Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more funny then anything. If a game needs a level squish then it's been going on way to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    Level squish sucks. I don't know why it is needed.
    They had to included a level boost with the game in Legion/BFA because new players are not willing to level all the way to max to get to the content they bought the game for.

It was a problem that they are aiming to fix by level squishing and allowing you to go from 1-50 in a single expansion (from what I understand)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I think it's more funny then anything. If a game needs a level squish then it's been going on way to long.
    WoW is 15 years old.
    That's a lot for a videogame.

But why would Blizzard stop if millions of people still want to play it?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I see no hate anywhere. What are you talking about?

@MasterHamster

But thats not the squish's fault That was a design decision they took to counter the "outleveling of the zones" amongst other problems.

I just want to make it clear that we lose nothing BECAUSE of the level squish.
    And IF WE DO lose something, is not the squish's fault per se. Is the fault of Blizzard's reworks on said expansion and new tier of contents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    WoW is 15 years old.
    That's a lot for a videogame.

But why would Blizzard stop if millions of people still want to play it?
    I would say they should take the risk and stop with wow and make a new mmo. They don't know how to write for the warcraft world anymore. Everything should end at some point because if you don't you become family guy or the simpsons.

This whole argument is just "why not just make 10 louder?" "but these go to eleven". Some of the arguments against level squish sound like parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I would say they should take the risk and stop with wow and make a new mmo. They don't know how to write for the warcraft world anymore. Everything should end at some point because if you don't you become family guy or the simpsons.
    Just to lose 15 years of progress to start all over again with the same shit. Sure mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So Blizzard is going to use the level squish to "make every level more impactful", in an environment where you STILL never need to actually become more powerful in order to succeed anyway. You don't need better gear when leveling, you barely even "need" talents. And this is the arena where they are going to streamline leveling down to this monstrosity? I wonder how long it'll take before someone realizes that "expansion x is 20% faster overall" and the "well you can always choose [slower option] anyway" arguments start rolling.
    Dunno about the "Old Content", but the new Content doesnt level with you. You will again get the Classic "Start here" zone, and have Fixed levels there.

They might do this for OldContent, but it doesnt really matter.
    The Idea to get something every level, makes leveling much more Enjoyable, even if you just plow through it. On the Other hand, the idea is (Probably, in my Opinion) mainly for new Players, who might probably wont plow through the EasyMode.

I don't understand why do some people want a level squish but I also don't understand why some people do not want it. It is literally cosmetic.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Just to lose 15 years of progress to start all over again with the same shit. Sure mate.
    Not saying it wouldn't be a risk but hey some things go on way to long.

People are just dumb man.
    It's the same people that get mad at smaller damage numbers.
    low IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    The worst to come from this is not being able to solo Legion mythic raids. 8)
    How so? They said that old content will be farmable and everything pre Shadowlands will be level 50 content, therefore even BFA mythic should be farmable. This is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't understand why do some people want a level squish but I also don't understand why some people do not want it. It is literally cosmetic.
    We don't need a level squish, we need leveling to feel more in place with how the game's played, i.e. endgame focus. The main goal is to reduce the amount of time spent leveling whilst also giving people the opportunity to fully level through an expansion without out-leveling it, in other words they need to reduce the experience needed to level whilst opening up all content for any level.

If they do this and don't reduce the amount of levels, we will literally be dinging every 2 minutes and getting nothing for it every time, it just won't feel good.

"WAHH WAHH STOP HAVING OPINIONS THAT I DON'T LIKE"

nice thread, OP

If anyone's uneducated, it's people like you, who claim how it's the best thing to ever happen to this game, while also simultaneously saying how number doesn't matter. Judging by your excitement for the squish, I guess it DOES matter, huh?

Also, you're focusing solely on the number, completely ignoring a lot of more practical aspects of the squish. For example, how will it affect farming old dungeons/raids for transmogs? How will it affect flying? Some expansions you can level without flying pretty well, while others...not so much. Having flying too early would make things too easy, having it too late would make it too much of a hassle. What about leveling dungeons? If I like zones of one expansion, but dungeons of another, choose the expansion to level in for the zones, can I still run dungeons of other expansions?

Claiming squish is "just a number" is simply ignorant, and, as someone in this thread said, "uneducated".
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

The only argument that makes sense for squish:

"I don't like bigger numbers"

So, what's your point?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Im an sort of annoyed because it is an RPG, an I've been playing since the end of 2004, and leveled tons of alts. I like the high number. It shows this is how many levels I earned. Now with the squish, the total numbers of levels will about about 1345 levels less. That is a LOT. I don't like that at all. I know we don't lose any power or strength and such.

However I'm not going to scream and quit over it. I'm certain there will be addons that will display your "Proper" level so no it's really nothing to be enrageed about.

Though I do find it quite funny that the player base has been so adamant that classic is 100% failthful with no changes, but most people like the idea of level squish on retail.
    Last edited by MyCorpse; 2019-11-02 at 01:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited to create a new level 0.5 character, lol

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to make leveling shorter as well, Ion said going through one expansion is enough to get you through 10-50.
    How could you hate that?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    What in the hell even is this post?

How are you capable of typing so much but saying so little?

Thinly veiled hate bashing towards people with difference of opinion. You could have easily just said "I don't agree with people mad at the level squish" instead of feigning a sense of higher intelligence and attempt to belittle those you feel are "uneducated" since they like bigger numbers. Using a real life example of your home country to further your point in attacking other people doesn't help prove your point.

It proves you're an asshole.
    Have you not seen the wave of people complaining about the level squish based on completely false arguments?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    It's going to make leveling shorter as well, Ion said going through one expansion is enough to get you through 10-50.
    How could you hate that?
    I'm happy that I can avoid some expansions now.. leveling in Outland is hell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    If anyone's uneducated, it's people like you, who claim how it's the best thing to ever happen to this game, while also simultaneously saying how number doesn't matter. Judging by your excitement for the squish, I guess it DOES matter, huh?

Also, you're focusing solely on the number, completely ignoring a lot of more practical aspects of the squish. For example, how will it affect farming old dungeons/raids for transmogs? How will it affect flying? Some expansions you can level without flying pretty well, while others...not so much. Having flying too early would make things too easy, having it too late would make it too much of a hassle. What about leveling dungeons? If I like zones of one expansion, but dungeons of another, choose the expansion to level in for the zones, can I still run dungeons of other expansions?

Claiming squish is "just a number" is simply ignorant, and, as someone in this thread said, "uneducated".
    Those are worries to have IF the squish is badly done.
    The thing is, Blizzard already proven to us numerous times they can do squishes without losing any power.

But what was promissed by Blizzard was a "squish".
    If the squish is well done, we lose nothing.

I dont quite understand how "flying" has anything to do with the squish. Some zones you can fly, some you dont...make your decision.