Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People just behave like this because nowadays everything is a meme and people don't take anything serious or take others seriously. Nowadays viewers of Asmongold is the community we have in the game that just puts a meme emote with a simple LOL word. It feels people are not interested in anything else besides a new class, and disregards all the rest of the work and effort they are putting into works. The awful audience and the same audience that bought a ticket and wasted their money to be yawning at blizzcon. Honestly if there's something i have lost more faith, instead of blizzard, was in humanity, in people having humility, work as a team, and not attacking each other, memeing everything they see.

36 classes (specs) to balance and still want one more that would probably on top of those existing ones, that same class would probably have about 2 more specs. Let them fix the damn classes that exist already. God, feels so weird being part of this world as it is right now. I miss old days where people just gave a good criticism that never offended anyone and always with a fun tone that didn't use memes and treated others decently and as a person and not as trash.

Anyways. Good night.

I'm not really angry about it. I wanted Tinker so more than 2% of players would play one of the small races and all of the abilities were already in the game for BFA.

But alas, there will be none. Who exactly benefits from this, i don't know. I know that a lot of people who would have come back for ANY new class will not come back just to grind 4 new factions. And since Blizzard had already done the Tinker class for BFA anyway it would not have cost them that much extra effort to make them playable.

Instead, they will put their resources into tweaking such incredibly popular specs like Sub Rogue and Surv Hunter. Did you know that both for M+ AND Raiding these two specs have less players COMBINED than the next least popular spec? And it's not like that has not been the case for almost 4 years in consecution. Those two specs even had strips of almost no participation in the old days before WoD.

I can tell you one thing for sure: Adding ANY - and i really, honestly and LITTERALLY mean ANY - Hero Class with two specs to the game would have attracted more players than those two specs will ever have at any peak during the next 2 years.

But actually cutting specs that nobody plays would require courage. And willingness to question the foundations of your 15 year old game. And current Blizzard does not look like that's their cup of tea.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-11-03 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    ACTUALLY. Necromancers and Dark Ranger are a strong bet now after this expansion, because you know.....
    We are going to dwelve in the dark powers of the afterlife. Even the Necrolords are the best starting point for a necromancer class.

And its better in this way... there is a lot of problems with the majority of Classes and specs, and apart from reducing the levels to 60, its the best time to fix a lot of problems.
    I preffer to play a expansion when i can enjoy my class, rather a expansion with a new class and a horrible class design.
    But they aren't fixing any classes with reworks that desperately need them. Subtlety getting poisons doesn't fix any of their niche issues and won't have any interplay with their shadow abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I just wanted a new class with a healing spec because it's been like 8 years that I haven't gotten my hands on something new for my favorite role (well, there was the enormous change to disc, but you know, fantasy and all), I expected blizzard to announce at least a race if not a class solely because it is a smart marketing move - it gets them pre-sales rolling.
    I just wanted another ranged class because every class Blizzard added, with the exception of monk with a healing spec, has been tank and melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    You really think they will wait that long? Most speculations i hear from people recently are on a mid to late summer release.
    People have latched on to the "On or Before December 31st" estimate without realizing that the reason they format it like that is entirely a legal matter. They can't allow game preorders without having an estimated launch date legally. Giving themselves the entire year of 2020 is just breathing room to release the expansion when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    People have latched on to the "On or Before December 31st" estimate without realizing that the reason they format it like that is entirely a legal matter. They can't allow game preorders without having an estimated launch date legally. Giving themselves the entire year of 2020 is just breathing room to release the expansion when it's done.
    Except Legion and BFA's preorder dates were "On or before September 21st" to indicate a summer release. The 12/31 date means they expect 4th quarter.

meh, no bard. guess my wait to return continues.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    Except Legion and BFA's preorder dates were "On or before September 21st" to indicate a summer release. The 12/31 date means they expect 4th quarter.
    Those release dates were also given later into the development cycle. Pre-orders for BFA weren't live the second the expansion was announced, so they didn't give any release period until January, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by authority portal View Post
    meh, no bard. guess my wait to return continues.
    Geez old timer you've been waiting a while. I remember there being people asking for bards since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Geez old timer you've been waiting a while. I remember there being people asking for bards since BC.
    Since BC? Probably since Vanilla beta.

I'm perfectly fine with current Enh (although I miss long duration weapon enhancements). The biggest thing I hope is that they remove Breath of Sindrigosa.
    Why would you want to remove the only thing that Frost DK has in terms of a big payoff? The spec is literally just whack-a-mole without Breath. I'd be fine if they removed Breath, but they would need a complete rework of the spec to make it into... SOMETHING... if they do. The spec has nothing else to do. It's all passive.

And this is coming from a Frost DK main since literally WotLK. It isn't... the BEST thing, but it at least gives the spec some direction forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I just wanted another ranged class because every class Blizzard added, with the exception of monk with a healing spec, has been tank and melee dps.
    I get what you mean, but if we look at pure numbers,
    we have 11 ranged (including casters and pure ranged)
    2 from Hunter
    3 from Warlock
    3 from Mage
    1 from Balance
    1 from Elemental
    1 from Spriest

And we have 12 Melee
    3 from Rogue
    2 from Warrior
    2 from DK
    Enh
    Survival
    Feral
    Windwalker
    Havoc

I know how it feels, but it's almost balanced in terms of specs (of Damage)
    And in Regards to Tanks v. Healers, we have 6 tank specs and 5 healer specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Why would you want to remove the only thing that Frost DK has in terms of a big payoff? The spec is literally just whack-a-mole without Breath. I'd be fine if they removed Breath, but they would need a complete rework of the spec to make it into... SOMETHING... if they do. The spec has nothing else to do. It's all passive.

And this is coming from a Frost DK main since literally WotLK. It isn't... the BEST thing, but it at least gives the spec some direction forward.
    It gives Frost a goal, but that goal is doing the literal bare minimum outside of Breath windows so you can have that Payoff, leading to really low actions per minute.

5+ Year Old Account
    specs will never be balanced, classes wont, adding back passives and bullshit isn't enough to spice the pot. Adding a new class adds new gameplay, new metrics, gets people excited. Idk feel like they cleaned up the gameplay but aren't really giving us much to be excited about, just shit that should've been fixed in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    specs will never be balanced, classes wont, adding back passives and bullshit isn't enough to spice the pot. Adding a new class adds new gameplay, new metrics, gets people excited. Idk feel like they cleaned up the gameplay but aren't really giving us much to be excited about, just shit that should've been fixed in BFA
    To use your metaphor, spice isn't enough to fix the dish if the ingredients are rotten.

1. Engineering exists, therefor a tinkerer will never exist.
    2. Blizzard said that a Necromancer toolkit already belongs to Warlocks and Deathknights
    3. Dark ranger abilities already belong to Hunters, Warlocks and Shadow priests.

2 from Hunter
    3 from Warlock
    3 from Mage
    1 from Balance
    1 from Elemental
    1 from Spriest

And we have 12 Melee
    3 from Rogue
    2 from Warrior
    2 from DK
    Enh
    Survival
    Feral
    Windwalker
    Havoc

Why does there need to be equality?
    Last edited by Spicymemer; 2019-11-03 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Why does there need to be equality?
    There doesn't. But numerically, it's not like we're OWED a new ranged or healer, per se.
    New class could have been melee DPS.

2 from Hunter
    3 from Warlock
    3 from Mage
    1 from Balance
    1 from Elemental
    1 from Spriest

And we have 12 Melee
    3 from Rogue
    2 from Warrior
    2 from DK
    Enh
    Survival
    Feral
    Windwalker
    Havoc

- - - Updated - - -

It gives Frost a goal, but that goal is doing the literal bare minimum outside of Breath windows so you can have that Payoff, leading to really low actions per minute.
    But Frost without Breath doesn't have any direction AND ALSO STILL HAS LOW APM anyway. The other talents on that row don't change that. Also, APM is over rated. I have a lot of fun playing Classic WoW and all the classes have massively low APM.

But Frost without Breath doesn't have any direction AND ALSO STILL HAS LOW APM anyway. The other talents on that row don't change that. Also, APM is over rated. I have a lot of fun playing Classic WoW and all the classes have massively low APM.
    But there are classes who have the "payoff" Cooldown but does it in a more engaging way. Sure, Fire Mage has a goal to play around Combustion, but that doesn't make them have to play really lame outside of the combustion window.

- - - Updated - - -

And in regards to the other talents in that row not GIVING APM, BoS actively takes it away. It disincentives using your Runic Power on Frost Strike or other spenders in preparation for another ability.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    No one is blaming Blizzard for breaking any "promise".

Blizzard is being blamed for trying to sell us a featureless expansion.
    "Featureless."

Top kek

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Us Dragonsworn fans are chopped liver I see
    Dragonsworn makes no sense as a class, so...