Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Asks for opinion then is tired of hearing shit from the community. Seems that the only opinion you wanted to hear was positive opinions.

As I said earlier, outside of the small vocal supporters on this forum and some other places they screwed up big time. Look at the apology likes/dislikes, look at the media attention, look literally anywhere and you can see how they screwed up because they were so quick to make Winnie the Pooh and his loyal minions happy.

As for why are people upset and here? Kind of simple, the same reason people get mad at the game. WoW has always had AMAZING potential, and people got upset when that potential wasn't even close to being met (WOD, BFA). So they are vocal about it. Same thing with this. I absolutely love Blizzard, they have produced amazing games, characters, lore, merchandise, and an amazing community. It is sad to see they do what they did and then offer a "PR apology. Being honest like "We reacted quickly as we were worried about upsetting our Chinese playerbase" and flat out admitting why they did it would have been a good start at healing up that public image. However due to profits they didn't, and that is why you see people being upset.

I firmly believe that out of everyone there he was the one who drew the short straw and had to apologize

All I'm saying is that its a bit tiring hearing the same stuff everytime.. People wanted an apology, now yes you can all have your views on what's an apology or not. But "We're sorry" is an apology, what else did people want if its not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I literally quoted you when you said: "If people don't like Blizzard and complain about their games, I dont understand why they are on this forum" That means you dont want people who complain about Blizzard's game on this forum. What exactly did I miss?
    I was quoting the other dude, the main point of this thread is their apology to the community. They didn't have to do it, yet they did. I think it was nice from them that it all.
    Me thinking that all the complaints are annoying is another thing.

I have plenty of complains, but I dont complain for the sake of compaining which the majority of the people here tend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I firmly believe that out of everyone there he was the one who drew the short straw and had to apologize
    Likely cause his last PR move was a joke and also because hes the head guy at Blizzard.

To me some of the Apology felt legit and some felt like a PR move, So it was a mixed bag. But like I said the fact he even acknowledge it at their biggest event with all the risks that had. I have to give him props for doing that.

At this point its a wait and see on how Blizzard acts.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I don't know, maybe the part of "I'm sorry, we failed."?

Come on
    Can you please give a few details on what he is talking about, is this about diablo immortal?

I'm not sure what he's apologising for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    An apology is worthless when you don't mean it.
    Who determines if they did or not? No apology is worth anything if you still go with what you've decided is the truth...

He sounds deeply sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Can you please give a few details on what he is talking about, is this about diablo immortal?

I know people act dumb just to act dumb, but it's quite obvious when he talks about expressing themselves about anything at any time at any place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I feel bad for the devs being caught in this situation that obviously they have no control over.
    100% this

I know what it's like to work for a shitty company who does shit things, I work for Amazon.

When I saw the devs protesting that made me happy but also worried, there were plenty who were too afraid they'd lose their job if they did protest. IF that's the mentality within your own company that's unhealthy...

I don;t blame the devs and no one here should either. And if anyone is saying "well they should leave" can go fuck themselves, people who were laid off from Blizzard months ago are still trying to find work. The video game industry is not a revolving door of opportunity.

i agree! the apologize felt honest and that was like a great opening for me, he said they rushed and had no opportunity to listen to feedback and they failed. That's what he apologized for and i accept his apologies. Coming up on a open ceremony apologizing was the bravest thing blizzard could have done in a long time, recognizing you failed is a major step on the right direction to redeem and come back to their standards that they ignored.

Watch the clip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Blizz has admitted they fucked up many times. Nothing changes. I'm not going to hold my breath that this weak shit is anything more than an attempt to pander.

Thats fine! I agree with that. An apology is nothing without actions and changes.
    However, in an Blizzcon opening they havent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Who determines if they did or not? No apology is worth anything if you still go with what you've decided is the truth...
    Because after what happened and what they did just saying sorry means nothing. Lets see them do something about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    From my PoV... It would be better if Blizzard China apologized, because... well J. Allen speaks not the first time, when Blizzard China said something about that guy (guys) they were cold, deadlike, without any kind of emotion. When Allen speaks I believe he means it, he tries to be honest.

But Blizzard China and Blizzard EU/US are not the same from my pov, its like two different companies. One is always heartwarming the other was so cold.

So I dont even know...
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I was quoting the other dude, the main point of this thread is their apology to the community. They didn't have to do it, yet they did. I think it was nice from them that it all.
    Me thinking that all the complaints are annoying is another thing.

I have plenty of complains, but I dont complain for the sake of compaining which the majority of the people here tend to do.
    So, what you really mean is that youd prefer everyone here complain about the thing your complaining about, while at the same time chastising those who voice their complaints... were back to sucking each others dick, only now youve added a layer of hypocrisy..

Seeing how he said the Heathstone event, Its clear what he was talking about.

There is not accepting a Apology and then there is just being ignorant just for the hell of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz has admitted they fucked up many times. Nothing changes. I'm not going to hold my breath that this weak shit is anything more than an attempt to pander.
    This is the only time they have fucked up this bad.

There is a bit of a difference in fucking up cause they didn't listen to feedback from a PTR and this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

An apology would've included an admission of wrongdoing and the fact that they are incorrect on the issue.

They didn't acknowledge that, they just said it was handled poorly. A real apology would've involved rule changes (or hell, even no rule changes given their supposed company policies on inclusion) and revoking all punishments on all players affected beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Because after what happened and what they did just saying sorry means nothing. Lets see them do something about it.
    Like?
    I mean they openly joked about people already demonstrating about it and they clearly didn't shut them down or threw out Winnie the Poo cosplayers. Already sounds to me they are doing what they talked about supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    So, what you really mean is that youd prefer everyone here complain about the thing your complaining about, while at the same time chastising those who voice their complaints... were back to sucking each others dick, only now youve added a layer of hypocrisy..
    I do not.

IM personally tired of it, people can complain all they want. I AM tired of seeing the same complaints all the time. I take them with a grain of salt.
    I dont understand why people are on this forum since its mainly a Blizzard forum when they are tired of Blizzard and their game or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    An apology would've included an admission of wrongdoing and the fact that they are incorrect on the issue.
    Actually he did just that.

He literally said they messed up and acted way too fast.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-11-02 at 01:25 PM.

And they haven't been dealing with active protests during a BlizzCon before. You're really desperate to love Blizzard and make sure everyone else on here does too... You might want to examine why that is.
    I mainly play Blizzard games. I've been extremely disappoined with some of the stuff they've done. But I want to acknowledge when they actually do some things right too.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

They didn't acknowledge that, they just said it was handled poorly. A real apology would've involved rule changes (or hell, even no rule changes given their supposed company policies on inclusion) and revoking all punishments on all players affected beforehand.
    He literally said "We acted to harsly and quickly in one instance and not quick enough in another". How is that not admission of wrongdoing?

Just because you draw the line with them changing rules doesn't mean that's the only way of admission. I personally find the rules to be fair and should exist in any entertainment event... I also think they acted too harshly and quick and apology was in order.

While it was obviously waaaay too late, they actually even admitted that. I think in that regard they did right to adress it off the bat and suitable capacity (I wanted to know about new shit, not how they keep failing at basic PR).

My reception is neutral tbh, only way to get a postitive one from me would have been to just come out and say "to enable our games reaching players in fascist regimes, we are forced to play ball with their sensibilities and rules" that would still have left out the greed part, but acknowledge that china is a shithole, but that is just how the world works. That is the line between reality and PR bullshit I would be willing to settle on. The way they adressed it was sufficient for PR bullshit I guess, but still omits the reality.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.