Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Best: Reduced RNG

Worst: Sylvanas and lack of a new class

Art by draken4o

Best: Torghast (at least on paper) since I'm a fan of roguelike dungeons

Worst: Covenant abilites, as they will basically pigeonhole you into a certain covenant instead of truly giving you a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They didnt address anything yet, WTF you talking about . We have no idea if they fixed the classes, seems like they have done the pruning again and kept the ridiculous GCD changes. Anima is the new AP grind . And just because they sai dthey made leveling meaningful doesnt mean they have. All thats been said so far is they made it faster . And where did they say RNG was toned down?

- - - Updated - - -

You know they are going to put more and more items in the cash shop. New mounts to buy every other month! Ar races to buy! Reputation to Buy! Cash shop Transmog Items !
    They said depruning in the pannel. We ll see about that today so I m holding on to this as well. Anima is not the ap grind. Anima is just what the soul power is called. They said they would not have any AP grind. Grinds will exist but not the AP style grind. MMOs need some grind. RNG is being toned down. You can now chase for a specific legendary and craft it through doing stuff in Thorghast. Weekly loot chest now has a choice between 6 items instead of getting one random one. Crafting now has controlled stats through gems as materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    They said depruning in the pannel. We ll see about that today so I m holding on to this as well. Anima is not the ap grind. Anima is just what the soul power is called. They said they would not have any AP grind. Grinds will exist but not the AP style grind. MMOs need some grind. RNG is being toned down. You can now chase for a specific legendary and craft it through doing stuff in Thorghast. Weekly loot chest now has a choice between 6 items instead of getting one random one. Crafting now has controlled stats through gems as materials.
    You should know by now that Ion is full of lawyer speak. Anima will be the new Ap. And he is correct in technically its not a AP grind its a new one...ish All this so far is just talk, just like before every other expansion. Time will tell if they stick to this but the track record is not in their favor. Look at Warfronts
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much. As she takes her place along side Garrosh and Gul'dan we can assume she wont make it much past 9.1
    I'll believe it when I see it. Gul'dan had the good sense not to be a constant presence, and neither AU Gul'dan nor Garrosh were pushed so hard that multiple powerful lore characters completely jobbed out for them in one-sided bulldoze fights. Hell, Gul'dan lost every fight we saw him in. On top of this, Sylvanas has, since BFA prepatch, been painted out as some hyperintelligent, nearly-omniscient figure who's so smart she's 50 steps ahead of everyone, with a complex interweave of plans so thorough that even a major setback ultimately does absolutely nothing to impact her progress--not even being publicly outed and abandoning her position as Warchief made any meaningful impact on her plan.

Sylvanas's writing smacks of being a smart person written by an idiot, because to an idiot, smart people are indistinguishable from wizards.

And at this rate, I would be amazed if players had any hand in her comeuppance--if that comeuppance ever happens. Players fought Garrosh and Gul'dan, but in both cases a lore character swooped in at the last minute to steal the kill. With Sylvanas, either she'll asspull another convenient escape (and continue with her plans like she didn't receive a major setback) or just as players are about to get their pound of flesh for all the shit she put us through, someone will come in and "subvert expectations" by oneshotting her, establishing themselves as the new super galaxy brain 7000D chessmaster whose grand plan goes off without a hitch. Because if there's one thing the writers like doing, it's reminding us that we're all gormless lobotomy-patient retards in the presence of our brilliant chessmaster nemesis, so anyone who kills her is obviously even smarterer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 10.0 cinematic was her swaggering and smirking about like an absolute ponce on a high horse made of douche while the writers have the entire Titan pantheon job out for her.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-11-02 at 01:29 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I have the most hope for the palace of the dead like feature. Hopefully the implementation is better than island expeditions.

I am most disappointed by the lack of a new class or new specs for existing classes.

That said, I definitely would like more details around the unwinding of the skill prune. This could be a win, but feels underwhelming as an expac eature - "here have back some stuff we took a way from you a couple years ago"

Best: Covenants. And Kael'Thas. What they did to him in Burning Crusade was unforgivable. It could still be shittly done, but at least he has a chance to be a real character this time.

Worst: Sylvanas. At the beginning of BFA, I was pretty on board with her. At the time I tought that was she was showing us what happens when you really want to win a war, that the honor fetishism doesn't make sense when confronted to the realities of war.
    But that wasn't what Blizzard was trying to do. Because apparently she just wanted and still wants to kill everyone on Azeroth, for reasons. I don't know what Blizzard is trying to do and I don't care anymore, it clearly already don't works, whatever the reasoning behind her motives. Just make her a raid boss and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They didnt address anything yet, WTF you talking about . We have no idea if they fixed the classes, seems like they have done the pruning again and kept the ridiculous GCD changes. Anima is the new AP grind . And just because they sai dthey made leveling meaningful doesnt mean they have. All thats been said so far is they made it faster . And where did they say RNG was toned down?
    I mean, Ion was quite vocal about toning down on RNG with crafting and legendaries. Classes and GCD changes are this game's least problems... The entire design philosophy is wacky at best... It needs a total change of direction and what they've shown... they didn't show anything yet, but I don't hold my breath. Things they teased are too little and too late to make a difference.

best: the general adressing of problems that are long overdue, like ap grinds or frustrating rng
    worst: seems somewhat bland at first glance. And ofcourse yet more sylvanas....

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    Worse: Sylvanas, i am so sick and tired of her, the fact she seems to be so important Really ruined the whole cinematic for me.
    Yes. This. A billion times, yes. EVERYTHING else about the expansion looks incredibly wonderful. But I was DEVASTATED to learn that the insignificant, evil scum was allowed to escape justice YET AGAIN. She needs to go away forever.

Best: It's not ICC/WoTLK #2
    Worst: Not enough dungeons. Wasn't happy to hear about the few 5 player dungeons, but sort of glad they have them broken out into leveling/end game.

So Sylvanas focus seems to be universally disliked. Everywhere I go it’s one of the major complaints about Shadowlands. I think Blizzard expected something else.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Best: tower of the damned
    Worst: no dark rangers/necromancers

Best: Revendreth. Love that gothic vibe.

Worst: Torghast. Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne were dull content, I don't see how the concept could be better in WoW. Blizzard's track record with randomly generated content isn't good either.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I am very confident in them thank you.

Any other questions?
    Yes, three.
    1. Why, after all their fuck-ups, you are still confident in them? If your girlfriend/wife let you down so many times, would you still trust her?
    2. Why so naive?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Worst: Torghast. Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne were dull content, I don't see how the concept could be better in WoW. Blizzard's track record with randomly generated content isn't good either.
    They somehow had to reuse Island Expeditions. Plus players seemed to love Mage Tower so we get an Island Expedition Tower in Shadowlands!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Best: The concept and the overall look and feel of the expansion thus far.

Worst: No new class.

Best: no high elves or Tinkers
    Worst: don't know yet, haven't played but I pre ordered based on my previous point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    Yes, three.
    1. Why, after all their fuck-ups, you are still confident in them? If your girlfriend/wife let you down so many times, would you still trust her?
    2. Why so naive?
    You are missing a question.

Gonna cheat here.

Best(2): Leveling overhaul and character customization improvements.

Worst: Not an announcement, but the fact that the most exciting content for me is just overhauls of old stuff, not new stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Best: Character Customization
    Worst: All the rest

Dishonorable Mention: The shitty manga fairies
    Last edited by Anoikis; 2019-11-02 at 07:48 PM.