View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stuck to the ground until all Pathfinder achievements are met. I can live with that. It really doesn't bother me much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Then I say fuck them, and don't buy their expansion which has exactly zero redeeming qualities about it. I didn't buy BfA and not going to buy this Shadowblands either.
    Then why are you posting on WoW forums?

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Then why are you posting on WoW forums?
    Because I feel passionate about the game I used to love? Or is this concept too outlandish to wrap your smarty head around it?

Yep, and it will be the same in the next expansion and the one after that. Because the alternatives are worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I feel passionate about the game I used to love? Or is this concept too outlandish to wrap your smarty head around it?
    I miss the good old days where people quit doing things they hate and moved on with their lives, but I guess ya'll gotta get that validation somewhere.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I miss the good old days where people quit doing things they hate and moved on with their lives, but I guess ya'll gotta get that validation somewhere.
    Yes, you got that right, random internet guy with 8 fucking thousand posts over the last seven years. I did some math, it looks like you posted about 3 posts every day for the last seven years. Boy, do you know everything about getting validation somewhere!

I'm fine with the whole Pathfinder system except for the ridiculous time-gating they enforce. Just let us fly at patch 9.1 as long as Pathfinder is done.

Yes, you got that right, random internet guy with 8 fucking thousand posts over the last seven years. I did some math, it looks like you posted about 3 posts every day for the last seven years. Boy, do you know everything about getting validation somewhere!
    Made me lol,thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not trying to be funny here but, what exactly do you do other than world quests that you need flying for? If anything flying is the most benefit for the thing you just tried to take the piss out of, someone who is in the world. If you aren't doing those world quests (LFR is irrelevant, as all raiding is for flying), then why do you need it?

Farming? Wouldn't consider flying a requirement.
    WPvPing? Definitely something you DON'T want flying for.
    Questing, yeah I can see that. Not a game breaker though.
    Exploring? Wouldn't really call it exploring if you got a helicopter above a mountain to take a photo. You traverse it on foot and explore your way up there though? That's a different story. Definitely shouldn't want flying to explore.

Other than being able to avoid mobs and afk fly from A to B, I genuinely don't believe there is a reason to have flying considering the downsides to it. But alas, this argument has been had a thousand times and opinions differ.
    I think more or less it’s been a staple since BC. Not only that, but the way these expansions are TERRIBLY designed land wise gives nothing more than confusion.

For the people who don’t want to fly- don’t use your flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    all that booing and Ion was like "lol F... you "

gotta boost those MAU.
    If this boosts MAUs or subs doesn't it mean that more people want to play the game with this system?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Alrighty then so flying doesn't exist at all if none of us have any say. You just ate your own shoe my friend because if it was solely upto blizzard they would remove it, as they have already said before.
    SMH. Blizzard is, in fact, solely responsible for what the put in and take out of the game. The reason they don't take it out is because they know that it will affect their financial bottom line.

---

I don't have any problem with pathfinder. I'm going to doing the rep grinds anyway.
    Last edited by tacoloco; 2019-11-02 at 11:35 PM.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because being an active user on a forum about a game I enjoy clearly = seeking validation. I couldn't care less whether anyone here agrees or disagrees with anything I say, I'm here because I enjoy the game.

Versus people like you, who literally rage like angry spoiled children over anything that isn't served up on a platter exactly the way you ordered it. A glance at your posting history reveals little more than a whole bunch of crying and bellyaching over a game that you're supposedly 'done with' but clearly very passionate™ about.

I'm pretty sure that the definition of 'passionate' is something other than 'bitch like entitled child about thing on interwebz' but hey, you do you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Flying is objectively bad for the game. If you want to fly, go play Minecraft Creative.
    This is a rpg game

1) Get a garrison with a trader post and engineer shop
    2) make infinite free glider kits
    3) unlock the FM whistle which is trivially easy
    4) Barely notice flying is absent. (Unless you're on mechagon doing rare hunting, grumble grumble...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    the fact that people think it won't is hilarious as fuck

Pathfinder would be fine if there wasn't the arbitrary "Wait a fucking year for part 2" bullshit.

Just let us finish part 1and fly. Part 2 can be for flying in whatever new zones the patch added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try and discuss this without all of the personal insults.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Flying is objectively bad for the game. If you want to fly, go play Minecraft Creative.
    This is a rpg game
    It's been a long time since WoW was an RPG by any stretch of the imagination. It's a zoomed-in Diablo, which is not an RPG but a Piñata Simulator - you click stuff until candy falls out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    It's clear from Ion words that the options are: "pathfinder or not flying".
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Expected but still disappointing.

Pathfinder is nice, having to wait 1 year for it is not.

Playing BFA since the start, game became much more enjoyable after we got flight.