Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Assuming Diablo IV gets announced next week.
    what 5 classes do you think will come with it? (personally i hate that they limit the number of classes but i understand the need to)
    Barbarian
    Sorceress
    Druid
    Necromancer
    Amazon
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

So we got Barbarian, Sorceress and Druid.

I think a non-caster ranged class is a given, an Amazon/Demon Hunter/Ranger, something of the sort.

As for the last, it's a hard pick to predict.

Necromancer is obviously a massive fan favorite. I could definitely see a more rogue/melee oriented class happening, taking things both from the D2 Assassin and D3 Demon Hunter, I don't see the martial arts D3 Monk in D4. Personally, I'm really hoping for an armored class, a Paladin/Crusader/Knight mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    It shows that tehre will be werewolf shape too. From the short video, it seems like it isnt neccessarily even short buff, like it seemed with bear in the release video which made druid seem like barbarian.
    Apparently, Bear and Wolf forms are shot term buffs baseline, but they've stated in a couple of interviews that you CAN stay in forms 100%, if you choose. So people ar theorising that there will be talents that allow for perma-forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Guy looks like he hasn't skipped a meal since D2. He's built like a brick shithouse and I love it.
    Dude looks like a freakin Wildling from GoT and I'm 100000% behind it. I know the old scrawy Druid gets a lot of love, but I dig the whole "Savage Caster" style he's rocking. He really looks like come crazy mountan hermit, that lives in a cave and eats wood.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2019-11-02 at 04:55 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    who fucking cares. Druid is back bby
    Guy looks like he hasn't skipped a meal since D2. He's built like a brick shithouse and I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    who said only 5 classes?
    The panel said it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I'm hoping we get items with other class skills back so I can whirlwind druid all day

I wonder how they would they handle Amazons? Keep them gender-locked or change the name of the class and keep its identity?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pally/Crusader/Templar (whichever one they pick) is 100% guaranteed because they need one. The game's shit without one. I want to go 3 years of halfassed talents being thrown into WoW in reference to it without actually capturing the playstyle or fun of it. My body is fucking ready.

The other class is definitely going to be an 'archer' so either Amazon, Demon Hunter or some ranger/hunter type for sure.

I would think there'd be Necro/Witch Doctor but Druid's looking to be the 'pet' class, as limited as that may be.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    The panel said it.
    lol this was before the announcemtn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    who fucking cares. Druid is back bby
    Pretty much this, but since I have to add something, I'll say the remaining classes are Amazon and Necromancer/Paladin. I'd say Necro but that would leave the game without a shield class, and Necro was rather shit in D3 so I dunno. If they do bring back Necro it has to be more like D2, and less like D3.

The Necromancer would be too good a fit to be left out in D4 imho.
    His summons, look and bone/curse magic would look so great in that new style.

But I'd say it's more likely that we get Amazon.

So the 5th would either be Necro or Paladin in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they bring back rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    To be honest, I don't like the Druid design. I think he looks way too busy and bulky for my liking, I really enjoyed the scrawny look in Diablo II. At first glance he is just way too similar to a Barbarian.

Necromancer has to be in the game, right?
    Yeah I thought that was the barbarian at first.

It's a tough call. There definitely has to be another dedicated ranged class, i.e. Amazon or Demon Hunter (or something new but similar to it). Amazon has the problem of being gender-locked, which is probably too touchy a subject for them to make it in. It's also conceivable they re-imagine the Assassin and give you a choice between melee and range (or both, in a style similar to the barb's weapon arsenal); though in all fairness this would also work beautifully with the Amazon. This leaves Slot 5 for either Paladin or Necromancer, as the two most likely candidates. A dedicated pet class doesn't seem too much of a stretch, but we could probably also do with another melee. One way to solve this is to put the melee into the 4th class (Amazon/Assassin/whatever) and then add a pet class like Necromancer; or to just add Paladin and emphasize casting more, relegating pets to a minor support role here and there (like the Druid companions). Pets haven't been HUGELY popular I don't think, with Witch Doctors being one of the lesser-played classes in D3 and people constantly complaining about pet AI, screen crowding, etc. It might be a nightmare for the open world multiplayer in D4 to begin with, so maybe they'll just say no thanks to Necros and WDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I won't be playing it unless there is a Nercomancer or some other class using 'dirty' magic.

It can be a Caster or Death Knight style character, I don't give a damn. I just don't want to be forced to either play boring Mage, Warrior or Archer.

I'm not sure how I feel about Barbarians having more legendary affixes than anyone else due to them having four weapons...

Also, gimme a Necromancer or at least a Witch Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a rogue/ranger, and something like an occultist. Just some crazy weird dark, demonic powers that parallel the baddies we're fighting, a sort of 'fight fire with fire' kinda thing.

Taking into account D4 is set a few decades after D3... I am willing to bet we'll get a gun user due to technological advancement.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-11-02 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Taking into account D4 is set a few decades after D3... I am willing to bet we'll get a gun user due to technological advancement.
    In the latest dev talks, they said they want to take inspiration from real life medieval times. I don't think they will incorporate technology.

The 2 classes i see added in the base game would be :
    Cleric (the one that was scrapped from D2)
    Rogue/Assassin (I'd say rogue more because it could add a bow/range spec and not put in the traps of the assassin)

I was a little disappointed they stuck with the very safe two classes in Sorc/Barb.

In fact, as much as I dearly love Diablo, I have gotten so tired of the Barbarian as a class; yes the game needs a big melee character, but holy shit can it be something else for once?

The druid's return is warranted, given it was not present in D3. I find it a bit sad that the roster from D3 won't be around out of the gate since there were some neat new additions in the WD and DH.

Given now that we have Barbarian, Sorcerer, and Druid representing the old guard and two out of three normal/expected tropes (aggressive melee, spell caster, and hybrid) I can't see them not doing something like the Rogue/Amazon, and then probably some kind of variant on the Paladin/Crusader or maybe the Monk since even D3 launched without two "heavy" melee characters (which imo was horrible).

I would like to see the Necromancer return as the D3 incarnation was very fun and the design was solid, and I would love to see the assassin come back.

Who knows though - I think they'll probably cover the most expected ground first since it's likely to take a very long time for the first expansion to come (personally wouldn't mind them doing classes as their own additions like the Necromancer in D3, if only to get them in sooner).
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I suspect Necromancer and Paladin to be the the other 2 classes, or change necro with amazon or demon hunter.

Just happy druid is in this time and that's what i will play a shapeshifting druid or a summoner druid depending how strong the summons will be.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-11-03 at 06:57 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?