Thread: Diablo 4 is d3

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What does titan have to do with anything here?
    Nothing. Just shitposting at this point.

I like everything I saw except the itemization. How the fuck did they manage to make loot less interesting than in D3? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I like everything I saw except the itemization. How the fuck did they manage to make loot less interesting than in D3? It boggles the mind.
    How is it less meaningless? I can understand frustrations with stats/itemization but this just makes it so much easier to tell upgrades from non upgrades as well as easily seeing items you want to fit your playstyle/build.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    well hopefully it isn't always online like D3 was on PC.
    I really hope so lol.The always online is the worst.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Same graphics? You must be blind...
    I was thinking the same thing. The graphics are so beyond a simple reskin. The cinematic was amazingly well done and detailed. The few in game shots we saw, were on par with some of the best looking games out right now. People just want to hate for the sake of hating.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    I really hope so lol.The always online is the worst.
    Always online prevents most of the shitty activities. However they should have an offline mode that prevents any character used in offline from being used online to avoid the dupes and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    They showed Characters throwing around some Skills, and Traveling, this would look like ANY Top Down Action RPG. Oo
    That's not what I meant. I've played a lot of action RPGs, I've played a lot of D3. All of them have their own visual queues and quirks..

The assets, the movement, down to the way the ground clutter behaved all looks like its just a D3 expansion.

Maybe Blizzard just did a really good job of emulating D3 but a lot of people see the same thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I have nothing against an improved d3. It is low-key one of their best games. And I'm sure they will do a better job launching it this time.

Wonder why you need a new account for this post. lol
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    After the panel, its just d2. Im so excited

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Always online prevents most of the shitty activities. However they should have an offline mode that prevents any character used in offline from being used online to avoid the dupes and shit.
    Panel just said No offline mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    well hopefully it isn't always online like D3 was on PC.
    I don't think that would go over very well. The reason it was online to begin with was because of the AH. There is absolutely no reason at all to make it an 'always online' or 'live service' game like D3. I think one of the greatest things about D2 was the great mod support the game had. Meridian XL and the like breathe new life into the game.

But this is Blizzard we're talking about. It's going to be always online. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

poe is that way. Bye felicia

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    How is it less meaningless? I can understand frustrations with stats/itemization but this just makes it so much easier to tell upgrades from non upgrades as well as easily seeing items you want to fit your playstyle/build.
    So just put 1 stat (power). The higher the better the item.

Casuals...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    diablo 3:

diablo 4:

If you think it looks the same something is horribly wrong with you.
    Wtf.. That zone is literally meant to be bright and colorful. Isn't that the "cow level"? What a really stupid comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Panel just said No offline mode.
    Oh I know, and I never believed it would happen, but an offline mode would be nice especially if you are in an area with frequent disconnects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So just put 1 stat (power). The higher the better the item.

Casuals...
    Edgy. My ego is o bruised. How ever will I go on.

Far from casual, just prefer simplicity ove needless complexity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    It looks like a re-skin with a new name and shading turned on.

To the people saying "no rainbows" you actually do not know if there is a rainbow level as it was hidden in D3 as well. Also the lack of this level doesn't make the game great.

D3 would have been fine if it had taken the D2 talent system and a few other things. However D4 (rumor so far) looks like they took the talent tree and other things about D2 (I hope paragon is no more) and applied it to D3.

I don't see a "new game" I see D3 "done right".

That brings me to my final point. If this is D3 remade why in the hell is it taking so long to get back out. I mean they said they stopped development on D3 after ROS.
    So, in the end, you see your own opinion of how it should be. I see D4, as D3 has already been completed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's not what I meant. I've played a lot of action RPGs, I've played a lot of D3. All of them have their own visual queues and quirks..

The assets, the movement, down to the way the ground clutter behaved all looks like its just a D3 expansion.

Maybe Blizzard just did a really good job of emulating D3 but a lot of people see the same thing.
    This is Called Consistancy. Oo In my Opinion its actually a good thing to keep the overall Aesthetics between games.
    And I dont think it looks exactly the same. The first thing I noticed is the actual Depth in the Maps. In D3 the maps are Basically all on a single Plane, where in D4 you appear to actually have Bridges you might go over or Under.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Same graphics? You must be blind...
    Yep. The graphics are even worse.

The gameplay speed reminds me of diablo II, which is actually a good thing. I like diablo III combat gameplay, but it was way too much and way too fast for my taste.