Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best: Focus on class identity and design (new abilities etc.)

Worst: No new class

Best: Hard to tell for now, need to see what they are talking about today.

Worst: Sylvanas being a major plot device in this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are people so upset about level squish? It's relative anyway, we get stat squishes every or two expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best:
    Leveling both new expansion and new leveling experience.

Worst:
    Sylvanes as a major part of story.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    The levelling stuff and the character customisation features are so far the only features which excite me, to be honest.
    I want to add the vampire zone to this, but otherwise same here. Shadowlands would be a fucking amazing patch. Not sure about expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Worst:
    Oh yes. Definitely. Fuck that bitch.

Best: Leveling revamp

Worst: To much new lore theres definitely going to be clashes with existing canon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Best:
    Leveling both new expansion and new leveling experience.

Worst:
    I wouldn't worry to much. As she takes her place along side Garrosh and Gul'dan we can assume she wont make it much past 9.1

Best: No Tinker / no new class
    Worst: The community and their unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Best: New player experience(customization options, dk options, level squish)

Worst: allied race, class, class skin, 4 spec. None of these happened

Shadowlands seems very light on features, but the panel gives me some hope that those little will be done well. Shadowlands will either go down in history as the expansion that pushed wow in the right direction and saved it, or the final nail in the coffin. This will be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Best: New player experience(customization options, dk options, level squish)

Worst: allied race, class, class skin, 4 spec. None of these happened

Shadowlands seems very light on features, but the panel gives me some hope that those little will be done well. Shadowlands will either go down in history as the expansion that pushed wow in the right direction and saved it, or the final nail in the coffin. This will be interesting.
    Well, with the sudden change of rhetoric from Ion, one would expect the former, the team finally learning how to design games and how to keep people interested for more than 1 month.
    A cynic in me, however, says that Ion pushed his little act too far for it to be honest. I mean, nobody calls his own work "shit" so blatantly. Furthermore, the team already had a few very good ideas which they managed to fuck up dearly because... Yeah, nobody knows why. Probably because they themselves did not come up with them, but just grabbed stuff from YouTubers and Twitch streamers...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I think this is more correct than we want to admit. I can't be the only one that interpreted the cinematic as blizzard toying with us as the viewer/player with the whole "in case of emergency break glass" meme and the LK at first leading us to believe that the lich King is back in the beginning of the cinematic when he stands up and changes colors, but then quickly showing us how far we've come in the past 10 years by having Sylvannas whooping his ass and taking his helmet off quite easily, then they purposely paused to let us believe that she was gonna become the new lich King and the major baddy of the expansion, but then in a big "fk your expectations" moment she destroyed the helm along with the fabric of reality.

I may have read too much into it but it was awesome nontheless
    That's a great strategy you have there... The customers hate us for Hong Kong shit, the other customers hate our games for N reasons, people have no faith in the team or the company anymore... Let's toy with them a bit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Best: Level Squish/No more AP-farm/Sylvanas plot thickens.
    Worst: Crybabies on MMO-C.
    Yes, yes. Anybody who disagrees with your opinion of the game is a crybaby and basically they should get a life etc right? How insecure in your own opinions are you, mate?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you think the design team creates the game with knowledge of real life political events such as Hong Kong in mind I don't know what to actually tell ya lol. Nevermind that this cinematic was probably created before that nonsense took place...Now I'm not saying my little analysis is remotely close to being correct, but cmon man damn lol
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough it seems.

Point is, Blizzard is in a rather shitty place as a company all things considered. The dev team is well aware of it, they are probably being reminded of it everyday by some ratty looking manager. Do you really believe that they are in position to toy with their customer base the way you described? Nah. There is nothing so laid back or cool to it. They are desperate and they need to build up a ton of hype. So they basically took the characters people are/were passionate about and put them in the game. Of course main writer waifus Sylvanas so she's still like... a Naruto-level villain.

5+ Year Old Account
    Best: New customiastion options
    Worst: Whole expansion

Best: new zones with long gone characters that we like

Worst: how Bolvar was wrecked without landing a single hit in the cinematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Best is the level squish and player customization options.
    Worst is yet more Banshee Queen and no new player races or allied races.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Best: leveling revamp, class identity, potential ‘depruning’ of abilities, aesthetics, especially of the necrolords zone, the castle raid, the tower, the shattering of the helm of domination and the shattering of the veil in the cinematic

Worst: not sure yet, covenants could turn out well, could turn out shitty if they don’t implement it well. Also Bolvar getting his ass handed to him was a letdown, even though Sylvanas has been empowered by thousands of souls fed to the Maw
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-11-02 at 12:10 PM.

Community: "Fix your game before adding new features! Fix your classes before adding new ones! Give more character customization to existing races! Bring back legendaries without the RNG! Remove AP grind! Make leveling seem meaningful! Tone down gearing RNG!"

Blizzard: "Hey we literally adressed every single problem you ve had in the last 2 expansions and will continue to adress this based on your feedback"

Community: "WtF bLiZz WhErE iS mY nEcRoMaNcEr!!11!!! ShItTy ExPaNsIoN"

BEst : Cinematic

Worst : Everything else

The worst will be the covenant class abilities because everyone know what will happen

One covenant ability will be BIS for that spec or class and people will get kicked from raids or M+ groups for not having that . Then if there is no way to change covenant , they will stop playing that carachter and switch. And as soo as they do Blizzard will re balance the covenant talents again and the process starts all over. Its a giant fucking headache waiting to happen , It is the Legendaries all over again
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-11-02 at 12:31 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Best: The art direction. Blizzard has a very talented creative team.

Worst: Everything else.

Me deciding which covenent to pick

it gave me an autocorrect spelling too, im a true normie who dosen't have time for that

Best: Alleged alt-friendliness and all that

Worst: Covenant abilities

We'll have to see what comes around with all their class changes, rng removal and alt-friendliness promises this time around as it's been the 500th time they promised us shit which they usually just don't deliver.

Covenant abilities seem horrible. It'll be an absolute balancing nightmare. Everyone who's somewhat competitive will be playing the same Covenant because there's just gonna be 1 that's clearly better than all the others. And then 6 months later they'll nerf that into the ground... but you can't swap them, because that's not thematic n shit - a stance on which they will backtrack 1 year later, at which point covenants are just gonna be completely whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Best: No Tinker / no new class
    Worst: The community and their unrealistic expectations.
    same (10 chars)

Best: Alt friendlyness.

Worst: Seems to be another xpac based on cost effective development (rehashing and old stuff in new packing). Mantra: „Invest lowest possible effort and get the most profit out of it“.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Community: "Fix your game before adding new features! Fix your classes before adding new ones! Give more character customization to existing races! Bring back legendaries without the RNG! Remove AP grind! Make leveling seem meaningful! Tone down gearing RNG!"

Blizzard: "Hey we literally adressed every single problem you ve had in the last 2 expansions and will continue to adress this based on your feedback"

Community: "WtF bLiZz WhErE iS mY nEcRoMaNcEr!!11!!! ShItTy ExPaNsIoN"
    They didnt address anything yet, WTF you talking about . We have no idea if they fixed the classes, seems like they have done the pruning again and kept the ridiculous GCD changes. Anima is the new AP grind . And just because they sai dthey made leveling meaningful doesnt mean they have. All thats been said so far is they made it faster . And where did they say RNG was toned down?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Best: Alt friendlyness.

Worst: Seems to be another xpac based on cost effective development (rehashing and old stuff in new packing). Mantra: „Invest lowest possible effort and get the most profit out of it“.
    You know they are going to put more and more items in the cash shop. New mounts to buy every other month! Ar races to buy! Reputation to Buy! Cash shop Transmog Items !
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam