View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flying does kill immersion, but if you plan to enable it later anyway it seems kind of stupid to have the barrier at all.
    I still think they just need to restrict mounting flying mounts to flight masters, would solve all of the immersion issues and the shitty gameplay loops that happen when flying exists (flying from mob to mob)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    It's not fun, it's not engaging, it's just an annoyance. It doesn't immerse me into the world, it adds nothing to my experience, in fact it takes me out of it when I have to kill quillboar #1,023,410 of the expansion when rightfully they should be terrified of me after I've massacred their people.
    If you have to kill a million quillboar while traveling the issue isn't the game. It is you. You don't have to engage these mobs. You don't have to attack them. And most of you bitching about lack of flight are still blatantly lying about daze mechanics and well just about all other game mechanics any of you bring up as a reason why flight should be an option to avoid actually playing the fucking game. It isn't changing. It has been how many expansions now?

Also the tired old whine about having to lvl to 120 killing low lvl mobs has effectively been made null and void as of the new expansion.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2019-11-03 at 05:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when they gate flying like that. I just get the "cba" feeling so fast when you can't fly anymore. But when they do finally allow flying, then I will be playing for longer. Thankfully there's loads of great games coming next year, so no wow for a year or so is fine.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    An lets start the same discussion for the one millionth time. They won't change it. Get over it.
    That's okay. They won't change it, and I won't buy their stuff until they enable it
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    Same. Can't fly? Not intrested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    No, it's not. The best system is to let the people that want to fly, fly and let people like you ride on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The best system is to let the people that want to fly, fly and let people like you ride on the ground.
    Having two completely different sets of content to allow for that, and probably two types of servers to handle it - would be just plain stupid.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I don't have a problem with the pathfinding system except that it is way too much. They should make it so that most of the quests that you do while leveling by the time you get to the max level will cover it. I have leveled many many characters to max level and have not achieved pathfinder once. I have done this in a combination of questing and dungeons in many different classes. It should be enough to level one toon to max level to achieve the pathfinding achievement. It is ridiculous to have to do so much activity to achieve it. I agree with the war mode setting. I would also agree with an option to buy flying with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Having two completely different sets of content to allow for that, and probably two types of servers to handle it - would be just plain stupid.
    No, the same content just the choice to fly or not. You know how the game worked from TBC to MoP. When the game was at its peak and actually did much better than now.

I mean you always have the choice to use your ground mounts no matter what. Are you using your ground mounts now if it's so superior? Anti-flyers basically won. Flying doesn't get added until it's largely pointless. You won't stop the fight on this ever. There will be those that will always think timegating flying for a year is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's unfortunate. I'd much rather flying not exist at all so the game doesn't get ruined a few patches down the line for the sake of the 1% of the playerbase (look, I can pull numbers out my ass too!) who just want to fly and avoid conflict because they're bad or want to do world quests for that upgrade they desperately need to compete in LFR.

Also, yes, people did complain about flying prior to WoD. Maybe you just didn't play the game?

Though considering you won't preorder (you will, we know you will), that means it's more and more likely for them to not have flying in future expansions!

Now for the less sarcastic response: instead of complaining, push for the best of both worlds: DO NOT ALLOW FLYING IN WAR MODE. Simple fix, been saying it since Warmode was announced. Awesome, I know.

You want flying, I want to play the game and be able to WPvP properly; you won't be in Warmode, I will. Seriously just spam blizzard with no flying in Warmode and I won't give a shit if flying is implemented at the start of the expansion because it won't effect me.
    It’s cute that you still think flying killed world pvp. Flying didn’t exist in BFA for a year and even with all the warmode/world pvp stuff it still didn’t make a comeback.

Once again - Blizzard killed world pvp when they introduced BGs and that was long before BC and flying came to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    I mean you always have the choice to use your ground mounts no matter what.
    There isn't a choice when there is competition for resources, mobs etc.

Just to remind you - this is an MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the same content just the choice to fly or not.
    So - we need one server and content for flying and one for not flying - and you choose which one to play.

That's exactly what I was saying was silly.

Explaining the same logic every expansion - you'd think people would understand by now.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    They REALLY need to take inspiration from FFXIV where it is unlocked per zone and to do that you just need to

1. Complete the msq there

2. Do a few side quests

3. "Attune yourself to the aether"(explore the zone and go to specific attunement points..for wow can easily be leyline or some other kinda area) and even then you have a little compass that says wgere to go.

Much simpler much easier and doesn't invalidate a zone while encouraging exploration before you go braindead if trying to farm the rep for it(i also REALLY miss farmable rep)

There isn't a choice when there is competition for resources, mobs etc.

Just to remind you - this is an MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

So - we need one server and content for flying and one for not flying - and you choose which one to play.

That's exactly what I was saying was silly.
    No, you can have flying on every server just make sure you don't remove ground mounts. Then the choice is yours and the game won't feel like its a trip on rails.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostShaman View Post
    The gating has to stop. Its just ridiculous. I liked how Ion got booed during the QA after his answer. If he would have said that the gating is gone and pathfinder stays, I would have been ok.
    It was 50/50 proving his point that pathfinder is a compromise.

Still waiting on the perfect solution from people that isn't "I get what I want fuck the others."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Same.

Pathfinder is shit. And it's not just "muh flying!". It's the entire design philosophy surrounding it. Flat, mazelike open world zones filled with pointless dazing trash mobs. Yeah, sure, there's ways to avoid dazing, but that doesn't change how weak the open world design is. And with the retarded, pointless, ridiculous, needless 8 month lockout after you complete pathfinder part 1 is just rubbing salt in the wound.

I was a little hopeful about the new expansion, but this just cements that they're going to do the same ol same ol.

Fuck you blizzard. Fuck your laziness. Fuck your false, empty promised about focusing on the community and listening. What a bunch of bullshit.

Blizzard, you're creatively bankrupt. Ion, you're a soulless robot who needs to be moved to accounting where he can crunch numbers and leave the design process alone.

Fuck.
    Souls don't exist and robots are better than humans due to not worrying about appeasing useless emotions.

Then the choice is yours and the game won't feel like its a trip on rails.
    We've already agreed the choice should be mine - the problem is I still have to be able to choose between flying content/server and no-flying content/server.

That's the bit you keep skipping over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It was 50/50 proving his point that pathfinder is a compromise.

Still waiting on the perfect solution from people that isn't "I get what I want fuck the others."

- - - Updated - - -

Souls don't exist and robots are better than humans due to not worrying about appeasing useless emotions.
    The perfect solution was there from TBC - Just let the players pick how the want to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What grind? You fill every criteria just by playing the game for a few weeks. (Revered reps., Loremaster, Explorer)
    not even close, we dont all play the same way

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The anti-flying side is not the one creating dozens of threads every day whining about it or threatening to unsub or not buy the expansion. "We" accept the compromise, we don't keep spamming and pushing for the complete removal of it.

There's a huge fucking difference.

But hey, maybe we should be just as vocal (and loud, and annoying) as the pro-flying\anti-pathfinder have been and just fucking spamm the forums and boards with "REMOVE FLYING COMPLETELY!" every single day, until exhaustion.
    To be fair your side actually did until wod. It's what caused the giant flying discussion thread.

Doesn't bother me to be honest. I like flying but to say this is a dealbreaker? Nah, I will survive.

The perfect solution was there from TBC - Just let the players pick how the want to travel.
    TBC was content intended for flying mounts, you had to use flying mounts. That's a different scenario.