Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    An underrated comment. Kudos.
    I am fairly certain the Jailor will be something obscure we’ve heard of already, but nothing we’ve ever seen.

By the way, any former (orrrrr current, who knows) EverQuest players get a SERIOUS Plane of Justice vibe from the whole Jailor of the Maw thing?
    Former EQ player. Kind of get the vibe. Are you thinking of the Tribunal?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If he's like the other Covenants he's probably as old as the Shadowlands.

Mueh'zala I bet is one name he's known by
    Exactly. Hell, the outline of the npc is obviously a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You are confusing the Arbiter with the Jailer. It has been stated by Ion (and take this with a grain of salt, because any lore can and will be retconned at the drop of a hat) that the Arbiter is an ancient. Not a single word I have seen has been said about who, or what, the jailer is.
    Enough has been said about it that it wouldn't make much sense for it to have only arrived there in recent years.

That doesn't leave many people we know of, and nobody we fought in WoW, outside maybe CoT.

Honestly kind of looked like Terenas, with the long hair and crown.

The shape reminded me of a Sha, but I'll guess Mue'zalla. Hoping for Ner'zhul, though.

So, where did people find the name Mueh'zala? Never heard of them before. (I haven't played bfa for a while, so perhaps I missed something). I don't think it's Kel'thuzad based on his past, and we know it's not Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, can't be Mueh'zala. Can't be. They said that the guy in chains are not the big bad.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    only that even Ion said Shadowlands predate Titans ...so you all can stop with Nerzhul Arthas or any other known character since none of them are older than the titans...
    They haven't said if the Jailer is also an ancient like the Arbiter. Those are 2 seperate beings. The Arbiter is the one they said is as old as the universe itself

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    only that even Ion said Shadowlands predate Titans ...so you all can stop with Nerzhul Arthas or any other known character since none of them are older than the titans...
    You are mistaking the Jailer with the Arbiter which are different characters.

It's the Skeleton King from Diablo, 10.0 is going to launch World of Diablo, you heard it here first folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    They haven't said if the Jailer is also an ancient like the Arbiter. Those are 2 seperate beings. The Arbiter is the one they said is as old as the universe itself
    It's kinda an implied thing at that point.

The Arbiter has been sorting souls into these lands for that long, so the Maw should have been around equally as long.
    And the Jailer has been likened to being a "boogeyman" at this point, so it has to be someone who was there long enough to but unclear if they're real or not.

I think it’s obviously Mueh'zala. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by mythicowow View Post
    The Jailer looks oddly similar to Terenas Menethil II. Arthas daddy who got stabbed through the heart by frostmourne and the one who warned us there must always be a Lich King. Shrug.

Jailer https://imgur.com/a/416t6pk

lightened parts to show the white hair and jewel on the spikey crown

Terenas https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...bc07bc7ea12e9f

Hmm... There must always be a lich king... maybe it wasn't actually Terenas.. maybe it was something pretending to be him..

My guess:

I remember a year or two ago where Hearthstone revealed the N'Zoth card.

And yesterday, the guy on stage who said "Who's the most dangerous dragon on Azeroth... NO, not Deathwing!" flubbed his second line out too fast and showed that was a canned response.

Nobody gave a shit about Galakrond (or arguably even knew of him outside of the Northrend quest), and now rumblings of the Dragons comming back are happening. and of all the cards they make this guy with new art with backstory of how he's the father of all dragon aspects?? C'mon... obvious early-stage-lore setup is obvious! ;P

yeah, they're setting up Galakrond to be the big-bad of either the next expansion, or the one after.

EDIT: before you comment about "Human-looking" Jailer... may I also point out that Dragon's can change into a humanoid form. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-11-02 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    So, where did people find the name Mueh'zala? Never heard of them before. (I haven't played bfa for a while, so perhaps I missed something). I don't think it's Kel'thuzad based on his past, and we know it's not Arthas.
    In Zul'Farrak

Quote Originally Posted by mythicowow View Post
    The Jailer looks oddly similar to Terenas Menethil II. Arthas daddy who got stabbed through the heart by frostmourne and the one who warned us there must always be a Lich King.

Jailer [img]https://i.imgur.com/kefDToo.png[img] https://imgur.com/a/dwi6yYx

lightened parts to show the white hair and jewel on the spikey crown

Terenas [img]https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/0/05/Terenas_Cinematic.jpg?version=6db8bbc83ca60457eabc07bc7ea12e9f[img]
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...bc07bc7ea12e9f

Then again he also looks similar to any Lich King with that helm/crown and is probably just a new character or Mueh'zala. Shrug.
    I've got a friend who insists that Sylvanas is going to end up having a "righteous" reason for doing all the shit she did, probably to fight against the Void Lords.

So, your theory would lend some light to that idea.

I hope it's just a new guy so they can make a decent character from scrap instead of retconing characters that we already know, Pandaria had a lot of new lore and it turned out interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's the Skeleton King from Diablo, 10.0 is going to launch World of Diablo, you heard it here first folks!
    The funny thing is, that was my very first thought when I saw the silhouette of him! ;P

I think the Jailer is Mueh'zala. Not because I think it's a troll, but because that thing has been there since before the Titans were a thing and that's just the name the trolls gave it.

I think the helm of the damned was made to reflect the Jailer. We have read now that the Lich King's armor, including the helm and Frostmourne were forged in the Shadowlands at the Forge of Domination and I think the Jailer may have himself been locked up in a manner similar to the Lich King. Which is why his "crown" looks so much like the helm. This would also fit with Mueh'zala in Traveler, because there is clearly a dreadlord with him, not necessarily his ally but maybe someone to look after him in the millenia he was locked up there and made to go mad?
    The next thing I'm wondering is, who locked him up? Was it Sargeras when he found him? That would explain why Kil'jaeden got the idea to do the same thing to someone from the world of the living and use that for an army.
    Or was he locked up even before Sargeras, when the dreadlords were starting to worship the void and were maybe starting to feed it souls... maybe that's how the Maw was formed and the Jailer was chained up so he couldn't interfere?

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    I hope it's just a new guy so they can make a decent character from scrap instead of retconing characters that we already know, Pandaria had a lot of new lore and it turned out interesting.
    I feel like I'm waffling after each of my posts ATM! :P

Have to admit there's already a lot of brand new lore here involving Death mechanics and whatnot. It's really out of character for Blizz to do that

So, why stop there to just go "Surprise! It's XYZ goofball!"

Conversely, the only way for this to work to be a new guy is to get us to care about who he is while leveling. Like, we find out about some ancient set of spirits who helped form the Shadowlands, and learn of their story as the progresison goes on - to find out one of them betrays them, ect... then at the end saying "Oh, I bet he's going to be THIS guy in the story!" kinda deal.