Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1:45 in the gameplay trailer looks like a female barbarian to me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Non-caster ranged, definitely. I'd prefer amazon over demon hunter; the latter is such a trash class with a trash design. Not too fussed about the other one and I'm open to something new or something old, but I've always been big on the classic paladin. Not the over the top crusader mind you, but the real OG paladin from the mean streets of Kurast.

If I'm right and they want to create a game for the oldschool D2 crowd, then I can't see them not pull a Paladin and an Amazon.

The question is if there are any problems with the lore now. Because if we go by that we can't have an Assassin, right? Only those edgy Demon Hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    They mentioned that there were specific character customizations, a little menu popped up and showed 4 choices for the Barb when they showed it. My assumption would be that Sorc/Amazon may be gender locked because that's the Lore, but classes that aren't lore specific one gender will have choices.
    None of the classes are gender locked. Male options were shown for Sorc as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    If I'm right and they want to create a game for the oldschool D2 crowd, then I can't see them not pull a Paladin and an Amazon.

The question is if there are any problems with the lore now. Because if we go by that we can't have an Assassin, right? Only those edgy Demon Hunters.
    I hope Paladin is one of the first 5. None of the current interest me that much, but if I HAD to pick one of the 3 I'd go with Druid.

There was a crossbow in the Unveil panel, so one of the other 2 classes is definitely ranged. Fingers crossed for Amazon.

No genderlock, also one of the two not shown classes are Amazon (What would be the male alternative to that?). The missing one is either necro or paladin for sure.

After seeing the three in action and knowing a bit more about the lore, I do not expect to see a Paladin or Crusader type class. The game takes place decades after D3, millions have been slaughtered by heaven and hell before heaven shut its gates. Religions are in disarray and have formed schisms. So a holy warrior type, unless added later as from a group in hiding nor something, I doubt.

I do believe we are getting a non magical ranged, Amazon/ranger/hunter/demon hunter. And possibly a necro/occultist magic-melee type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    There was a crossbow in the Unveil panel, so one of the other 2 classes is definitely ranged. Fingers crossed for Amazon.
    Unless there ate male Amazons it's doubtful. However they could create a class that plays similar that isn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fractured peaks talks about devout monks inhabiting the area. So monks could be a class.
    Dry steppes talks about Barbarians but also ruthless blood mages. So maybe a blood mage but I bet those are more the enemies.
    Hawezar seems to be the Amazon home but also talks about witches and curses. Maybe the witch doctor or a related type of class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Fractured peaks talks about devout monks inhabiting the area. So monks could be a class.
    Dry steppes talks about Barbarians but also ruthless blood mages. So maybe a blood mage but I bet those are more the enemies.
    Hawezar seems to be the Amazon home but also talks about witches and curses. Maybe the witch doctor or a related type of class.
    How boring. So we are getting Diablo 3 classes minus the Druid.

They are showing they have balls by making this game the way they do so far. Go full balls mode and make it unique and different from Diablo 3 with the classes.

My gut says Amazon for sure, and while I think I'd like the Paladin, probably the necro to round out the 5.

Was hoping we would have more than 3 classes to start, but looks interesting. I’m kind of upset that, so far, the Druid appears to shapeshift based on the attack and not a full time switch. There’s also no werewolf yet, so that makes me sad.
    I’m pretty positive they will bring an Amazon/Assassin style back at some point, and probably either a Necromancer or something new. Definitely picking up a D2 feel from the class announcements so far, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. D2 has been my favorite so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    who fucking cares. Druid is back bby

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Sorcs and barbs are strong and clear representations of fantasy game class archetypes, so presumably they will be in d4 as well. DH is a bit more of a twist on the typical archer archetype, but probably will also be in the game as is. There will for sure also be a summoner class.
    Looks like I was on the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    After seeing the three in action and knowing a bit more about the lore, I do not expect to see a Paladin or Crusader type class. The game takes place decades after D3, millions have been slaughtered by heaven and hell before heaven shut its gates. Religions are in disarray and have formed schisms. So a holy warrior type, unless added later as from a group in hiding nor something, I doubt.

I do believe we are getting a non magical ranged, Amazon/ranger/hunter/demon hunter. And possibly a necro/occultist magic-melee type.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless there ate male Amazons it's doubtful. However they could create a class that plays similar that isn't.
    And this is exactly why Paladin makes sense, a holy warrior that realized prayer doesn't work anymore goes on a mission to re-open Heaven's gates and bring light into Sanctuary again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Was hoping we would have more than 3 classes to start, but looks interesting. I’m kind of upset that, so far, the Druid appears to shapeshift based on the attack and not a full time switch. There’s also no werewolf yet, so that makes me sad.
    I’m pretty positive they will bring an Amazon/Assassin style back at some point, and probably either a Necromancer or something new. Definitely picking up a D2 feel from the class announcements so far, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. D2 has been my favorite so far.
    Except you see the werewolf in the gameplay, also they said in the Unveiled panel that you can choose to stay in the same form forever if that's your spiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    And this is exactly why Paladin makes sense, a holy warrior that realized prayer doesn't work anymore goes on a mission to re-open Heaven's gates and bring light into Sanctuary again.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you see the werewolf in the gameplay, also they said in the Unveiled panel that you can choose to stay in the same form forever if that's your spiel.
    Good to hear. I’ve been at a different convention and missed most of the news and picking up things here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I could see that if it weren't decades after. I think many would have lost faith if the heavens refused to answer after that long. It would be nice since Paladin is my favorite archetype in fantasy. Still holding out hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    We will have 5 to start. Does no one delve into the info before making assumptions? Seriously, I'm not attacking you, but this info was widely available to those without the virtual ticket shortly after the panel. Just like it's a new engine, and that it's not coming out anytime soon. You know because it is a little over a year into it's development.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I could see that if it weren't decades after. I think many would have lost faith if the heavens refused to answer after that long. It would be nice since Paladin is my favorite archetype in fantasy. Still holding out hope.

- - - Updated - - -

We will have 5 to start. Does no one delve into the info before making assumptions? Seriously, I'm not attacking you, but this info was widely available to those without the virtual ticket shortly after the panel. Just like it's a new engine, and that it's not coming out anytime soon. You know because it is a little over a year into it's development.
    As I explained to someone else, I am at a different convention right now and my current info is limited as I am skimming thru different sources and mainly going by video reveals. The video I saw only shows 3 characters and even with the video I missed the part where the Druid was in wolf form.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO, for the last two classes...

It seems we have basic caster, high damage melee and shifter.

The obvious choices, to me, are Tanky melee, and non caster ranged.

So given how they've gone quite old school with the other three, I'm guessing we'll get Paladin and Amazon.

Barb seems ALL about the weapons, no shields. So Paladin will be ALL about the shields, and maybe some healing too. Smiteadin 4.0 Inc!

Then, for Amazon, they'll be all about bows and spears. Bows will be fast light attacks, while spears will be slower but hit FAR harder. Amazons will also have crazy high mobility. Lots of rolls and dashes etc.

Can't wait!

Sadly, we're going to have to. I'm guessing Overwatch 2 will roll out Q4 2019 or Q1 2020. Shadowlands will be Q3 or Q4 2020. Then D4 crawls in at Q4 2021 or Q1 2022.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Only thing I’m a tiny % not thrilled with is how the druid while in human form looks just as big as the barb.
    I initially thought he was the barbarian, when I first glanced at the character select screen.

Since they seem to be going in the direction of "D2, but with better graphics", I'm betting the remaining classes are all just going to be re-imaginings of the original D2 classes, as well.

Have they mentioned at all what happened to the nephalem from D3?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I'm not sure, if people noticed blizzards d4 site.

https://diablo.blizzard.com/en-us/classes/druid

It shows that tehre will be werewolf shape too. From the short video, it seems like it isnt neccessarily even short buff, like it seemed with bear in the release video which made druid seem like barbarian.