5+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna drop a post because news of dark skinned Blood elves have came to my eyes, it's now part of the lore it seems and not just some strange appearance on an alternate universe.

https://twitter.com/Rendoas/status/1...170784256?s=20

@MyWholeLifeIsThunder This might interest you if I remember well, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    I'm gonna drop a post because news of dark skinned Blood elves have came to my eyes, it's now part of the lore it seems and not just some strange appearance on an alternate universe.

https://twitter.com/Rendoas/status/1...170784256?s=20

@MyWholeLifeIsThunder This might interest you if I remember well, enjoy!
    That could make a "dark ranger" kind of style I love the new idea of customizations for blood elves, because when i saw void elves i was totally jealous, i play horde, and i was like "why allied races get to have all the goodies?" haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    No Void elves are blood elves after high elves being renamed blood elves.
    Sorry that's just not true. The vast majority of Quel'dorei renamed themselves Sin'dorei but not all of them. There are some that still call themselves Quel'dorei. Yes they are very very few, but it's not true that all Quel'dorei are now Sin'dorei.

And the presence of both the High Elves Wayfarers and the Silvermoon Scholars in the Void Elf starting area proves that Sin'dorei =/= Quel'dorei and that Void Elves can come from both of them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry i get it, just keep it a healthy discussion Well i think that we compared to new races we can get, elves are higher than anything else. I would like to have something more than elves as new races. Something new, or even ethereals for example.
    Oh well, it has never been a 'Now! Now!' thing for me, I support this because I want the Alliance to have access to that part of their faction. I am already very happy with my Blood elf. It might be kind of a hurry for others, since more than a decade has passed for some requesting for it, and I already have want I love and have joined the discussion months after Allied Races were released.

At the proper time, I think we can agree with that if that's the concern you have.

@Selinde

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...e-azeroth-demo

Next up, Alleria said that she had been trying to convince the blood elves to rejoin the alliance but that her efforts were “futile.” However, she found a faction of blood elves who had been exiled from Silvermoon for practicing void magic. Alleria said she believes that she can train them to harness the Void as she can in return for having them join the alliance. Anduin responded that he didn’t like the idea of using void magic, but he trusts Alleria and her judgment, and that having seen what she’s capable of, the alliance can’t afford to ignore that kind of power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    And the topic returns and we are potentially in the endgame.

I believe the chances of a High Elf allied race are pretty much dead at this point. We have had enough commentary over the years, we have had the introduction of Void Elves and we have the end of the BFA allied race cycle. New races are back to being rare, and rarer races are going to have be substantially different to justify excitement at their addition. Not to mention, a few years is going to have to elapse in order to justify excitement on the part of the players.

Expanded character customization has already ended the hopes of a Wildhammer allied race, or a Forest Troll allied race, as both aesthetics are seemingly now being offered as customization options for existing troll and dwarf races. And given that all new players begin with a new starting experience, you really will be able to argue that you are a Wildhammer Dwarf or a Forest Troll.

Which brings us the Void Elves and the Blood Elves. What will they get. For Blood Elves the answer is obvious, the long requested blue eyes and the high elf tattoos from Warcraft 2. Mr.GM asked Moorgard about this in an interview but the reply was pretty non-commital, however I believe this is likelier than not to happen as giving options to an already playable race makes more sense than reserving that option for a group that is almost certainly never going to be added in it's own right.

Will Void Elves get new skin tones? Possibly, but the skin tones maybe mottled with the void because Blizzard might not be able to help themselves. Hopefully, they will let us know tonight because if they don't, Blood/Void Elf customization arguments will rumble on for months.
    Void Elves should get high elf customs too. There's plenty of canon and lore to support this in game. Which then begs the question, why even come up with void elves in the first place?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    And the presence of both the High Elves Wayfarers and the Silvermoon Scholars in the Void Elf starting area proves that Sin'dorei =/= Quel'dorei and that Void Elves can come from both of them.
    Well... We don't know if they can replicate the process.

5+ Year Old Account
    That was the initial group yes. But many more have joined their ranks and the presence of high elves in the void elf starting zone for almost an expansion and a half clearly demonstrates that some high elves have chosen to become a void elf.

Which also further proves that ion has no logical reason to give alliance high elves than just he doesn't like the idea personally.
    ― Ronald Regan

Oh well, it has never been a 'Now! Now!' thing for me, I support this because I want the Alliance to have access to that part of their faction. I am already very happy with my Blood elf. It might be kind of a hurry for others, since more than a decade has passed for some requesting for it, and I already have want I love and have joined the discussion months after Allied Races were released.

At the proper time, I think we can agree with that if that's the concern you have.
    I love elven race, don't get me wrong, i even started wow with a night elf and i never saw a place more beautiful in my life as in one simple game. I love them, i wouldn't mind ofc, but aat same time i recognize that wow should give some space for new races that are not elves. And for sure not repeated images where just eyes colour changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    That was the initial group yes. But many more have joined their ranks and the presence of high elves in the void elf starting zone for almost an expansion and a half clearly demonstrates that some high elves have chosen to become a void elf.

Which also further proves that ion has no logical reason to give alliance high elves than just he doesn't like the idea personally.
    The original ones? So that means, ok i'm understanding now, means that last high elves turned into void elves too and are trained by Alleria and can be basically looking like her?
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-03 at 02:23 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love elven race, don't get me wrong, i even started wow with a night elf and i never saw a place more beautiful in my life as in one simple game. I love them, i wouldn't mind ofc, but aat same time i recognize that wow should give some space for new races that are not elves. And for sure not repeated images where just eyes colour changes.

- - - Updated - - -

The original ones?
    Not sure what you mean by this. There are HIGH ELF wayfarers and SILVERMOON scholars. So there's a clear difference.
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this. There are HIGH ELF wayfarers and SILVERMOON scholars. So there's a clear difference.
    Sorry look again up, i edited.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry i get it, just keep it a healthy discussion Well i think that we compared to new races we can get, elves are higher than anything else. I would like to have something more than elves as new races. Something new, or even ethereals for example.
    Since they are increasing customization to existing races, we can get expanded looks without using up a race slot. An example is the recent info drop on Blood Elves getting dark skin tones.

This means they can also add extra High Elf customization to Void Elves without it taking up a race slot. Just like they added WH Dwarves to existing Dwarves and Blood/Sand/Dark Trolls to Darkspear to save those slots.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone ask them directly at Blizzcon about High Elves?

Personally I find it interesting how they added what would essentially be Wildhammer options to regular Dwarves and that satisfies that fantasy. Boneless Undead is another feature people have wanted for Forsaken and more Troll tribes represented sounds good to me.

I'm still hopeful we will see something High Elf with these customizations, as they may look at how much they're giving to other races and give some love to Allied Races. I'd like to see more for Void Elves, more normal hairstyles that aren't tentacles or anything like that and obviously High Elf skins, fairer and tattoos. We also don't know 100% what the final pair of Allied Races are, whilst I don't expect High Elf I would assume one is LF Undead.

I am worried about the additional Blood Elf customization. If they ended up getting what people want for High Elves that would be massive kick in the face.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

5+ Year Old Account
    That could make a "dark ranger" kind of style I love the new idea of customizations for blood elves, because when i saw void elves i was totally jealous, i play horde, and i was like "why allied races get to have all the goodies?" haha
    Meh, I don't know.

Maybe if we also get some kind of red eyes for any reason in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Since they are increasing customization to existing races, we can get expanded looks without using up a race slot. An example is the recent info drop on Blood Elves getting dark skin tones.

This means they can also add extra High Elf customization to Void Elves without it taking up a race slot. Just like they added WH Dwarves to existing Dwarves and Blood/Sand/Dark Trolls to Darkspear to save those slots.
    Ye for what i'm understanding about this, the blue eyes should be given and re-color skins as Alleria to void elves, instead of blood elves (that would make really really no sense at all). They are starting to add new customizations to old races/original races that are not allied races before, but maybe later they will be giving high elf skins and eyes to Void elves.

I always thought the void elves Alleria had with her was just the blood elves ones that were exiled from Silvermoon. Then the High Elf Wayfarer could be the thing that made Alliance finally get the High elf blue eyed color that they so want.

If it was just the blood elves that were exiled would be really impossible to have those customizations.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-03 at 02:29 AM.

As far as they've stated before, it would not be blood elves that get high elf customization, it would be the void elves.
    They were open to giving void elves high elf customization as it would make sense considering high elves are aligned with the alliance and not the horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dark skin Blood Elves means they will no longer be thematically just "fair-skinned" as we will inevitably be seeing this new customization on NPCs going forward as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Did anyone ask them directly at Blizzcon about High Elves?

Personally I find it interesting how they added what would essentially be Wildhammer options to regular Dwarves and that satisfies that fantasy. Boneless Undead is another feature people have wanted for Forsaken and more Troll tribes represented sounds good to me.

I'm still hopeful we will see something High Elf with these customizations, as they may look at how much they're giving to other races and give some love to Allied Races. I'd like to see more for Void Elves, more normal hairstyles that aren't tentacles or anything like that and obviously High Elf skins, fairer and tattoos. We also don't know 100% what the final pair of Allied Races are, whilst I don't expect High Elf I would assume one is LF Undead.

I am worried about the additional Blood Elf customization. If they ended up getting what people want for High Elves that would be massive kick in the face.
    MrGM wanted to ask about that, but didn't got time to prepare and forgot. But he asked for blue eyes for Blood elves and devs laughed at the question and said that they were thinking of options and that they would see.

The original ones? So that means, ok i'm understanding now, means that last high elves turned into void elves too and are trained by Alleria and can be basically looking like her?
    Sorry that was what I was trying to tell you with my replies.

Well... We don't know if they can replicate the process.
    Yeah we don't know for sure. But the foundations are there since those NPCs are present, it wouldn't make it unrealistic

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post

They will undoubtedly give Allied Races more customization down the line. You already have people asking for more Nightborne customization, and as we see here, Void Elf customization too.