Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Horse shit. No one asked for Pathfinder. No one wanted it. Ion doesn't like flying so this is the punishment you get. They said they listen to the players and obviously they dont
    Yeah, I am disappointed as well. If they asked me I'd tell them to remove flying completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroCactus View Post
    Mad props to the Free Hong Kong folks. People mad about it can stay mad, you're children willing to trade morality for toys.
    You're full of it. If you were really invested in that cause you'd be protesting in the streets and not on a gaming site.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Play Classic WoW?
    Classic is shit, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowater View Post
    Damn it, the Q&A is short enough. How much time did Taliesin waste and how many questions could have been asked instead. If he wanted to ask his own questions he could have sat down with them for an interview for his youtube channel instead. So frustrating.
    to be fair he did ask a bunch of things that I at least wanted answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    tbh, most of the questions that were asked were just... stupid. It's not like we missed much
    What if we actually missed some good ones because he wasted so much time?
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

If people really want answers to actual, important questions, we need to pressure Blizzard to sit down with people like Preach and FatBoss dude 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    wow you must support literally nothing if you think the only way to support something is to be an active participant.

- - - Updated - - -

I like pathfinder. So. ha.
    Support

1. bear all or part of the weight of; hold up. 2. give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act.

Tell me how he was supporting Hong Kong by interrupting a QnA for a video game. please. Was he "bringing attention to it?" do you honestly in your heart believe he did anything at all to help those people fighting for freedom? Do you personally even have any real idea of what's happening over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    And that is not my qualm, my qualm was him or Eve constantly adding more they had to say every single damn time a question was asked. I'm not referring at all to what he was asking from the online questions. Pay attention.
    It's called flair, I'm sorry you're so angry that the hosts, the devs and the audience were having barrels of laughs. I wonder who the problem is? Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    And that is not my qualm, my qualm was him or Eve constantly adding more they had to say every single damn time a question was asked. I'm not referring at all to what he was asking from the online questions. Pay attention.
    To be fair its not as if they would have asked more questions. They probably got a set number of questions (+- 2) and x time to fill. The entire reason they have hosts instead of just a queue these days is because they're (Blizz) making it into an entertainment event as opposed to a event to disseminate actual information.

No one asking about titanforge removal? bunch of pussies

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    If people really want answers to actual, important questions, we need to pressure Blizzard to sit down with people like Preach and FatBoss dude 1 on 1.
    Exactly, Q&A has always been a bit of a shitshow for important questions. I'm surprised the so called experts in this forum haven't picked up on this over the last 10+ years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafayu View Post
    Support

1. bear all or part of the weight of; hold up. 2. give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act.

Tell me how he was supporting Hong Kong by interrupting a QnA for a video game. please. Was he "bringing attention to it?" do you honestly in your heart believe he did anything at all to help those people fighting for freedom? Do you personally even have any real idea of what's happening over there?
    Seems like a fight for democracy, as an American that's a 10/10 for me. And yeah, I guess all Marketing Departments and agencies can shut down. Talking about something isn't a call to action for others. We can pack it up boys. Word of mouth only from here-on-out. Nice semantics argument though, pick that one up in 2012?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    They did.

This isn't a problem with the hosts its the type of event. This is clearly now aimed at being an 'entertainment' event rather than an 'informative' event. When they are willing to give specifics on mechanics/game design they give interviews to people like preach, when they are trying to have a more relaxed light-hearted event they go to people like T&E.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Lol at the folks who think blizzard is going to be hurting with ieepijg pathfinder. Of they thought it was hurting their subs they wouldn't keep doing it.

Personally I am fine with pathfinder, 6-10 months is completely fine enough for me with no flying and based on the design ideas I hope the maw will never have flying
    Seem unlikely that it will. Flying was nice in TBC because all it did was allow you to access higher areas at max level. Now that everyone can zoomie around at 330% speed it's just a time saver. Their options are "Force flying back to 60% with 100% being only if you got hella gold." Which everyone would despise. Or simply just make it something you earn. That being said, I do believe it should unlock at part 1. Waiting for a part 2 always seemed silly to me.

It also worked in TBC because it was on a floating rock. Playing through classic, the world seems so much bigger because they can use movie magic to make it look that way. Classic Stormwind seems so much grander than current SW cause they had to remove all the painted backdrops.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2019-11-02 at 10:45 PM.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Bah I was to slow..

Q: Are tier sets coming back next expansion?
    A: Not in the initial patch of Shadowlands, but they want to have class-themed armor return at some point. They don't want players to feel like those slots are locked for tier sets, but know that set bonuses are exciting and want to find a way to implement them without checking a box in a gear slot. The team knows sets were a big drive to raid and are gonna use the feedback for Shadowlands by giving things to chase in raids. You will want to kill N'Zoth a lot!

That would be so easy to fix.. Make 2-4-6-8 Set bonus Tokens. you get 1 Token... and want to use it on said 1 Ring that you will keep for a long time.. next Raid get a 2ed Token and use it on a trinket and BAM you got 2P bonus.. Got a new Ring.. lose Set Bonus.. but you get Lucky and get a Token from LFR or Mythic+ w/e.. and back to 2P bonus..

The Bonus will be the Same but you chose the Item.. and can be..

Set Bonus 1 (2Pices) Any content. (except Pvp)
    Set Bonus 2 (4Pices) Mythic +10 / Raid
    Set Bonus 3 (6Pices) (Mythic +15 / HC raid.)
    Set Bonus 4 (8Pices) (Mythic Raid only)

Set Bonus can also be gained from Pvp but will be named PvP Token and will only give a set Bonus for pvp that wont work in PvE content. (War mode on) and it work in open world regardless of PvE/PvP

Max Tokens Per week 4. but not 100% drop so you might get 0 but then get one in weekly chest M10..

Just like the tingy from Diablo 3 that add a Socket to a weapon..

https://twitter.com/TaliesinEvitel/s...58204566695937

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin&Evitel (Twitter)
    We literally went through the questions so fast we literally ran out of questioners 5 minutes early
    For those complaining about them taking up time.

I asked one of the questions. Specifically about realm connections because that impacts many players games on a daily basis regardless of expansion and they have been silent on the subject since it was mentioned in a q and a early last year.

Here is how the questions work. You write it down on a card and put it in the mail box at the dark moon faire. They texted me saying my question was selected. Then we met up and were walked to hall D by Kaivax who is a very nice guy and said he was glad I had the Hong Kong sticker on. We weren't coached in following the question or told what we could or could not say. We were just put in an order they had predetermined and were put in a line to ask out questions.

You bet there were some hard critical questions that were in the mailbox. But they weren't selected before hand. The people that were selected even talked about not giving shout outs this year so we could get more questions. I only noticed one of those.

We didnt meet Taliensen or Evital before hand. I also think he did a great job diffusing the situation with the kid shouting about hong kong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    to be fair he did ask a bunch of things that I at least wanted answered.
    Sure thats fair, the set question was good. But he still wasted alot of time with jokes etc. But when he started hinting to his ideas from his youtube videos i got annoyed. People had questions about the expansion and he asked about his ideas, such things he could do after since he is already their guest host. I think Q&A should be the regular people asking devs because ots the only time they can. Youtubers like him who even got invited as a guest usually get a personal interview that they release when blizzcon has ended.
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowater View Post
    Sure thats fair, the set question was good. But he still wasted alot of time with jokes etc. But when he started hinting to his ideas from his youtube videos i got annoyed. People had questions about the expansion and he asked about his ideas, such things he could do after since he is already their guest host. I think Q&A should be the regular people asking devs because ots the only time they can. Youtubers like him who even got invited as a guest usually get a personal interview that they release when blizzcon has ended.
    The set question was still a non answer though "We wanna do something" Tends to mean "We dont know how, so maybe in 3 years"

Q: How is flying going to work in Shadowlands?
    A: Shadowlands will use the same system as Legion and BfA for unlocking flying.

rip