Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    So what power is she juiced up on that she managed to take on the entire icecrown single handedly, and then defeat Lich King so easely. Its the Lich King ffs, Super powerful being thats also Bolvar, infused by dragonfire and light n sheet
    It's already been explained. She made a pact with an entity from the Shadowlands. When that entity becomes stronger, she becomes stronger. That's why she waged war against the Alliance - to feed that entity souls from both sides. That's also why she helped Azshara free N'zoth. Nearing the end of BfA, she finally became strong enough to do what she did in the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I also can't quite begin to fathom how a Nathrezim forged prison for one random ass orc soul holds the power to shatter the very bounds of reality.
    To my understanding, the Helm of Domination was a conduit between the physical realm and the Shadowlands. Once it was broken, the Shadowlands started to seep in through the leftover wound.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-11-02 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    there is an expansion called Battle for Azeroth.

in it, the writing is shit.

in patch 8.2.5 we saw Sylvanas using some power which was never forshadowed before but we should accept it because it looks cool.

apparently it's enough to solo the entire Icecrown Citadel+LK.
    Actually, Sylvanas had this "power" since the BfA opening cinematic. Do you not recall her turning into an incorporeal banshee that insta-kills everyone she phases through? And then the Battle for Lordaeron in-game cinematic where she turns into a black mist that flies away to the goblin zeppelin after triggering her trap in the throne room?

So what power is she juiced up on that she managed to take on the entire icecrown single handedly, and then defeat Lich King so easely. Its the Lich King ffs, Super powerful being thats also Bolvar, infused by dragonfire and light n sheet
    Are you serious? It has been said time and again she has the power of Death now. All the death from the war has made it even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actually, Sylvanas had this "power" since the BfA opening cinematic. Do you not recall her turning into an incorporeal banshee that insta-kills everyone she phases through? And then the Battle for Lordaeron in-game cinematic where she turns into a black mist that flies away to the goblin zeppelin after triggering her trap in the throne room?
    the opening of BfA didn't bother me tbh.

not really OP.

she had it in 8.2.5 since that's the only time she showed this new power.

i personally like the Sylvanas breaking the glass ceilings memes going around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Do you not recall her turning into an incorporeal banshee that insta-kills everyone she phases through?
    thats not the new death power

thats just regular bansheee power that she always had

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    thats not the new death power

thats just regular bansheee power that she always had
    Which she never showed before BfA either. As a reminder, she didn't turn into a smoke monster when Godfrey shot her or when she got the whole bungee jumping thing wrong in ICC. But I agree, her OP death powers are entirely new and were never forshadowed, the first taste of those we got when she insta gibbed old soldier boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    i personally like the Sylvanas breaking the glass ceilings memes going around.
    Very subtle that one, I have to agree :P.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    To my understanding, the Helm of Domination was a conduit between the physical realm and the Shadowlands. Once it was broken, the Shadowlands started to seep in through the leftover wound.
    I mean it's fantasy, they can and do make up shit as they please, but it's certainly not intuitive or within the established lore. Breaking a conduit is not something that would usually shatter reality. It doesn't even make sense from a power perspective. We have the fucking weapon of a titan that is bound to be way more powerful than some random nathrezim construct sticking out of our planet. Reality didn't collapse here either. This was 100% rule of cool again.. we should probably be thankfull that were was only 1 helm. that way we don't have to constantly wonder why they aren't going to fly in on another flying ship.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Which she never showed before BfA either. As a reminder, she didn't turn into a smoke monster when Godfrey shot her or when she got the whole bungee jumping thing wrong in ICC. But I agree, her OP death powers are entirely new and were never forshadowed, the first taste of those we got when she insta gibbed old soldier boy.
    Godfrey got her by surprise

in ICC she WANTED to die and she also was impaled on saronite, which may mess with banshee form or something

So Alliance and Horde will be friends next expansion and fight together the evil Sylvanas . I can't understand why all Horde leaders after Thrall must be bad guys . I hopped for an expansion with an other bad powerful nutral bad guy like Lich King or Deathwing or Illidan . Not a leader of a faction again .

I mean it's fantasy, they can and do make up shit as they please, but it's certainly not intuitive or within the established lore. Breaking a conduit is not something that would usually shatter reality. It doesn't even make sense from a power perspective. We have the fucking weapon of a titan that is bound to be way more powerful than some random nathrezim construct sticking out of our planet. Reality didn't collapse here either. This was 100% rule of cool again.. we should probably be thankfull that were was only 1 helm. that way we don't have to constantly wonder why they aren't going to fly in on another flying ship.
    While I agree with you, I'd say that in order to enjoy warcraft lore a certain degree of suspension of disbelief is required. There are plenty of minor plot holes and general vagueness so it's better to learn to ignore them before they start to frustrate you too much.

Do you know what a jailor actually does? He keeps the inmates in check, that is exactly what Bolvar did with the undead. Even Ion already said that the pre-event will contain the scourge maurauding across azeroth again because they are no longer bound by Bolvar.
    Except they aren’t confined to a prison, figuratively or literally. As stated, it is more of a hive mind mentality. The LK is more akin to Kerrigan with the Zerg, or Shino from a adult with his bugs.
    I could even argue further with, as previously stated (again), Blizzard is bringing in a new character literally called The Jailer.

The problem is - even if Sylvanas is powerful enough to defeat Bolvar, which is probably a sure thing atm, the fight was lame. Sylvanas did not take a SINGLE hit. Also, she rounded his army on her own. IMO it is not the outcome that makes people angry. It is how it was executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    So Alliance and Horde will be friends next expansion and fight together the evil Sylvanas . I can't understand why all Horde leaders after Thrall must be bad guys . I hopped for an expansion with an other bad powerful nutral bad guy like Lich King or Deathwing or Illidan . Not a leader of a faction again .
    Anything from now will mostly be new characters as they have pretty much expended most major lore characters with written backgrounds. Right now Sylvanas has surpassed quite a lot of powerful lore characters for her size in power so it's not like we're going after a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You have to be trolling right?

Legion perfectly explained this. You guys nitpick at the dumbest things. It's not the greatest writing BUT IT IS EXPLAINED.
    Go on.........

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Did no-one else notice that the undead did nothing to try and stop Sylvannas on her way up to the LK? Now this could be that he was holding them back and letting her pass, or that she is infused the power of death (the same power the LK has and that they respond to) so they saw her as someone not to fuck with, the same as they wouldn't turn on the LK. Might be a hint to what power she has.

Not only that, but this LK is a far cry from the Arthas LK. Bolvar is just a jailer, not the fully powered LK that Arthas was. The fact he used fire powers as well as ice show he is very different. On top of that, it's already been revealed that as The Maw grew in strength, so did Sylvannas. So if every soul that died has been funneled into there, subsequently increasing its power and therefore her own, it also explains 1. How she got so powerful so quickly and 2. Everything she did was to gain more power. Suddenly her deciding to burn down the tree makes sense, all those innocent souls directly powered her up.

So much of her story in BfA makes farrrrr more sense now and if you look at what's happened, what she did and her power, it's pretty clear why she could absolutely destroy Bolvar LK.
    Except no where in her inner thoughts in the pre patch books was that mentioned. And her original goal was to capture the tree. Apparently the writers weren't aware Sylvanas had this deal. She was warchief of the horde waging a world wide war. When would she have met this shsdowlands guy anyway? She just somehow made a deal offscreen and we have no idea how or when? How would she make a deal without going there herself?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-02 at 04:11 PM.

Because she's teenager bait that sells t-shirts and body pillows, destined to be the new Kerrigan, that's how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Except no where in her inner thoughts in the pre patch books was that mentioned. And her original goal was to capture the tree. Apparently the writers weren't aware Sylvanas had this deal. She was warchief of the horde waging a world wide war. When would she have met this shsdowlands guy anyway? She just somehow made a deal offscreen and we have no idea how or when? How would she make a deal without going there herself?
    I mean she has died multiple times, wouldn't be a big stretch to say she met them one of those times

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I mean she has died multiple times, wouldn't be a big stretch to say she met them one of those times
    The last time she died was a long time ago. Her inner thoughts in the books would have mentioned or referred to it since it is so important.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    that wasnt LK, that was soy boy Bolvar who was keeping the helmet warm
    Your fault life binder you burned away his cleave power .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The last time she died was a long time ago. Her inner thoughts in the books would have mentioned or referred to it since it is so important.
    The Valkry travel to shadowlands
    They are her messengers

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I believe "zomg plot hax" is the power she's juiced up on.