Poll: Did Blizzard redeem themselves with the D4 Announcment?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's promising, but I haven't seen nearly enough to convince me this isn't going to be some ftp mmo-wannabe garbage. The whole "see other people in hubs!" thing screams to me hat they're going to be selling cosmetics that they want to advertise - which is fine in a ftp game like PoE, but not in a game with a box price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Unsure because we are going through hype phase when all the systems sound good on paper but it all boils down to endgame content, balance and progression.

D3 sucked because of a failure to meet all 3 while succeeding in all other categories. The game is fun, the combat was visceral and the graphics were pretty good. But good was not good enough, it needed to have an endgame.

I wonder what they will show today at the Systems & Features panels. Do you guys think they already have concept how endgame/itemization should work? Or theres possible another one game restart (like they did atleast once so far)?

Unsure.

It's too early to tell. The cinematic reveal was incredibly good, makes me feel hopeful they'll bring Diablo back to it's dark, gritty, M rated look and feel. The gameplay looked significantly better than Diablo III, too. I have high hopes. They have a lot of other systems and features to fix, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    What Diablo? This is X-men!

They can't even create their own bad guy, low skilled Blizz will fail again.
    Really? That guy? That's who it reminded you of?

This is my guess for reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Interesting. We didn’t have any issues with chopping and I didn’t notice any animation issues while playing. I would be shocked if the game wasn’t out by 2021, but we won know how ambitious it truly is until the panel tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong I do like POE a lot. My biggest gripes are that it’s a “floor cleaner” type ARPG, the crafting is way too convoluted now, and the talent tree/gem system isn’t as revolutionary as people think (unless you’re a build maker 90% of people cookie cut). I also dislike the resistances (play too heavily for my liking). Overall, POE is very fun and I’ve played a fair amount of it over its life-time. I just don’t like blowing up 100 enemies with one skill and having to do hours of research to craft. Also has feature creep issues with past seasons. 4.0 might fix a lot of my problems with it.

So far D4 seemed to have more meaningful combat where multiple enemies didn’t get one tapped with a single ability and it seemed very fast while remaining “slow”. Very similar to Lost Ark combat speed minus the staggering. I’m excited but also trying to temper my expectations.
    Animations being a bit wonky and things being choppy sometimes is just a given since it's early alpha, it's one of the more solid early alpha builds I've seen though so props to the team.

I personally love PoE for the fact that you can get nearly anything to work and work well, I haven't ever played a 'cookie cutter' FOTM league build since I've never really had the need to do so.

To be fair, it's hard to pass any judgement on the D4 demo or compare it to the pacing of PoE.
    D3 demo/early levels are very slow and methodical whereas high level it turns into an even faster paced version of PoE where you blow up hundreds of enemies at once and I am willing to bet that D4 will be the same, that's just how ARPG's function nowadays. It's just picking your poison in regards to the rest of the game outside of combat.

10 years ago the trailer alone would have made me preorder the limited edition. Hell forget any trailer, just the tag [Blizzard + Diablo] would have been enough.
    The announcement really made me realize just how much they tarnished their reputation over the years. Now I'm questioning every move they make, always expecting the devil behind the next corner. One could say that I'm overblowing it, but you also can't deny that I'm not the only player who feels that way. It's not just me.

So no, they didn't redeem themselves. They threw out the hook, but I'm going to watch that bait long and close before I bite...or move on to the next shiny game.

Things that make me slightly hopeful:

- Darker tone. Yes, the game doesn't look that much different from Diablo 3, but it doesn't matter at this point. There is still a long way to go, only the current goal is important.
    - Strong back to the roots implications, starting with the so-far revealed classes
    - Developed with PVP in mind. This is huge, even if you don't like PVP.

Things that make me skeptical:

- Monetization system isn't clear. The idea seems to be game + xpacks, but according to some streams microtransactions are also part of the plan. If this means that it's only an option for the asian market (like Diablo 3 now), or if it's only the nuclear option to maintain the game once *all* xpacs are out then fine, but I'm not going to agree with double-dipping when the game is still fresh and not in maintenance mode.
    - Limited trade options. For those who played Diablo 2, being able to trade everything of value made the game experience authentic and even more addicting. I understand that they are not fond of third parties making money off their game (ebay etc.), but I hope they reconsider their harsh stance till release. Limiting the amount of times an item can be traded sounds like a good compromise, it just has to be applied to all items, not just semi-trash.
    - The lore being a mess because they don't dare to nuke whatever happened in D3.

Iv'e liked all three Diablo games so I was not one of the people that bitched that D3 needed to be darker. So aside from the Diablo immortal thing I never thought Blizzard needed to redeem themselves and even then we all knew they were still making a D4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They said there are more than 3 classes. Those 3 were only for the demo.
    Nice one! Good to know.

Naw, step in the right direction.

The game just looks like a reskin of D3. It's 99% D3. Same action bar = same type of gameplay.
    Same stats.

Basically, they rushed D4 by using D3 as a base and this is the gross result.

I don't want to play another D3.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post

The game just looks like a reskin of D3. It's 99% D3. Same action bar = same type of gameplay.
    Same stats.
    Um... excuse me?
    • "Same action bar"? No, it's not the same.
    • "Same type of gameplay"? No shit, sherlock. It's the same type of gameplay we had since Diablo 1.
    • "Same stats"? Again: no shit, sherlock. It's the same stats we had since Diablo 1.

Not to mention you completely missed the fact that D4 doesn't have the same talent system as D3.

How can it be "rushed" since it's not ready, and it has been in production for quite some time? Just because it has a demo ready for one zone and only three classes?

Judging by the reasons you put out, it looks like you don't want to play ARPGs in general.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like their best game since bc, so I'd say so

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Um... excuse me?
    • "Same action bar"? No, it's not the same.
    • "Same type of gameplay"? No shit, sherlock. It's the same type of gameplay we had since Diablo 1.
    • "Same stats"? Again: no shit, sherlock. It's the same stats we had since Diablo 1.

Not to mention you completely missed the fact that D4 doesn't have the same talent system as D3.

How can it be "rushed" since it's not ready, and it has been in production for quite some time? Just because it has a demo ready for one zone and only three classes?

Judging by the reasons you put out, it looks like you don't want to play ARPGs in general.
    Your argument the entire time was fairly weak.

Look at the d3 action bar, look at the D4. Minus ui elements looking different it's still the same shit.

Look at the reveal gameplay for D3 and compare it to D4. Identical. You are mistaken by your understanding of gameplay. Diablo 2 vs 3 do not have the same 'gameplay.' They both play like an ARPG, but they just don't play the same. Just like how that ps2 everquest game is an APRG but gameplay is completely different. Learn some differentiation, please. I see no difference in the way d3 plays vs the way d4 plays. Skills were changed a little bit. It's the same system of play.

No, stats have changed from d1-3. You are 100% entirely, could not be further away from the truth. This applies to all of your points.

Blizz were on fire from their shit show of a blizzcon / treatment of fans from last year. This shit was rushed. It has nothing to do with the sum of content, it's the type of game D4 will end up being. A clone of D3 with a few changes. You can rush ideas, it doesn't have to be actual release items.

I love ARPGs, and again, you are not even close to being correct on anything.

D4 is a fuckin' reskin of D3. Prove me wrong.
    I was a Death's Demise.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Really? That guy? That's who it reminded you of?

This is my guess for reference.
    I also instantly thought of them.

Hell all the way.

Same stats.

By your logic, D3 was just a reskin of D2.
    How did they rush D4? They said it won't be out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    At least in terms of story, Shadowlands is this year's Diablo Immortal
    Not really. Try again.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Not really. Try again.
    I won't, because the story is pretty bad. I don't like it. You can't convince me it's good

snip
    Why so salty? Did you buy a phone for Immortal then get cucked by the D4 announcement?
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

I'll reserve judgment on their product until I've actually tried it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaarm View Post
    By your logic, D3 was just a reskin of D2.
    How did they rush D4? They said it won't be out for a while.
    No, you're wrong.
    D2/3 are completely different. You just don't get it.

It's not about rushing to complete D4. It's about rushing their ideas, which then results in garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Why so salty? Did you buy a phone for Immortal then get cucked by the D4 announcement?
    What the fuck do you even mean? You make zero sense.

I'm not salty, I'm just used to blizzard never being able to deliver anymore.
    I was a Death's Demise.