Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Also... Finally matching faces for dark skin, no more super tanned caucasians as the default XD
    I almost spit my drink out! It's so true. "Dark" human options looking some some beach bro took too long in the tanbed.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Not the brightest bulb in the box, are you?
    So are you not able to point to it as well?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Not the brightest bulb in the box, are you?
    He's not wrong. Stormwind humans aren't European. The setting is somewhat inspired by medieval Europe, but it's so far removed and fictionalized that we really don't need to jump through hoops to rationalize humans looking like humans in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    He's not wrong. Stormwind humans aren't European. The setting is somewhat inspired by medieval Europe, but it's so far removed and fictionalized that we really don't need to jump through hoops to rationalize humans looking like humans in Azeroth.
    There is no point in rationalizing the game when we cant die and just return to our corpses, yet every main story char actually dies.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm still curious about the lore explanation for Asian humans.
    Does it need to be explained? "There were always black and asian looking people...they just never had models before". Done.
    I think the more simple the explanation(or better yet, none at all) the better.

Sometimes stuff is better left unexplained. I mean, look at Boba Fett and Wolverine...when they got explained, the back stories SUCKED!

Plus if it's left vague it leaves wiggle room for roleplayers to do what they do, and doesn't impact the rest of us.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So your logic is because one race has brown skin all races need to have brown skin?

Never said that.

I'm still curious about the lore explanation for Asian humans. The roleplayer in me is going insane keeping track of all these retcons.

That said, I suppose this is a good kind of retcon, and I'm always for more customization options. But where did they come from? Alterac? Dalaran? Those are the only two human kingdoms I can think of that don't have an ethnic group attributed to them.
    You are brave to bring this up. I've seen a lot of people do this only to be called 'racist' just for wanting continuity. Nobody seems to under stand that specific features, skin, eyes, hair, etc are tied to specific regions based on things like evolution etc. People who don't care about the story/lore will just tell you to shut up when in reality you're asking a fair question. The bottom line is I don't really think they care enough to explain that and it's just something we'll have to head canon as always being there. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter all that much and it will be nice to have different looking faces.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

I mean, I think if I was black or asian (or whatever they will also implement) I would be happy for those extra customizations, especially the asian part, considering humans didnt offer that yet despite us being in 2019 with every gender and right mattering or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

I'm still curious about the lore explanation for Asian humans. The roleplayer in me is going insane keeping track of all these retcons.

That said, I suppose this is a good kind of retcon, and I'm always for more customization options. But where did they come from? Alterac? Dalaran? Those are the only two human kingdoms I can think of that don't have an ethnic group attributed to them.
    This is why I can’t stand role players.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Can you point to Stormwind on a map of Europe for me? I’m a little dumb and can’t find it.
    I saw someone say that adding in ethnicities bothered him. Nah, adding in people that aren’t white bothers him. Every single person who is actually bothered by blizzard making humans look more human is racist. Idgaf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I was talking about goblins in that post not humans, but don't let that stop you
    Yes my bad, I quoted the wrong person initially. I was referring to the one who needs detailed explanations for why black and Asian people exist in game but is fine with white people.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I saw someone say that adding in ethnicities bothered him. Nah, adding in people that aren’t white bothers him. Every single person who is actually bothered by blizzard making humans look more human is racist. Idgaf

- - - Updated - - -

Yes my bad, I quoted the wrong person initially. I was referring to the one who needs detailed explanations for why black and Asian people exist in game but is fine with white people.
    Your political agenda is blinding you to the fact that this is a fictional world rooted in European medieval myths. Do you protest the lack of diversity in Asian/African/Indian fantasy and myths?
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.