Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose View Post
    No, you don't pay for fixes, you pay 2 years worth of content. What did you expect out of a wow expansion ? That it turned into a first person shooter ? That they released 8 new classes and that we could all build massive castles that actually appeared in-game ? Or what did you expect exactly ?
    That it was as fun as Legion. Which is a really low bar, I could ask for it to be as fun as Classic.

I'd also like to point out that we don't actually know if anything will be fixed. People are just assuming they'll get it right.

To put it bluntly, I'm envious of other people to have that much faith in Blizzard at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Shut up losers, and be happy that Blizzard is trying to entertain you.
    Big fax. /10

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Indepths of what? Of four zones they'd better make at least mildly entertaining? Indepths of two abilities I am going to get? Indepths of some straight forward entry-tier raid, with nice design, but that's about it? Maybe indepths of how they steamrolled over lore again?

Seriously, do you buy a product that looks like garbage just to make completely sure if it's garbage or not?
    5 zones. I know math is hard, but there are clearly 5 zones, a main city hub like Suramar, and 4 Covenant Halls like Class Halls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'd also like to point out that we don't actually know if anything will be fixed. People are just assuming they'll get it right.

To put it bluntly, I'm envious of other people to have that much faith in Blizzard at this point.
    It's just a game. I don't put too much emphasis on many of these things. Is the game fun? Well the last time I played in MoP it was still fun. Is it still fun? I don't know, but I am certainly extremely interest in what I have been shown so far. As long as I find it fun. When I don't I'll move on. No need to argue and get worked up over it.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You do know they reduced the price on the expansion back to $40 right? It's not $50 like it was prior.
    the last 3 was 60$ i believe.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose View Post
    No, you don't pay for fixes, you pay 2 years worth of content. What did you expect out of a wow expansion ? That it turned into a first person shooter ? That they released 8 new classes and that we could all build massive castles that actually appeared in-game ? Or what did you expect exactly ?
    What did I expect? Definetely something more than just new zones and new raids, because that's pretty much should be taken for granted at this point.
    -new class
    -new race (pre-order race would've been nice, and that's like zero effort)
    -cross faction play that has been hinted at heavily?
    -something new and cool about pvp maybe?

These are just the few things that would've made buying this expansion worth it.
    @Lolites All of the things you mentioned are the bare minimum that I would expect out of anything they do. Zones, experiences, dungeons, gear - all of it sounds like something that could've simply been patched in.

And yes, they've had 15 years. 15 years to come up with an algorithm of doing things that don't ruin everything else. Like maybe learn from previous expansions, I don't know, and stop inventing a wheel when it comes to core class mechanics? Find a nice balance between innovation and not ruining the core aspects? Is it that much to ask for after 15 years of trial and error?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    the last 3 was 60$ i believe.
    They were $50 each. I remember the shit storm when blizzard announced that WoD would be $49.99 instead of the typical $39.99. I'm just glad it finally dropped back to its old price model. Makes sense since classic gave them a massive financial cushion to rest upon, so they don't feel pressure to squeeze every little cent out of their customers.

Although if you buy the $39.99 version of shadowlands, you won't get a 120 character boost. You have to buy the $60 version to get it. I'm fine with that though since I already have 1 of every character at max level.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    And "you" people keep yellin that everythin is a filler expansion or it lacks content without even knowin the details.

Oh look we both can play this game.
    What details? I'm really lost on what your argument is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Indepths of what? Of four zones they'd better make at least mildly entertaining? Indepths of two abilities I am going to get? Indepths of some straight forward entry-tier raid, with nice design, but that's about it? Maybe indepths of how they steamrolled over lore again?

Seriously, do you buy a product that looks like garbage just to make completely sure if it's garbage or not?
    There are 5 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    And "you" people keep yellin that everythin is a filler expansion or it lacks content without even knowin the details.

Oh look we both can play this game.
    The best expansion have always been those with a new class. Wotlk, MoP and Legion.

With the worst being Cata, WoD and BfA. Incidentally those have also been the ones with no new classes. Especially WoD was shit. No new class OR race in that one.

Guess what Shadowland lacks. A new class and a new race. Allied races can maybe still be added, but still. So far this expansion is focusing more on fixing their mistakes than anything else.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    5 zones. I know math is hard, but there are clearly 5 zones, a main city hub like Suramar, and 4 Covenant Halls like Class Halls.
    If you're counting the city as a zone then there are 6 zones. Bastion, Ardenweald, Maldraxxus, Revendreth, The Maw, and then the city Oribos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
    The best expansion have always been those with a new class. Wotlk, MoP and Legion.

With the worst being Cata, WoD and BfA. Incidentally those have also been the ones with no new classes. Especially WoD was shit. No new class OR race in that one.

Guess what Shadowland lacks. A new class and a new race. Allied races can maybe still be added, but still. So far this expansion is focusing more on fixing their mistakes than anything else.
    Granted WoD had the character model updates which took the place of a new race.

And Cataclysm had new race/class combos.

Also new classes are the least played classes in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What details? I'm really lost on what your argument is here.
    Indepth panel explains details. Its not a hard concept to grasp.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The playerbase "BLIZZARD FIX YOUR GAME"
    Blizzard tries to fix the game
    the playerbase "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIX THE GAME!"

The whole expansion feels more like a patch to me. What are they really offering us aside from a few new zones and a deep dungeon ripoff from FFXIV? There is no hook, there is nothing exciting to look forward to AT ALL. New zones, dungeons and raids are standard, they come with every expansion and I really don't count these as 'features'. Take the new zones and dungeons away and what features are there really? I just can't believe people keep defending this.. class FIXES and giving you 2 (!) new BORROWED skills (because you sure as hell won't be able to keep them, next xpac they are GONE, just like your fancy legendary weapon from legion and your necklace you grinded all that damn azerite for this expansion)..should've been part of the game standard. Why is a fix all of a sudden a 'new and exciting xpac worthy feature!'. They better come up with a whole lot more things to sell me this (they even dare to ask 80 euro's for a version with a pet and a mount..gtfo)

Quote Originally Posted by Katie45 View Post
    The playerbase "BLIZZARD FIX YOUR GAME"
    Blizzard tries to fix the game
    the playerbase "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIX THE GAME!"
    That's not at all what I was saying, but it goes to show just what kind of people are okay with this sad excuse for an expansion.
    Allow me to reiterate my original message in simple, understandable terms for you: Fixing is good. Fixing is patch. Not an expansion.

Yes Blizzard are monkeys.And it is hard to teach them new tricks.Just look how much time took them to fix the azerite sh*t.It started with Apex in WoD evolved into AP grind in Legion and was tripled increased in BFA with Azerite.Until they decided to scrap it all together for SL or atleast it being nerfed.Also i hate the RNG aspect since Legion and its evolution in BFA.I'm like the changes to the weekly Mythic chest for SL and the revamped legendaries.I liked them in Legion i hated the randomness.Also less RNG is a huge deal for me.If there is no more TF/WF,rng in my secondary stats and shitting at my loot will be the best!
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Wow community - I wish they'd fix the problems instead of adding new bullshit no one cares about

Shadowlands happens, Blizzard gives fans what they want

Wow community - WTF where are the features? This expansion is boring

...they literally can't win....if they had pushed a content rich Expansion, people would complain about not focusing on fixing the game.

Good Game with Fixed Features but no new Features > Shitty game with terrible new features (lol Warfronts)
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Wow community - I wish they'd fix the problems instead of adding new bullshit no one cares about

Shadowlands happens, Blizzard gives fans what they want

Wow community - WTF where are the features? This expansion is boring

...they literally can't win....if they had pushed a content rich Expansion, people would complain about not focusing on fixing the game.
    Or maybe people think Blizzard should fix the game they broke without charging us $40 for us to do so?

After last 3 expansions, last thing I want is a "new feature" that will be a massive chore, warp whole expansion to revolve around it, be crammed down my throat whether I like it or not, and generally distract from what wow should be.

And no, I don't care about "new class" if they can't even balance existing ones and make every class / spec wanted and useful in every type of content. I want to play my class of choice instead of having all these new and shiny classes stealing my raid spot or being told to reroll to something else to keep the spot.

I don't care about "new race" either, I'm not interested in giving Blizz another race change fee. Half the allied races have either completely crappy or too strong racials, so that's another reason to stop adding new ones. I don't wanna having to choose between my preferred cosmetic look and OP racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    I could ask for it to be as fun as Classic.
    Classic is fun because it's minimalistic. It doesn't have a shitton of "extra features" that cover and muddle the main gameplay. You have a clear goal - level up, develop your class, maybe professions along the way, then jump either into pvp or raiding. You aren't bombarded with distractions left and right, you aren't bombarded with hundreds of rewards big and small, and there's lots of downtime to fill with "meaningless" from progression standpoint "fun" activities like dueling, world pvp, RP, hanging out with guildies, etc. but that helps to feel you're building a community and have a room to breathe.