View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    It looks like the campaign will be a quick copy-paste from the original with some new art... I was so looking forward to seeing these new cutscenes in every mission, I'm very disappointed that they're gone - a fresh, upgraded campaign experience was the #1 reason for my Reforged prepurchase and right now it seems that it's just not going to be there. I'm legit thinking about getting a refund
    Ugh... it's being rushed, they want to make sure they can release it before the end of this year. Honestly, I don't care if they take a little longer. I was hoping for a slightly different experience as well as it'll never feel like the original (classic for example feels different from vanilla as I was younger at the time and didn't know anything). We'll see. I'll wait for the panel for any permanent answers.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    https://twitter.com/Back2Warcraft/st...75795519229952

Interview with w3 dev.

Some takes from it -
    - Voiceovers will stay the same, original voices kept. No new recordings
    - More content will be added to the game after release
    Not necessarily campaigns
    - Cutscenes of blizzcon 2018 build scratched
    Back to old cutscene style

So...........
    Well, that's pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    Honestly, I don't care if they take a little longer.
    I wouldn't mind that either - heck, I could have easily waited even another year or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind that either - heck, I could have easily waited even another year or so.
    Agreed.. if this is true, then I'm very afraid it'll just feel like a really good graphical overhaul mod.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks like the campaign will be a quick copy-paste (
    Highly unlikely given the models we have data mined from the beta.

If you're talking of all the so called "campaign" footage that has come out from the hacked client of the beta. Those are not the reforged campaigns, since the campaigns aren't in the beta.

What people did manage to do was load the original WC3 and TFT campaigns into the refoged beta and play them.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Highly unlikely given the models we have data mined from the beta.

If you're talking of all the so called "campaign" footage that has come out from the hacked client of the beta. Those are not the reforged campaigns, since the campaigns aren't in the beta.

What people did manage to do was load the original WC3 and TFT campaigns into the refoged beta and play them.
    This is true, but the first post on this page is a link to a Polygon article, which claims that they've discussed the topic with a game director.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/1/20...f-warcraft-wow Well, looks like they cut the reforged campaign from the game?
    Thank fuck they scrapped it.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/1/20...f-warcraft-wow Well, looks like they cut the reforged campaign from the game?
    So King Anastarian wont appear anymore?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is true, but the first post on this page is a link to a Polygon article, which claims that they've discussed the topic with a game director.
    I think you can reasonably expect things to be on the level of the Stratholme level we were shown, with perhaps the exception of cinematics.

So different level design to match WoW along named characters/heroes that did not original appear, although without retconing the overall story. Likely gameplay changes to boot as well but still keeping the overall style for each mission: So Hearthglen is still a defense mission with a caravan side objective for instance.

Gotta say the LAST thing I wanted was for that shit Christie Golden to get her claws on the WC3 story. Fuck that. She's done enough.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-11-02 at 07:43 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

But that article has nothing to do with the changes they made to the campaign maps etc.
    It's about them not rewriting stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But that article has nothing to do with the changes they made to the campaign maps etc.
    True, the article just talks about retcons. Didn't read it properly before and I read various responses, which may have misled me a bit... should've just read it the first time. Thing is, though, and I know I'm one of the few here, I was actually hoping for a bit of extra story.... I like the lore of Warcraft and the more time I can spend on a campaign, the better. Already hoping for extra campaigns as part of FLC/DLC.

Anyway, didn't they advertise x+ hours of new reforged-in game cutscenes?
    They aren't seriously scrapping that and say "well, they have the reforge graphics now!"

I'm very disappointed they are only changing Stratholme. I wanted to see Dalaran, Lordaeron, and Silvermoon resemble their WoW counterparts. I hope they are still going with that plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the directed cutscenes looked weird. The characters don't really match the terrain and buildings, and the maps are all flat. So you basically get a close up of Arthas for example, and you just see a flat plane stretching behind him with a bunch of repeated trees, and a few buildings that are as tall as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I'm very disappointed they are only changing Stratholme. I wanted to see Dalaran, Lordaeron, and Silvermoon resemble their WoW counterparts. I hope they are still going with that plan.
    Warcraft III came out before WoW. So it's the Warcraft 3 counterparts that should be resembled in World of Warcraft, not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god they keep the original voice acting, perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    Warcraft III came out before WoW. So it's the Warcraft 3 counterparts that should be resembled in World of Warcraft, not the other way around.
    Not if the WoW versions are the more accurate representations because they weren't constrained by the old limits of the WC3 game engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    Thats not how things work.

Warcraft 2 came before WC3 too but major changes were made such as the green dragons changing to different dragonflights, the Orcs having connections to fel corruption and bloodlust, and Grom being way more badass than some jokey heavy metal reference.

Would you want Grom in WC3 back to having a shrill high pitched voice?

WC3R Dota Sentinel Intelligence Heroes

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-06 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently watching the Warcraft 3 Deep Dive...