Poll: How dissapointing was the blizzcon trailer for you?

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    Well at least someone is having good time with that lackluster trailer
    No, it was pretty cool.
    You're just jaded.
    The features added look promising, the trailer was pretty sweet, just wish Bolvar was a better LK.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

I really like how the poll is oriented from the start lol !

3 answers are "bad" one is "meh" and one is the only one positive and is volontarily grossly exaggerated to make the people choosing it look silly !

Haaaa, seriously, MMO champ and his professionnal whiner community is always awesome =)

Pretty hyped for it, looks like a good expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play WoW anymore, and won't be coming back either.
    But I think that story-wise it seems kind of interesting, even if the story has long gotten more and more ridiculous. Gameplay wise it is just another expansion, same old things and nothing interesting from what I've heard yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Wod trailer was great. Too bad the actual play wasn't.
    The actual gameplay was second only to MoP. The only thing WoD lacked was quantity of content, which to a lot of people is the only metric they use, which is insane to me.

OT: Shadowlands actually sounds like it's addressing a ton of the complaints I've had about the game, although I'm pretty sure it's too late to actually bring people back who quit because of AP, legendaries, azerite etc.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-11-02 at 11:58 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

what does you ppl have with your new class fetish ?

its the same BS in another packing. a new class will be also based on the same builder/consumer pattern as every other class. they have already done ANY mechanic on the other 36 specs. so we talk solely about gfx.

and even if not. most ppl do not stop playing their main and have ZERO value of a new class. also blizz, which are not able to balance 36 specs, have 2-3 specs more that influences balancing.

i dont get it. i, personally, trade a new class against NO RNG and playable alts EVERY FUKIN DAY !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very disappointed. Obviously the big one for me is the lack of a new class. While my preference is the Tinker, the fact that there is no Dark Ranger or Necromancer class was absolutely shocking to me. Allowing more races to be Death Knights is no substitute for a new class.

The lack of zones was also surprising. Pandaria had 7 zones, and looked far more cohesive and organic. The Shadowlands look like a mishmash of different expansion concepts.

Finally, I'm not a fan of the Covenant system.

In the end, this expansion reminds me a lot of WoD, so it'll be the first WoW expansion I won't be buying. Further, I won't be surprised to see those on this forum talking about how Blizzard will finally be able to "fix" the classes, complaining about how broken the classes are in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    I really like how the poll is oriented from the start lol !

3 answers are "bad" one is "meh" and one is the only one positive and is volontarily grossly exaggerated to make the people choosing it look silly !

Haaaa, seriously, MMO champ and his professionnal whiner community is always awesome =)
    thought exactly the same. i searched for „hey, xpac seems ok. not best in the world, but good ideas. its fine“ option. instead i can choose in the mid field between „i am hyped as hell“ and „BS filler xpac“.

what a fucked up poll.

7+ Year Old Account
    WOW... already... you already starting this?
    At least wait for more info from panels... srsly why you play this game?

This is easily the least excited I have ever been for a WoW expansion. The theme means nothing to me. I don't care about the Shadowlands and I think the lore in general is just a mess. Ultimately it comes down to me being disappointed in so many expansions and having to wait a year for them to fix things and make it good. All the systems in the world don't mean anything if every 3 months or so we get a gear reset.

The level squish means nothing really and for someone like me who has been playing so long and is over leveling alts it means even less. I don't know all we'll do is max out and start doing dailies again then start farming mounts and other collectables. The treadmill is worn and old. We need a new game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    I mean they stated they want to move away from the AP grind concept, make classes less bland and reduce RNG (e.g. weekly chest) and then you go on mmo champion and you have rocket scientists complaining that it's only four zones and that they didn't introduce the 13859135th class. You deserve everything that's wrong with BFA.
    They always promise big ideas at Blizzcon. It's a sales show. Then we start beta see how screwed everything is complain, they stand firm, then in a year after release they do what we asked for in beta. It's the same routine every time.
    Last edited by Gasblossom; 2019-11-02 at 12:12 PM.

8th thread on this, i see why alot of people are dissapointed, they basically abandoned the old RPG lore, but i mean ever since wod the lore has been screwed, i personally am very interested in the new lore with cosmic forces and gods, but i understand its a far cry from the lowly adventurer in classic. Hey as everyone who hates this expac keeps reminding us, thats why they have classic servers to play on instead

The fight was dumb. Sylvanas visibly has 3 arrows left in her quiver when she reaches the top of Icecrown. Why didn't she bring a fuller quiver? Who knows. There's Bolvar and like a hundred fodder undead. She somehow kills all the little guys. We see her execute one (seemingly the last one) with an arrow to the face. Bolvar is seen with 3 arrows stuck in his body. Not sure where she got an extra arrow but whatever. Bolvar throws debris at her. Sylvanas grabs the one arrow out of the defeated undead to defend herself with and fires it to split the debris. Sylvanas can go incorporeal so this is kind of wasting an arrow but she kind of gets it where it's apparently needed anyways so whatever.

Sylvanas is now visibly out of arrows. Bolvar responds by summoning an ice storm, something vaguely akin to Howling Winds.

So here's my thing. You can summon storms of ice and wind. Maybe MAYBE you should have done that at the start of combat since your only opponent is an archer and arrows typically don't do well in blizzard conditions. But okay.

Quick little melee happens in the storm. Bolvar dismisses the storm so the audience can see what happens (because there isn't any other reason for him to do so, he's established that he can fight in the ice better than she can). Bolvar is revealed to be chained by the arrows.

Bolvar responds by...flailing his hammer at one of the chains and grunting in frustration when it doesn't break? Instead of....I don't know, maybe pulling the damn arrows out since they appear to be the root of the magic and he's undead so he is in literally no danger of bleeding out from an arrowhead's wound channel?

And then Sylvanas stops his last hammer swing with...magic.

Ugh. The Genn / Sylvanas fight was waaaaaay better / more convincing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    You know tYpInG lIkE tHiS isn't an argument nor does it make you look smarter than anyone
    My argument is below that, and it doesn't make me look smarter but it does make the whiners look stupid

The individual features all seem fine on their own, but collectively feel somewhat underwhelming for an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    The fight was dumb. Sylvanas visibly has 3 arrows left in her quiver when she reaches the top of Icecrown. Why didn't she bring a fuller quiver? Who knows. There's Bolvar and like a hundred fodder undead. She somehow kills all the little guys. We see her execute one (seemingly the last one) with an arrow to the face. Bolvar is seen with 3 arrows stuck in his body. Not sure where she got an extra arrow but whatever. Bolvar throws debris at her. Sylvanas grabs the one arrow out of the defeated undead to defend herself with and fires it to split the debris. Sylvanas can go incorporeal so this is kind of wasting an arrow but she kind of gets it where it's apparently needed anyways so whatever.
    well archers currently have unlimited quiver so

And then Sylvanas stops his last hammer swing with...magic.
    didn't that chain stop his attack???

either way, the fight was horrible.

I'm pretty excited for it, honestly. It seems like a "fix our shit" expansion, which I am all for. But as far as the theme itself, this looks like an awesome expansion. I really hope they explain why Sylvanas is so powerful, because right now it is a little jarring.

I am pleased but I don't think it's just filler. Do people think that because there is no new playable class or race? Would BFA or WoD be considered "good" if monks and demon hunters were added in those expansions instead of mop and legion?

I like that it seems as though they are solving problems without reinventing the wheel as much as some of the other big shifts in design.

I'm reserving judgment. I've been trying to come to terms with the cinematic because I've been over Sylvanas since Cata, but she just keeps becoming more and more prominent each expansion, while becoming increasingly inexplicably OP, and able to do whateverTF she wants with zero consequences. It's not only old it's been decomposing. So, my faith in the storyline is low, especially since I doubt Blizzard will allow her to be killed, even though I would otherwise be excited with the return of Bolvar and hopefully a centric focus on the Ebon Blade (<3 all things DK).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They retconned lore to say that the Helm and Frostmourne were made in the Shadowlands, when we all know they were created by Sargeras, who is the creator of the Lich King. That's a huge no-no for me.

And then the Covenant system is a more rigid, worse version of Azerite traits. There's literally no change to classes at all, the talent system is the same and the new stuff is all chained to Covenants, which work like Aldor/Scryer, so you just won't ever be able to easily change specs in Shadowlands because the traits are only good for one spec and not all; however you will have to change specs because the dev team will continue to willy-nilly gut specs just like in BfA.

That is the main reason I'm not gonna touch Shadowlands with a 10 ft. pole. I am honestly exhausted of the horrid class design in BfA and I'm not gonna put my hard-earned money into an expansion that is only gonna bring more strife. Sure, it's all good for the people Preach talked about in his last video, the casuals who only play previous expansions for xmog and other cosmetics, but I like to progress through current content and doing that in Shadowlands is going to be a freaking nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm reserving judgment. I've been trying to come to terms with the cinematic because I've been over Sylvanas since Cata, but she just keeps becoming more and more prominent each expansion, while becoming increasingly inexplicably OP, and able to do whateverTF she wants with zero consequences. It's not only old it's been decomposing. So, my faith in the storyline is low, especially since I doubt Blizzard will allow her to be killed, even though I would otherwise be excited with the return of Bolvar and hopefully a centric focus on the Ebon Blade (<3 all things DK).
    Shadowlands is Sylvanas' getting Kerrigan'd, nothing more. After she is shown to have been right all along and is redeemed we're all gonna go fight the Void under her leadership.
    Ew.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the people that are disappointed for w/e reason, I'd suggest patience. It's bad enough that people are already bashing the early alpha demo of Diablo 4. But if a few highlights and short cutscenes are enough to disappoint someone in a game, I think folks have lost perspective. We basically just got a very high-level summary of the storyline of the expansion and a few minor mechanics details. If you're at Blizzcon, try the demos and fill out cards giving constructive feedback. But to complain about an expansion after little more than a cutscene and basically the info you'd get off the back of a videogame cover, that's too premature to even be constructive.