Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Obviously the solution is to arm all 7 year olds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    And your so called democracy is killing every bills (some having 90%+ public support) coming from congress because it is coming from non republican.

Enjoy your sham freedom.
    Keep crying about guns. We arent giving them up any more than you are going to give up cars after a guy runs over people yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Keep crying about guns. We arent giving them up any more than you are going to give up cars after a guy runs over people yet again.
    You mean like in Charlottesville?

Chicago does not make the top ten but people like to ignore per capita.

Also Chicago has strong gun laws. Doesn’t matter though as you can travel for like thirty minutes and then bam... no more having to deal with restrictive gun laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    If she would have a gun, she could have protected herself. Isn't that the rethoric for the US gun laws as they are?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Of course. Let's blame cities, race, ethnicity, political alignment, mental health, Obama, the weather, full moon whatever. Just never the guns and American gun culture.

Have you ever considered why cities see higher crime rates? Have you?

Give it a shot. Tell me, why you think cities have higher crime rates?
    What's the murder rate like among the people who are most representative of American gun culture? It might be slightly difficult to isolate, but I think you'll quickly find that rural white Republicans aren't a particularly violent group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Chicago does not make the top ten but people like to ignore per capita.

Also Chicago has strong gun laws. Doesn’t matter though as you can travel for like thirty minutes and then bam... no more having to deal with restrictive gun laws.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the guys involved here wouldn't pass the sort of basic background check that gets run if you go buy a gun at Cabela's 30 minutes away. I'm not what location you think is 30 minutes from Chicago that's causing trouble with their lack of restrictive gun laws.

Also, Chicago actually is tenth per capita. There's not a super bright demarcation though and I'm sure it varies year to year, so perhaps they're 12th or 13th sometimes. Even if they were a fair bit lower, "less murderous than Stockton" isn't really something you'd be inclined to put on a banner.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2019-11-02 at 02:37 PM.

Of course. Let's blame cities, race, ethnicity, political alignment, mental health, Obama, the weather, full moon whatever. Just never the guns and American gun culture.
    When you think of "American gun culture" is this really the same culture that the victim & assailant would have come from? Bunch of middle aged people in the country goin' to gun shows, goin' round back and shootin' some varmints, studyin' up on some different guns... I think there at least must be two separate, distinct American gun cultures, because that does not sound like it is the same cultural structure as urban Chicago, even though superficially you could confuse them easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just fucking disgusting.

Can't we soon have a world wide bill stating that if an adult does harm to a child, they'll be flagged under the same statement as a paedofile so that people can shunned them away from nearby communities or what not. Hope they get the fucker.

Shootings should all be given highest punishment, even accidental..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    When you think of "American gun culture" is this really the same culture that the victim & assailant would have come from? Bunch of middle aged people in the country goin' to gun shows, goin' round back and shootin' some varmints, studyin' up on some different guns... I think there at least must be two separate, distinct American gun cultures, because that does not sound like it is the same cultural structure as urban Chicago, even though superficially you could confuse them easily.
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to not notice the bait and switch at this point. Gangster scumbag engages in scumbag gang activity, rural hobbyists to blame and must be disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What's the murder rate like among the people who are most representative of American gun culture? It might be slightly difficult to isolate, but I think you'll quickly find that rural white Republicans aren't a particularly violent group.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the guys involved here wouldn't pass the sort of basic background check that gets run if you go buy a gun at Cabela's 30 minutes away. I'm not what location you think is 30 minutes from Chicago that's causing trouble with their lack of restrictive gun laws.

Also, Chicago actually is tenth per capita. There's not a super bright demarcation though and I'm sure it varies year to year, so perhaps they're 12th or 13th sometimes. Even if they were a fair bit lower, "less murderous than Stockton" isn't really something you'd be inclined to put on a banner.
    Having freely available weapons not far away means more weapons available for crminals. There is a reason why often in the uk shootings that do happen tend to happen with crappy guns with a high failure rate of fire compared to say USA. That is purely because of how accessible guns are to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This is just fucking disgusting.

Can't we soon have a world wide bill stating that if an adult does harm to a child, they'll be flagged under the same statement as a paedofile so that people can shunned them away from nearby communities or what not. Hope they get the fucker.

Shootings should all be given highest punishment, even accidental..
    Accidents shouldn’t be punished as though they weren’t for the purpose of punishment is for a person to atone and learn a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Having freely available weapons not far away means more weapons available for crminals. There is a reason why often in the uk shootings that do happen tend to happen with crappy guns with a high failure rate of fire compared to say USA. That is purely because of how accessible guns are to begin with.
    Where are weapons "freely available"?

The notion that UK shootings have high failure rates because of weapon quality is pretty funny. People who are into anti-gun advocacy have the goofiest ideas about how these things work.

Anyway, Chicago being a shithole isn't actually a valid reason to disarm law-abiding citizens elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Where are weapons "freely available"?

The notion that UK shootings have high failure rates because of weapon quality is pretty funny. People who are into anti-gun advocacy have the goofiest ideas about how these things work.

Anyway, Chicago being a shithole isn't actually a valid reason to disarm law-abiding citizens elsewhere.
    Goofiest? Black market gun prices are higher there people opt for cheaper guns when they can’t afford better guns which won’t have the same quality which is why the failure rate and are you now unaware of where Chicago is located and its relation to the rest of the states about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that Sheriff how went around town putting up signs at the homes of sex offenders to ward off Trick or Treaters? Well its time the police force gun owners to put of signs on their homes, signs warning kids, innocent bystanders, first responders etc that there's a chance they might get shot if they knock on the door.

Have you ever considered why cities see higher crime rates? Have you?

Give it a shot. Tell me, why you think cities have higher crime rates?
    Because major cities are cesspools? (I mean seriously, why in the hell do people live in major cities????) Because they have lower rates of gun ownership? Because they have a higher rate of poor minorities? There are many things in play.

Since I was a kid, gun ownership has dropped significantly, gun crime has not. Guns are easy to blame, but they are a tool, not the cause, of US violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Guess first the country this place took in, then the city.

Quote my post and reply with your guesses.

hmm Detroit?
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/detroit-m...-in-clown-mask

SF?
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/na...i5u-story.html

Chicago?
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...een/ar-AAJGB2o

Kenner, LA?
    https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...ccb5a5b3f.html

Brooklyn, NY?
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...564210351.html

Phoenix AZ?
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ht/4121790002/

San Jose?
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...se-police-say/

DEKALB COUNTY, Tenn?
    https://www.wkrn.com/news/man-shot-t...lloween-night/

Baltimore MD?
    https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...otings-latest/

Croxteth , UK?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...TTAIWy4YeAcdab

Fayetteville NC??
    https://www.wral.com/fayetteville-mu...year/18736770/

Milton GA??
    https://patch.com/georgia/alpharetta...ully-halloween

Houston, TX ?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...nty/ar-AAJGqWt

Harper woods MI?
    https://www.candgnews.com/news/harpe...morning-115649

etc etc, my fingers hurt......want more guesses???

P.S.

Florida???
    https://www.tcpalm.com/story/special...30/4084659002/

Oh wait those are shots for flu....fucking florida…always messing up!!!.. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Another thread where Americans pretend to care. Need one every few days.
    after 20 elementary school kids died at sandy hook, it proved the # of deaths and the people involved still has not hit the point to which people actually give a shit more than a day-month max.

sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It was most likely a gang related incident and she got hit by a stray bullet. She wasnt shot by some boomer that had kids walk on his lawn and he finally had enough. Taking their ball away just wasnt working.
    yup I mean its not like there were not accidental and non accidental shootings by boomers on Halloween ...oh wait....I listed some....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    The people who legally possess firearms aren't doing this stuff though. The majority of the deaths are from handguns in the hands of people who shouldn't have one, in cities administered by Democrats with some of the toughest gun laws in the United States. They are hardly ever committed by the people you hate the most; ethnically white, Republican, employed and enrolled in the NRA.

Its minority Democrats killing minority Democrats with handguns while screaming at middle American to surrender their long guns.
    Oh boy...I mean....really?

Based on numerous studies this is not the case. There is multiple problems with your statement of "fact".

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ties_1999-2013

Results: Most states had at least one violent or extremely violent county. Extremely violent gun counties were mostly rural, poor, predominantly minority, had high unemployment rate and homicide rate

The four levels of gun deaths were characterized by distinct socio-demographic characteristics with minority populations being
    represented to a greater degree in regions with higher rates of gun death. We also showed that the relatively safe counties were less
    poor, with higher household income, lower unemployment, and with largely urban counties
    as compared with violent and
    extremely violent counties, which were predominantly rural counties

presents the percentage of each of the four levels of gun death rates represented in each state using the 15-year gun death
    rates. Connecticut and Rhode Island had 100% of all counties categorized as relatively safe gun counties, and 14 states had 50% of
    their counties included as the relatively safe gun counties. Seven states of Nevada, Mississippi, Alaska, Alabama, New Mexico, South
    Carolina and Wyoming, and District of Columbia had no counties belonging to the relatively safe level of gun deaths. Most states
    (except Connecticut and Rhode Island) had at least one county belonging to either the violent or extremely violent category.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Because major cities are cesspools? (I mean seriously, why in the hell do people live in major cities????) Because they have lower rates of gun ownership? Because they have a higher rate of poor minorities? There are many things in play.

Since I was a kid, gun ownership has dropped significantly, gun crime has not. Guns are easy to blame, but they are a tool, not the cause, of US violence.
    People live in cities because it's where the jobs are. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE.

Poverty is endemic to rural areas across the world, including the developed world. So, if you aspire to more than chronic unemployment, alcoholism, meth abuse, shit jobs, racism, homophobia, xenophobia if you happen to belong to any minority, and dying before you the retirement age your best bet is to move to a city. It doesn't guarantee you'll be better off, but the odds improve substantially.

And that is the same reason why crime rates are higher in cities, because the destitute move there and sometimes they don't make it, the legit way.

10+ Year Old Account
    People live in cities because it's where the jobs are. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE.

Poverty is endemic to rural areas across the world, including the developed world. So, if you aspire to more than chronic unemployment, alcoholism, meth abuse, shit jobs, racism, homophobia, xenophobia if you happen to belong to any minority, and dying before you the retirement age your best bet is to move to a city. It doesn't guarantee you'll be better off, but the odds improve substantially.

And that is the same reason why crime rates are higher in cities, because the destitute move there and sometimes they don't make it, the legit way.
    I have a degree, and a tech job, and commute into the city, but refuse to live in it because I actually enjoy having a nice place to live.

I have a degree, and a tech job, and commute into the city, but refuse to live in it because I actually enjoy having a nice place to live.
    I do IT work for a hospital and plan to move to the city where my hospital is at. However I'm moving as far from the hospital as I can get in that city because it seems the closer you get to the hospital the neighborhoods get progressively worse. I'm currently one a 45 minute commute 1 way.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Suburban=/=Rural. Meaningful distinction.

If you live in the greater metropolitan area of the city where you work, you are technically urban.

Most US cities, with a few exceptions, are notoriously poorly designed for human habitation, byproduct of post WW2 car focused urban planning.

In the top 40 livable cities ranking there are literally 2 US cities. Honolulu at 22 and Seattle at 40.

The top 10 is dominated by European, Canadian, Australian and Japanese cities. The rest of ranking is basically just European cities across the board.

Our cities are they way they are because we chose to make them what they are.

Along with the 44 other people who were shot in Chicago this week.

How sad. When will we live in a world where this type of thing doesn't happen?