Thread: Tier Sets

7+ Year Old Account

Tier Sets

So from what I’ve read tier sets are still tbd. Would you like to see them return or would you like to see them expand on something like the corrupted gear? Personally I want them to come back, bfa suffered due to their replacement with Azerite armor.

as far as i knew they were suppose to return next expansion
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    So from what I’ve read tier sets are still tbd. Would you like to see them return or would you like to see them expand on something like the corrupted gear? Personally I want them to come back, bfa suffered due to their replacement with Azerite armor.
    This was addressed on the Preach interview.

No plans to put them back in

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I honestly dont understand anyone who wishes Tier Sets back.

Sets that are designed around the look of your class? Yes, please.

Sets that make a new item or piece from the next patch tier completly obsolete due to far too powerful spec specific tier bonuses? Yeah, no, keep it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

^ Pretty much this.

Now, I think they have the wrong overall idea or interpretation on Tier Sets when it comes to how it feels to players. I can loosely agree on Tier Sets nowadays feeling more like things you want to complete as fast as possible rather than a long-term goal, but that's usually also because these are rarely utility or otherwise only loosely throughput-driven anymore. They are like Azerite or Essences, just another system that increases your throughput on damage, healing or absorption in one way or another, sometimes interesting and involved, more often than not - not really. And they add to the whole problem of constantly stacking and layering different systems that all do the same thing at the end of the day on top of eachother.

THAT being said, it is still a Class Set and you still -feel- like you gain something that -can- change your playstyle and I guess the cosmetic drive combined with the sometimes great, sometimes shallow impact on your overall class/rotational gameplay still make these something a x or y number of player want in the game. It another one of those systems that has both, enough reasons to stay dead as well as enough reasons to come back.

Class Tier Sets are not planned for Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    To roughly paraphrase Ion's reasoning, the grounds behind its removal is that as the game grew and with it additional means of acquiring gear, having tier sets didn't make much sense.

It didn't because his reason is that in earlier versions of the game that was a long journey.

See the interview at the specific time for a proper answer as I may have misinterpreted it. 25.15 seconds mark

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post

Sets that make a new item or piece from the next patch tier completly obsolete due to far too powerful spec specific tier bonuses? Yeah, no, keep it away.

To me the draw of tier sets were that they changed how my class played from tier to tier. Set bonuses could change up rotations or star priorities.

They better bring them back or thats a massive fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I'd like dedicated tier sets to return, at least on an aesthetic level. I don't need set bonuses, I just want a Paladin set, and a Hunter set, separate, not a Cloth set, Leather set, Mail set and a Plate set.

Covenant sets so far seem to be 4 per Covenant, based on the 4 armor specializations, but raid sets might be going back to class tiers. Hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post

I think that's what most people want. Just the aesthetic of a class tier set, not the set bonus/stat thing.

At least, that's what I want.