvannas is doing something new.
    Yeah, she's destroying whatever consistency was left in the lore. That amounts to something, I guess.

She was a boring character as soon as she met the end of her Warcraft 3 run and was pushed into WoW. It has only gotten worse and worse, since they insist on pushing her, crowding out other, far more interesting characters and subjects.

Still kind of excited for the coming expansion, though.

definitely.

waste of good looking cinematics.

the last one was a game over for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Her opening up the Shadowlands was reminiscent of Illidan bringing Argus to Azeroth.
    Argus was a freaking garbage in one patch same as Nazjatar.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    She creates a lot of nerdrage so no, I think she's awesome. I hope she one shots Jaina next.
    Agree with this.

I hope she turns out to be the savior of Azeroth, and i know for a fact most of my friends agree with me

100% sick of this trash fucking character. The entire cinematic was some twilight zone fanfic type shit. It's the most disliked cinematic for good reason, it was garbage.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

I hope she never goes away, practically the only interesting character/faction leader left on Azeroth (except maybe Wrathion), everything else is passive/boring/Bainduin

love her nerdrage inducing, LK-owning power-up too

also I wanted Shadowlands since forever and now we have it thx to her

Slyvanus got the most plot armor out of anyone. It's quite disgusting how coddled she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Slyvanus got the most plot armor out of anyone. It's quite disgusting how coddled she is.
    Lol they’re not gonna kill off a character who both has a huge fanbase and hatebase. It’s common sense. Keep around the character who turns people into salt mines to rage all over the internet while her fanbase brings in the $$$$. The amount of people who care about the lore in Wow is not very high. It’s background noise.

Copying what I commented on reddit:

I mean... yes... THEORETICALLY it kind of makes sense... Bolvar never got to use the Lich King's power in combat, he uses his abilities rather randomly and without greater plan, in the fight he gets outsmarted rather than overpowered - he completely ignores the arrows not expecting them to become a problem (chains), dispells the remorseless winter thinking he already crushed sylvanas with a boulder, giving her full vision of the situation instead... and yes, this is the exact way Arthas was defeated - made unable to move, and then attacked directly.

However, on practical level... its lame. Lich King, NOT BOLVAR, is such an awesome character. Meanwhile they completely removed him from equation before the expansion ever started. And the Helm of Domination is no more, meaning there won't be another Lich King again. The story that was extended at the end of WotLK ended today, and it seems there was no point in extending it at all - Bolvar didn't do absolutely anything in these years after WotLK. The DK campaign could happen the same way without him.

It also KIND OF retcons the Chromie scenario. It is set in the future farther than we are now, yet the Lich King seems to be operating normally there. UNLESS the expansion ends with forging new helmet, as a way to seal the gate to Shadowlands again.

Adding to that: later, it came to my mind, that maybe (one can dream) Bolvar got separated from the Helim in this way because Blizzard actully DID want to do something with the Lich King story in the future, but Bolvar as a character just didn't fit into this. If Bolvar retained his goals from WotLK, then Lich King would never do anything anymore, because the goal was simply to hold Scourge in check. On the other hand, if Bolvar's personality completely changed, and Lich King would start doing something with the Scourge again, it wouldn't be Bolvar, but some other character that just looks like Bolvar, which would require explanation, and would still most likely be weird. What's more, with knowledge that Helm of Domination makes everybody evil, there would be no way to replace the Lich King again, as the story would just keep repeating, and never reaching conclusion - pointless.

This of this - destruction of Helm opened the gate to Shadowlands. Expansion obviously will need to end with us closing that gate back. How do we accomplish this? Of course, there could be some weird mechanism in Shadowlands that allows this. Or... most obvious solution... recreating the Helm of Domination, and creating the Lich King again. We can't do that now, because nobody knows how. However, knowledge how to do so can very well exist in the Shadowlands. After all, its the Shadowlands' power that it channels.

Recreating the Lich King also solves the plot hole of the Scourge. We were told, and Ion repeated it during presentation (meaning they are not going to retcon it) that without Lich King's control Scourge becomes more dangerous than ever, and is going to rampage around the world. For this, there is no obvious solution. If we just stomp the full power of the Scourge into ground, then Blizzard admits they fucked up the whole ending of WotLK and decided to ditch it. Not a good move. And even if we manage to "just" hold it in check with pure might, it just means there is going to be endless war against the Scourge in the future, because undead do not tire and do not retreat, and they will be attacking forever and ever. Obviously, we also can't "just lose". So what do we do? Again the only good path... seems to be recreating the Lich King.

Another important element of this story... is Arthas himself. For people that didn't watch "What's next" panel at Blizzcon - at one point Ion was describing how souls that get into shadowlands all carry this life force called "anima", and how the amount of anima that soul carries depends on the "greatness" of that soul. Not on good or bad, says Ion, but on what that soul has achieved in life - he cites specific examples, saying how souls like Uther or Garrosh had great amount of anima (Uther confirmed to be present in the expansion) and... "Arthas certainly the greatest". Now, why would he suddenly mention Arthas? He didn't mention him at any other point of the presentation. Obviously Ion knows whole story, and I think he kind of "slipped" - Arthas WILL be present in the Shadowlands expansion, but his role is important to the plot so Blizzard didn't want to reveal it yet. Nevertheless, there isn't a huge number of important lore characters that DIED - and of those, Arthas is certainly the greatest. It would be an absurd waste to create expansion about Afterlife, and not include Arthas in it.

So, counting 1+1... Arthas playing role in next expansion, and Lich King's position being vacant and in need to replacement. There is huge potential here. I know there is a significant amount of players that are against bringing back ANY of characters, but on the other hand there is a lot of newer/younger players that just want good characters in the story. Do we sacrifice another person to the throne... or do we put Arthas back on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Lol they’re not gonna kill off a character who both has a huge fanbase and hatebase. It’s common sense. Keep around the character who turns people into salt mines to rage all over the internet while her fanbase brings in the $$$$. The amount of people who care about the lore in Wow is not very high. It’s background noise.
    Seeing as how the cinematic is the most disliked wow cinematic ever, I'd say people do care. Of course nothing bad will happen to Slyvanus. She's completely covered in plot armor. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Seeing as how the cinematic is the most disliked wow cinematic ever, I'd say people do care. Of course nothing bad will happen to Slyvanus. She's completely covered in plot armor. LMAO.
    LMAO 23k dislikes

I only get bored because we never get to see the endgame or motives.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like her neither.

But... I'm glad it's rather sylvanas+death+ghosts+Shadowlands theme than wotlk 2.0. With the lich king...that would have been a skip expansion for me
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

The salt people have is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    A little? No, not really. A huge fuckton? For sure. And that's coming from someone who liked her a lot, all the way since W3 to about mid-Legion/BfA. But the way they're making her to be literally the most powerful character in history of WoW, completely invincible...yeah, boring.
    My exact feelings. Parts of the WC3 FT campaign that I liked to play a lot were the sylvanas mission actually

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Normal pattern on this forum

"I am bored with Thrall"
    "I am bored with Dragons"
    "I am bored with all the Fel"
    "I am bored with Sylvanas"

Honestly..when do you see her? In cinematics or when she gives you a quest. Whoop-dee-doop. I am more bored with camping rares on my alts. I definitely see Nathos face more than Sylvanas.

So what, she drives the story...something she didn't really do much for 13 years (unless you talked to her occasionally as an UD in your questing). I doubt there is a middle way, because other leaders like Baine and Vol'jin were killed when they still had potential aka "Too soon"

I am sure in 2 years you will be bored with all the...shadow?
    I mean that’s a pretty hostile retort to me. I don’t often get bored of characters in wow, for instance in the latest expansion I loved Jaina’s BFA story. I always loved Gul’dan as a bad guy and craved more, I’m not going to sit here type how much I love this and that though. It’s my personal opinion that Sylvanas has power crept a little too high, her character was of suffering and with that brings great character traits. But when she’s walking solo to ICC, killing a whole army and then defeating the Lich King without even breaking a sweat it doesn’t just belittle the whole of the Lich King story of the past. It just turns me off on her as a believable fantasy character, even if she’s been fed death steroids they have done a poor job of explaining it.

Look back at how Arthas transformed from a lowly Paladin, to a powerful Death Knight of the scourge and finally they shows him climax in becoming the Lich King. That as a player and someone who loves the Warcraft story is great, we get to live it. Sylvanas hasn’t had that story, no visual adjustments, nothing. Suddenly she’s on the level of a god.

Yes. I'm already fed up with her. Blizzard has ruined the Forsaken by putting her at the center of everything that happens to them.