Poll: Why are you angry with Shadowlands?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Are you kidding? So far we're looking at 1-2 abilities for most specs.
    Paladins all 3 specs get auras.

That's a huge deal, it's part of their class.

Hammer of wrath is back, I don't have to pick the talent anymore!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    1. Level squish rather than adding interesting things to the existing levels. (They took the cop-out approach)
    2. No cross-faction. Horde vs. Alliance is painfully old and annoying at this point.
    3. STILL no player housing. WTF???

I really like the idea of how they are trying to let you pick one expansion to focus your leveling on, but they really didn't need to do a level squish for that. They could have easily added an in-between level system that gives you a special advancement point (like ESO CP or the Legion artifact trees) to use when you aren't getting a new ability.

This level squish is only a temporary bandaid fix. What happens with the next expansion when we're going from 60-70? Will we still get "something interesting" at every level from 50-60 and then something new from 60-70?
    It's just a number, jesus. I don't understand how you can be upset about the leveling squish. Every level is supposed to be significant, you shouldn't wait 10-15 levels to finally get something interesting.

Someone else in this thread already summed it up. I’m not angry or upset I don’t think it’s bad I think everything is just meh. Seeing all the asset reuse in 8.3 made me think they were planning something really really big for this expansion but it doesn’t seem that way it just seems like them creating these 5 very distinct biomes for the zones took a lot of time for the asset creation team. Covenants look fine and I like not having to get exalted with multiple reps that I don’t care about (go to hell night fae) They obviously have more rewards and more to do with end game progression than a traditional zone rep as well. I think the feature is fine but that obviously doesn't have me as excited as wielding the ashbringer on a campaign against the legion did.

- - - Updated - - -

One issue I do have is that soul bonding definitely should’ve been a new body guard system they could have introduced some cool characters for us to pal around with and hear insight from. Not to mention as you soul bind to them and empower them you could build on your relationship with them and unlock personal quests like with the 8.2 bodyguards. That would have been more immersive and appealing.

No new races. Sure there’s an argument about classes being shafted for class balance but new races is not relevant.

Cinematic was painful to watch. The Lich King was a bargain bin Dreadlord. Now he’s something bigger than that. WHILE simultaneously being too weak to even get a single good hit on Sylvanas. Cringe.

Everything else looks good. I’m a bit put off, but with more information over the next year maybe things will get better.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted a new ranged class, but I will still play Shadowlands of course. I think we will see more allied playable races instead of just giving us a new race right at the start of the xpac. It would've been cool to see shadow hunter/night ranger class, or a tinker, or even give dks a fire ranged spec lol. For someone who likes playing alts, I wanted something genuinely new, not just a re-work of what we already have.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    3. STILL no player housing. WTF???
    Player housing is most likely never to exist on WoW. Get over it. We've had the crappy farm, Order halls, and we're now having Covenant Halls. That's the extent of it.

I just wish this "Tinker" meme, would die of already. It's so lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Hahaha thanks for adding the last option
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Because people want to be noticed and being overly aggressive towards anything is the easiest way to achieve it.

A lot of people are just miserable fucks and via the internet they can express this without any danger.

This expansion is half amazing and half awful.

The good:
    + Torghast (conceptually)
    + Class design (conceptually)
    + Legendaries returning
    +++ They won't be RNG drops
    + Less RNG, for example the weekly chest will be "here's some items, pick one of them" instead of "here's your disenchant for the week"
    + More customization for races, be the character you really want to be.

The bad:
    - Faction divide staying; alliance horrible for recruiting for Mythic raiding
    - Besides DK, no class/race restrictions lifted
    --- Which means those customization changes don't let you "be who you want to be" due to race restrictions (also the faction divide)
    - Flying still the awful "wait 18 months to fly in initial zones"
    -(?) Covenant balancing worries me way too much between all the power you gain from them and how they'll be balanced between 3 other choices. What about picking the one I want vs the one for min-maxing? (MAX difference should be around .5% for the majority of the time; more than that and I'm pretty pissed)
    - No new class or race at launch, nor new specs, nor even "large class changes"
    --- Which means those awful buffs/debuffs from BfA are probably here to stay
    - No major content announced outside of Covenants and Torghast

The ???:
    ? How will mounts/flight work for 10-50?
    ? Are we keeping Heirlooms?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Have they confirmed that WF/TF/Sockets are going away? In one interview it sounded like WF/TF atleast were sticking around.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if I'm in the minority or not, but I do like the theme this time around. I'm only disappointed with the lack of a new class and/or the somewhat lack of new features and class design. Definitely not throwing a fit about it. Looking forward to the Covenants (couldn't care less about min-maxing), the new city and Covenant campaigns.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

No new classes is the biggest one for me. Second place would go to no more raid tier gear sets. Third place would be no new big feature. I'm done after getting my Deathwing mount.

Another thing to all the people who think since the majority of people who vote on this fan website, think their opinion is the majority of players; The people here are the hardest of the hardcore players. If people are really that mad and don't want to play Shadowlands, they won't come to this website to vote on this poll. They won't say anything really, and just not buy it. So, since the people on this site are the super fan, and half of you hate this expansion, then that must mean this expansion already has become an absolute failure!

Shadowlands is just WoD 2.0

Mad is a bit of an exaggeration. For me I need to see more from the class and specs to know for sure how I feel about it. Currently I'm getting a very BFA vibe from a lot of the things they're adding relating to Shadowlands combat features, and I don't like that feeling at all.

I'd be lying if I said that it didnt look a bit...empty.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Have they confirmed that WF/TF/Sockets are going away? In one interview it sounded like WF/TF atleast were sticking around.
    They didn't, but with how they sounded about Benthic sockets, I think they realize how bad the system is.

That said, nothing was mentioned on it, so no guarantee on anything, which is why it's nowhere in my post. At the very least, I LOVED Legiondaries, but the #1 problem was acquisition. Now it'll be fair for everyone, assuming you don't be dumb and craft garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Mad is a bit of an exaggeration. For me I need to see more from the class and specs to know for sure how I feel about it. Currently I'm getting a very BFA vibe from a lot of the things they're adding relating to Shadowlands combat features, and I don't like that feeling at all.

I'd be lying if I said that it didnt look a bit...empty.
    Kinda like this. Content-wise it's VERY empty. Torghast is basically it.

I'm not mad, just very skeptical and a bit upset. Pleased with a lot of stuff I heard, but pessimistic as usual.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

GCD changes are not reverted, the game feel will still be dull af
    Last edited by r0LanD; 2019-11-02 at 10:25 PM.

No faction merger is my only gripe for now. Everything else looks solid so far.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really like the ideas of the new expansion
    Only thing Feel they have played it safe on the unpruning.
    when he used that excuse about people complaining in MOP about the button bloat
    the silence said it all.

The leveling squish is what I dislike, but can live with so whatever. No ap grind has me happy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This expansion is half amazing and half awful.

The good:
    + Torghast (conceptually)
    + Class design (conceptually)
    + Legendaries returning
    + Less RNG, for example the weekly chest will be "here's some items, pick one of them" instead of "here's your disenchant for the week"
    + More customization for races, be the character you really want to be.

The bad:
    - Faction divide staying; alliance horrible for recruiting for Mythic raiding
    - Besides DK, no class/race restrictions lifted
    --- Which means those customization changes don't let you "be who you want to be" due to race restrictions (also the faction divide)
    - Flying still the awful "wait 18 months to fly in initial zones"
    -(?) Covenant balancing worries me way too much between all the power you gain from them and how they'll be balanced between 3 other choices. What about picking the one I want vs the one for min-maxing? (MAX difference should be around .5% for the majority of the time; more than that and I'm pretty pissed)
    - No new class or race at launch, nor new specs, nor even "large class changes"
    --- Which means those awful buffs/debuffs from BfA are probably here to stay
    - No major content announced outside of Covenants and Torghast

The ???:
    ? How will mounts/flight work for 10-50?
    ? Are we keeping Heirlooms?
    That sums it up pretty well, my ally raiding guild died at Mythic Azhara was getting close, but between the apathy of bfa and the trouble of just filling up the actual raid, nope. after an entire expansion of telling us this was going to end the faction war and all the hints about blue and red "getting along" in at least some sense, you would think they were at the very least going to loosen race restrictions so you could choose your faction at a certain point. but apparently no, that just doesn't fit blizzards "narrative". I genuinely wonder how much ally raiders will be left near the end of shadowlands.

the fact there is no new class or race is giving me WoD flashbacks and i'm already skeptical. I didn't see one real "hook" for this expac, theres still time to show us something before i'm guessing summer 2020 but after this blizzcon I don't have high hopes about it.