Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It feels extremely bizarre that the monochrome logo for Shadowlands is seemingly designed around the corpse run realm you go to when you die - which was originally defined as the Shadowlands - but is now apparently the spirit healers keeping us from the actual Shadowlands, which is an entirely separate plane that looks nothing like Azeroth?

So what does that make the corpse run plane, then? The Not Shadowlands?
    That’s the spirit realm. It’s like the in-between realm spirits and echoes and stuff can chill in, like Tauren ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    At least the artwork in the books was nice.

Seriously though, I don't have a huge issue with retcons, but that is a pretty weak excuse.
    This, no issue with this "retcon", but I do have an issue with that weak excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Shadowlands is the first expansion that was worked on with Golden on board from the get go. So out of your proposed explanations it would be the latter.
    Honestly, with all the damage they've done and effort they've put in just to build her up to this point, I shudder to think what lore-abomination we're going to see once Sylvanas' "true plan" is actually revealed. Although considering they've already emphasised how her deal with the Jailer is just a practical alliance, there's a good chance we won't even see her "true" motivations this expansion either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    Honestly, with all the damage they've done and effort they've put in just to build her up to this point, I shudder to think what lore-abomination we're going to see once Sylvanas' "true plan" is actually revealed. Although considering they've already emphasised how her deal with the Jailer is just a practical alliance, there's a good chance we won't even see her "true" motivations this expansion either.
    inb4 her plan is to become a death goddess by making us slap the jailor that way they don't have the change the forsaken voiced lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Lmao at people being mad about Titans PoV Chronicles.
    Ah, yes, Blizzard changing what the Chronicles are (and consequently making their own advertisement of the Chronicles false) just to excuse their sloppy writing is just A-OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    Maybe she will use her power to break the 8th Wall to escape to a different setting altogether so that Blizzad's writers stop raping her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I can't wait to read about the lore from Mudmug's perspective @Arrashi
    Im pretty sure that at this point official writers are far more shitfaced with alcohol from even more questionable sources than even great one could imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ah, yes, Blizzard changing what the Chronicles are (and consequently making their own advertisement of the Chronicles false) just to excuse their sloppy writing is just A-OK.

Maybe she will use her power to break the 8th Wall to escape to a different setting altogether so that Blizzad's writers stop raping her.
    Ironically the FFXIV devs are the opposite they have a lore bible and don't deviate from it when it comes to writing the story, might be why their plot and characters are more consistent. They simply add details around the main information.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I didn't waste money on chronicles.

Well we've got the shadowy version of azeroth we're in when we're dead where the spirit healers linger. I'd just write that off as being yet another portion of the Shadowlands. Not very "deep in." Uuna for example being pulled deeper from there into "A Dark Place."

Spirit healers take you from that realm to these sub-domains that are the new zones based on judgement by the Arbiter.

Or, again as per Uuna, apparently dark spirits can snatch you up, drag you deeper into the darkest pits of the Shadowlands and devour your soul before you get to that point. Sweet dreams!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-03 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    that's it folks.

there is no retcon in Warcraft franchise anymore.

I wanted to buy Chronicles one day but after seeing this

yep, they can change whatever they wish without screaming retcons.

very, very smart indeed...
    Holy shit the conspiracy theory guy about Chronicles being Titan propaganda was right...
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im pretty sure that at this point official writers are far more shitfaced with alcohol from even more questionable sources than even great one could imagine.
    Now that has to be quite a bit of booze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Now that has to be quite a bit of booze.
    Maybe they are chuggin pure methanol and can't see what they are writing?

Maybe they are chuggin pure methanol and can't see what they are writing?
    It would explain a bit, especially their rotten memory.

Guess I am on the minority to be excited by the prospect of new chronicles from other perspectives?
    Then again, I am on the camp that is not afraid of change and wants the lore to keep moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It would explain a bit, especially their rotten memory.
    Imagine Golden and Danuser filtering windscreen wiper fluid through few slices of bread like a real slavs.

Imagine Golden and Danuser filtering windscreen wiper fluid through few slices of bread like a real slavs.
    I had to laugh, never change man XD

Absolutely disgusting decision to throw Chronicle under the bus as a product. For shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    the biggest problem for me was the line 'no mortal went to shadowlands'
    that isn't retcon lvl, that is sh8tting on lore for sake of just sh8tting
    the shadow priest artifact dagger play a key role in all current events, to get it the playable priest went to get a human female priestess from the shadowlands, that's at least 2 mortal that successfully returned from shadowlands confirmed, yet they didn't even bother to check how Sylvanas reached that mary sue godlike lvl, they just u know what let's make shadowlands never saw by mortals for the lols

Blizz used to care a LOT about lore, to degree when Chris made the draenei mistake he apologized to us and assured that TBC is far in development he can't retract that mistake and promise to take care to not repeat it
    Blizz used to be the guy in first panel in that comic, now they are the 2nd guy, anything just to sell sh8t
    I regret i cared so much about lore, honestly this probably killed my interest in wow lore, I already read Before the storm way late in BFA cycle because i didn't care much about it, next exp doubt i'll even care about a book if they release one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Silly lore plebs, you actually thought we'd release a definitive, final answer set of books, thereby preventing us from selling more later, and retconning at will?"
    yes
    honestly and seriously yes, i really thought so, that's why i ordered it in first place, they said it was definite final answer, and i was so glad they finally will clean their closet
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yes
    honestly and seriously yes, i really thought so, that's why i ordered it in first place, they said it was definite final answer, and i was so glad they finally will clean their closet
    I always thought it was a bad idea... with small hope.

The chronicles can still make perfect sense with the Titan's perspective. Remember Aman was the Titan of Time. So he could have time travel to a time before time was time aka places or events that predates even his own existence. He could also time travel into alternate realities to document "what if" events like a timeline where Sargeras didn't kill him or a timeline where some Pantheons went into different realms such as the Shadowlands to document their chronicles. The possibilities are endless and it's not impossible to say we might/could get a new chronicles that contains completely different events from any time.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing