Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Coming soon: Warcraft Chronicles - Void Lord Edition! Read all the shadowy thruths about the lore of your beloved universe told by the masters of shadow who know ALL* the truths! All of them written in song-format!

*only applies to the Void Lords' perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    We just didn't know the full story, come on bro Blizzard is a small indie company, just turn your brain off bro, where did they ever actually say what they said was the only part of what they said they said, it's canon from the titans PoV, If you complain about mistakes they'll never be able to expand the lore, please let me justify my sunk cost fallacy.

Pick any option.
    its not a mistake.

If you actually knew a single thing about writing you'd know ALL writers change stuff up to fit the story.

You are a SHITTY writer if you ruin your story cus of inconsequential details you wrote 10 years before.

in book 1 of The Dresden Files he says that science is just a supersition, but in later books magic is a science and science is important for using magic

because when he wrote the first book he wasnt sure of the full tone and didnt get alot of details straight till the 3rd.

They literally looked at the old lore , and expanded on it. Just cus a few never died humans in azeroth THINK they understood the shadowlands doesnt change the actual lore.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Look I love the game and the Warcraft universe, but even I’m only invested in the lore as a theoretical exercise at this point. “Meh, whatever” is the only reasonable in-game approach without giving yourself an aneurism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I really like the Titans' perspective on the events happening on Draenor long after Sargeras sliced their asses though. What a deep look on things. It's almost as if they were not there.
    They seriously said that Chronicles were written by the Titan's perspective? Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Or the very first pagesdescribing the universe before they were actually born XD
    Oh yeah. That part of Chronicle v1 has about as much of a validity as "the universe hatched from an egg" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They seriously said that Chronicles were written by the Titan's perspective? Are you for real?
    Yeah, it was one of the final questions in the WoW Q&A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by FlasKamel View Post
    I'm glad they let themselves retcon alot of stuff, lettin there be even more to learn
    Its annoying AF to lore people because we get used to one story. one method, only to have it changed suddenly that can and will conflict with other stories. Esspecially when they do it as much as blizzard does.. one small retcon occassionally doesnt matter, but this happens every expac, even every patch.. and its very frustrating.

Its like saying "this balloon is red" "now its blue" "now its green" WELL WHICH IS IT? I ALREADY TOLD MY FRIEND I HAVE A RED BALLOON!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    That’s fairly common practice in any huge IP to always tell your story from certain points of view so they can be questioned and flawed. Elder Scrolls books in game are written by bias characters covering the same topics with conflicting points of view. The Game of Thrones books are all POV with many of the supplementary written by Maesters. I’ve always found it immersing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator
    Well the problem is that is not what these books were meant to be and the whole style shows it, these books are all written from an omnipresent viewpoint, it simply can't be from the titans perspective.

yep, in Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    They would be idiots not to give themselves an escape route for ensuring they could add content without being forced into a lore straight jacket.
    Yeah, consistency is such an idiotic concept.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

They just said it in the Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    They would be idiots not to give themselves an escape route for ensuring they could add content without being forced into a lore straight jacket.
    Yeah, consistency be damned! Whatever they do, no matter how contradictory to previous material, is Right and Proper. Do not question Blizzard's divine will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The sky shattered because the helm was broken. It wasn't there before the helm.

Oh yeah. That part of Chronicle v1 has about as much of a validity as "the universe hatched from an egg" now.
    Funny, since they used that flawed cosmic chart to explain the next xpack, they sure have style don't they? ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Its annoying AF to lore people because we get used to one story. one method, only to have it changed suddenly that can and will conflict with other stories. Esspecially when they do it as much as blizzard does.. one small retcon occassionally doesnt matter, but this happens every expac, even every patch.. and its very frustrating.

Its like saying "this balloon is red" "now its blue" "now its green" WELL WHICH IS IT? I ALREADY TOLD MY FRIEND I HAVE A RED BALLOON!
    It's more like "This Baloon is Red" "Now it's Magenta" "Now it's Maroon"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Yeah, it was one of the final questions in the WoW Q&A.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yep, in Q&A.
    They just said it in the Q&A
    I don't know what to say. What the hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yeah, consistency be damned! Whatever they do, no matter how contradictory to previous material, is Right and Proper. Do not question Blizzard's divine will.
    It's not possible to have 100% consistency in a fantasy world this big with new content having to be added for the foreseeable future.

Like, literally impossible. It would be stupid of them to pretend otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the problem is that is not what these books were meant to be and the whole style shows it, these books are all written from an omnipresent viewpoint, it simply can't be from the titans perspective.
    Well that certainly tells us a lot about how the Titans see themselves and their perspective hahaha. But seriously codifying indisputable truth with a capital T in your work is going to be very unrelatable because we don’t have that in real life.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    That’s fairly common practice in any huge IP to always tell your story from certain points of view so that they can be questioned and flawed. Elder Scrolls books in game are written by bias characters covering the same topics with conflicting points of view. The Game of Thrones books are all POV with many of the supplementary written by Maesters. I’ve always found it immersing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator
    Except the Chronicle isn't an in-game book. From the very trailer of Chronicle v1. the Chronicles were supposed to be "a series that attempts to codify, tighten up and clarify the history of Warcraft.". Essentially an encyclopedia of Warcraft lore.

I don't know what to say. What the hell...
    Well I know what I will do, mocking their story for the trash it is XD

10+ Year Old Account
    "Good news, everyone! We released three lore bibles that cover the lion's share of the overarching story to smooth out and clarify the official position on lore matters that have been subject to retcons, and you can reliably use this as a reference point going forward!"

"Good news, everyone! Turns out we're full of shit, so our hack writers are cowering behind the excuse that Chronicle is not, in fact, a Doylist lore bible but is instead a Watsonian narration from the Titans' point of view, making it all overpriced, underperforming toilet paper as our hands are once again untied to retcon and rewrite whatever we please in order to push whatever hot takes our latest mediocre hack writers have grunted out in the company outhouse!"
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!