Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blizzard opening with an apology

Was in my opinion a great way. They didn't have to, they know they've did some fuck ups. We're all human.

I thought it was a nice from them, what did you guys think?

Last edited by Tyze; 2019-11-02 at 01:01 PM.

Enforces what rational people already concluded while the ones raging will probably still go on raging. Apology was in order to clarify things, but it didn't give any new insights, to me at least.

an apology for all the shit they did only to release another one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragers are gonna rage.
    Otherwise yeah, it was good of them to address this head on. I didn't expect them to be as direct about it as they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CscJ58tRcEo

The comments say everything about the apology.

"Didn't address the action, the place, or anything"
    "PR stunt"
    "This isn't an apology"

They screwed up, and while the small but vocal voice of some people here support them overall their actions have been seen in a large negative way from not just our gaming community but other gaming communities and people outside the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    An apology is worthless when you don't mean it.
    Exactly. This apology was done only because of the bad publicity they received, otherwise they were quick to try and appease their Winnie the Pooh overlord and his loyal minions.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2019-11-02 at 01:01 PM.

I thought it was good. A lot of people will say they just did it to try and regain faith or as a PR move, but frankly they didn't need to do it. Sure a few people might be boycotting them, but most people just want to play the games they own and enjoy themselves. I doubt this has had any effect on their actual business and they could have just ignored the whole thing and moved on.

The fact they didn't and they admitted to a mistake and said sorry in a very public and personal setting, shows me that they do actually care about what happened. It wasn't just a "Oh well, someone reacted a bit quick", but a genuine, we're sorry and we'll try to do better. Whether it'll actually make any difference I don't know, as many of the "fuck Blizzard" people are just hating them for the sake of it right now, I doubt they actually care what Blizzards views really are, that isn't as edgy or "woke".

7+ Year Old Account
    An apology is worthless when you don't mean it.

What apology? All I heard was a guy vaguely talking about something that, if you didn't already know it, you'd have no idea what he was even talking about. He didn't even acknowledge or apologize or do anything of the sort.

And yet it fools people like you OP, into thinking it was anything lmao
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. but as much as a fanboi I am I aint gonna pretend it fixes it. Blizzard left a stain on their reputation and its a stain they can scrub away at but its going to be there forever. I feel bad for all the developers and and those at the bottom who protested risking their jobs who had no say in this and I am happy too see that BlizzCon was respected towards those people.

As for the high brass at the top like the CEO's investors and publishers in their suits counting the money and who didn't attend BlizzCon because they don't give a shit about games I say fuck 'em.. They'll make some other shitty discussion then put the lower grunts in the line of fire again.

Meanwhile Goblin Kotick can go fuck a goat.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-02 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You aren't going to like how this thread goes....
    That's fine. To be honest i'm tired of hearing all the shit from the community.
    If people don't like Blizzard and complain about their games, I dont understand why they are on this forum

was nothing to apologize for, meh

It was definitely an apology but he didn't commit to making any changes, so people are unhappy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    What apology? All I heard was a guy vaguely talking about something that, if you didn't already know it, you'd have no idea what he was even talking about. He didn't even acknowledge or apologize or do anything of the sort.

And yet it fools people like you OP, into thinking it was anything lmao
    I don't know, maybe the part of "I'm sorry, we failed."?

Come on

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    If people don't like Blizzard and complain about their games, I dont understand why they are on this forum
    Wait, the threshold for posting on this forums should be to "like" a greedy corporation AND to not have any complaints about the product you consume? Sounds like you just want fanbois sucking each others metaphorical dicks on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Wait, the threshold for posting on this forums is to like a greedy corporation that lost its backbone AND to not have any complaints about the product you consume? Sounds like you just want fanbois sucking each others metaphorical dicks on here...
    Did I say anything about not having complaints?

I can't say that I didn't mention anything of that, maybe try and read again

I mean, it was your typical PR blabbering. It sounded fake, and nothing really came from it (like unbanning the guy, returning him his reward or... doing anything at all for that matter). It was more or less - "Yeah, we're very, very sorry, now please go buy our stuff, ok? We just want to make some money over here, come on!"

It reminded me very much of that South Park episode when BP was constantly spilling oil into the ocean and they went to TV each time with romantic "We're sorry!" spots.

Was the Apology weak? Yes.

But he went out on stage and admitted they fucked up. This is as close as we can get to a CEO eating crow and he said they would do better next time. He didn't have to address it at all and just let it sweep under the rug.

So personally I am fine with the Apology. If something pops off again and they show they didn't learn from this at all then ya fuck Blizzard. But I am ok with giving them one more chance since they decided to address it at the start if their biggest event knowing the risks that would bring.

But like I said the Apology could have been much better tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a nice from them, what did you guys think?
    Asks for opinion then is tired of hearing shit from the community. Seems that the only opinion you wanted to hear was positive opinions.

As I said earlier, outside of the small vocal supporters on this forum and some other places they screwed up big time. Look at the apology likes/dislikes, look at the media attention, look literally anywhere and you can see how they screwed up because they were so quick to make Winnie the Pooh and his loyal minions happy.

As for why are people upset and here? Kind of simple, the same reason people get mad at the game. WoW has always had AMAZING potential, and people got upset when that potential wasn't even close to being met (WOD, BFA). So they are vocal about it. Same thing with this. I absolutely love Blizzard, they have produced amazing games, characters, lore, merchandise, and an amazing community. It is sad to see they do what they did and then offer a "PR apology. Being honest like "We reacted quickly as we were worried about upsetting our Chinese playerbase" and flat out admitting why they did it would have been a good start at healing up that public image. However due to profits they didn't, and that is why you see people being upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But he went out on stage and admitted they fucked up. This is as close as we can get to a CEO eating crow and he said they would do better next time. He didn't have to address it at all and just let it sweep under the rug.
    I firmly believe that out of everyone there he was the one who drew the short straw and had to apologize

I feel bad for the devs being caught in this situation that obviously they have no control over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Did I say anything about not having complaints?

I can't say that I didn't mention anything of that, maybe try and read again
    I literally quoted you when you said: "If people don't like Blizzard and complain about their games, I dont understand why they are on this forum" That means you dont want people who complain about Blizzard's games on this forum. What exactly did I miss?