Thread: Diablo 4 is d3

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Fully agree. D3 itemization was horribly simplified and looking at items in D4 is even more worrying.

Where are D2 items with minimum 5-6+ properties?
    This was also my main point of criticism, items look terrible. However, given the fact that trading returns, items have to be more random with more stats or there's no point in trading. I'm just writing this down to being really early game play footage, and they haven't really thought about itemization yet. Cause right now, no matter how cool +1 to all equipped skills is, 500 Attack and 7% cold damage isn't going to make anyone excited. Itemziation needs to be like D2/PoE, not D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This was also my main point of criticism, items look terrible. However, given the fact that trading returns, items have to be more random with more stats or there's no point in trading. I'm just writing this down to being really early game play footage, and they haven't really thought about itemization yet. Cause right now, no matter how cool +1 to all equipped skills is, 500 Attack and 7% cold damage isn't going to make anyone excited. Itemziation needs to be like D2/PoE, not D3.
    I disagree. As a long time Diablo veteran and ARPG player, nothing is more unsatisfying than tons of useless stats on items that drop. I prefer it being simplified like this. Maybe keep Str, Dex, Int like in D3, but again it's literally the same thing and when trading the items are useless for non users of the main stat. This way all items are useful to everyone unless there is a class/ability/element specific affix on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hot take but the little they showed did like it was just a D3 xpac.
    They showed Characters throwing around some Skills, and Traveling, this would look like ANY Top Down Action RPG. Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I disagree. As a long time Diablo veteran and ARPG player, nothing is more unsatisfying than tons of useless stats on items that drop.
    In D2, a lot of stats were only useless for specific classes. FCR was useless for melee, but every caster wanted it. OTOH, life and mana steal didn't do any good for the caster types, but any melee wanted them. Resists were good for anyone, while specific +fire or +cold damage aren't gonna be useful for any build not based around those damage sorts. There were a handful of stats useful to anyone(vita, faster run/walk, FHR) which lead to most character sorts gravitating to the same sort of gear(stuff like HotO, CoH, Shako, etc for casters, melee usually going for stuff like Fort, Grief, Gore Riders).

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Mixed emotions on D4.

Wasnt impressed by the fluidity of the animations.Looks awkward like PoE

Graphics are very average and did not look pleasant, more like a game from 2008.

Art style is also questionable, its just not polished imo. Does not look like something i would wanna come back over and over again to.

Diablo 3 had more hype and was a more epic announcement imo.

I also think Diablo 3 looks better atm.

Lets hope Diablo 4 can bring some nice pvp and open world features.
    In what way? The colors and such? Because the characters and effects look like shit compared to the what D4 showed..

Also, feels like this is very early.. Like last years drama kinda rushed them to slap something together. Probably will look better later on
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

It does look like a reskin. At least from my first impressions it did, anyway.

Looks like they threw it together AFTER the Diablo Immortal outrage, not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Same graphics, same everything with skills and classes mirrored to D2 so far. Well they covered up the sorc so she doesn't show skin in d4. So this is basically a relaunch of d3?
    Go buy yourself some glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    It does look like a reskin. At least from my first impressions it did, anyway.

Looks like they threw it together AFTER the Diablo Immortal outrage, not before.
    It has been known for a while that development on D4 was scrapped and restarted.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. As a long time Diablo veteran and ARPG player, nothing is more unsatisfying than tons of useless stats on items that drop. I prefer it being simplified like this. Maybe keep Str, Dex, Int like in D3, but again it's literally the same thing and when trading the items are useless for non users of the main stat. This way all items are useful to everyone unless there is a class/ability/element specific affix on it.
    Well to each their own. I prefer the way D2 did it over D3. And if trading comes back, and we get D3 itemization, then there's no point in trading.

A main stat by class (str, dex, int = power for a specific class) is something inherited from WoW and is very bad itemization. They should get away from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same engine? Probably, but definitely not the same graphics.
    Imo, D3 with a darker experience and some more depth in the endgame would be fine by me. That and new content, not an abandoned game after 6 months.

Well to each their own. I prefer the way D2 did it over D3. And if trading comes back, and we get D3 itemization, then there's no point in trading.
    I look at it from this example from D3. I typically played Barb or Crusader. My wife was typically a Wizard or WD. So whenever she got something good she couldn't use it was pointless to trade to me because it didn't have Str, and it was really pointless to change int into str and wast the enchantment slot on the prime stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look at it from this example from D3. I typically played Barb or Crusader. My wife was typically a Wizard or WD. So whenever she got something good she couldn't use it was pointless to trade to me because it didn't have Str, and it was really pointless to change int into str and wast the enchantment slot on the prime stat.
    That is okay, but it doesn't really do it for inter player trading. It's a start but it's not enough in my opinion. Even Diablo 1 had more interesting items than we've seen so far in D4. I agree just introducing useless stats just to make items more random isn't the way to go, but rares need to more diverse than they are now. Perhaps PoE is too far over the top, but D2 is a good measuring stick in my opinion.

That is okay, but it doesn't really do it for inter player trading. It's a start but it's not enough in my opinion. Even Diablo 1 had more interesting items than we've seen so far in D4. I agree just introducing useless stats just to make items more random isn't the way to go, but rares need to more diverse than they are now. Perhaps PoE is too far over the top, but D2 is a good measuring stick in my opinion.
    That's fair. However I do like the ease of instantly tellig if an item is a power increase or not. Secondary stuff like crit, more skill points, and other's are more for individual character customization that hopefully they will add more to.

It looks like a re-skin with a new name and shading turned on.

To the people saying "no rainbows" you actually do not know if there is a rainbow level as it was hidden in D3 as well. Also the lack of this level doesn't make the game great.

D3 would have been fine if it had taken the D2 talent system and a few other things. However D4 (rumor so far) looks like they took the talent tree and other things about D2 (I hope paragon is no more) and applied it to D3.

I don't see a "new game" I see D3 "done right".

That brings me to my final point. If this is D3 remade why in the hell is it taking so long to get back out. I mean they said they stopped development on D3 after ROS.
    Cmon now op even i know how to count to 4 it's part 4 not 3 silly.

Quote Originally Posted by khaedar View Post
    Same engine? Probably, but definitely not the same graphics.
    Imo, D3 with a darker experience and some more depth in the endgame would be fine by me. That and new content, not an abandoned game after 6 months.
    It isn't the same engine though, you can visibly see it and they even mentioned it being a "new engine".

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It isn't the same engine though, you can visibly see it and they even mentioned it being a "new engine".
    yep!they did say that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    yep!they did say that!
    They also said there were making a game called Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Was this during the actual presentation? I've only seen the trailers and do not recall the new engine mention. A new engine is cool, especially considering how fluid combat is in d3.

Actually no. They were working on a game that internally was called project Titan. Regardless, D4 is a new engine, and Titan was a game being made that was cancelled. They are not going to cancel D4 or reboot it using the D3 engine.

7+ Year Old Account
    What does titan have to do with anything here?

Formerly known as Arafal